Sherbrooke, QC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JISurfer, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:57 AM.

1. JISurfer

JISurfer Poo-Bah (1,660) Dec 10, 2002 South Carolina
    Trader

I’ll be visiting Vermont next week, but also spending Thursday up in Sherbrooke. What are some breweries, bottle shops, and/or beers to look out for up there. Merci!

2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Poo-Bah (1,678) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

For beers, most of the previous threads and especially the recent ones (for Montreal and whatnot) have good recommendations for beers to watch for. If not, the top Canadian beers list has a ton of Quebec beers and many of those should be findable without tons of difficulty.

As far as I know, Au vent du nord is your best bet for picking up bottles. For having a beer at a bar there is Ciboire which is decent and Boquébière. The only thing with Boquébière is I haven't had their beer in forever so I can really speak to quality. It used to be really good then their place flooded and they had to close and reopen and stopped sending bottles out.

I imagine you're coming up from Hill Farmstead, but if by chance you're coming up from Burlington you could stop at the Dunham Brewery, which is very good and wouldn't be too far out of your way.

Enjoy your trip!

Electros and JISurfer like this.
  3. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Crusader (727) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

I can’t speak to the quality of the beer anymore, but the Golden Lion Pub in Lennoxville is one of the oldest brewpubs in Canada. I drank and enjoyed gallons of Lion’s Pride back in 1990/91.

Kidding aside, see above and enjoy!

JISurfer likes this.
  4. papposilenus

papposilenus Savant (931) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire

My daughter's at school in Lennoxville and I've been anxiously watching this thread desperately hoping that someone would come up with something better than the Golden Lion.

Coronaeus and TheDoctor like this.