Should i be worry about this?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Jos3h2r, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jos3h2r

Jos3h2r Initiate (57) Apr 7, 2015 Panama

Hey guys. Im worried about something that happened with the batch i have right now. My fermenter is a 7 gallons bucket, its been working just fine for the last 7 batches. The airlock on top, i switched this time from the one that look like a syphon to this one, which is the one with a cilinder and a small plastic cap that bubbles inside. Well long story short, fermentation went great and today in the morning, 2 days from bottling day, i was changing frozen bottles of my swamp cooler and i almost fell down, pressed the top of the fermenter and after that some water(star san solution), 4 o 5 cc dont know if more, was sucked into the bucket very slowly. Now im really worried about this, dont know how much this will affect my beer and if i should still bottle it.

I know i have to wait and taste it, but anybody experiment this kind of situation before? What was the outcome? Was the beer ruined or it was just fine?

O switching to glass now and go back to my old airlock. But still.

2. dmamiano

dmamiano Savant (914) Nov 18, 2005 West Virginia

Happens to a lot of people
    Beer will be fine. Bottle it

frozyn, chavinparty, ssam and 4 others like this.
  3. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Disciple (392) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont

yep, not to worry.

4. epk

epk Initiate (164) Jun 10, 2008 New Jersey

I had a LHBS shop owner (not one I use very frequently) once tell us you could pee in a batch of beer and no one could ever tell... I make sure to never ask to try his beer.

Anyway, a lot of people have sucked a little airlock sanitizer into the beer, it'll be fine.

5. NorCalKid

NorCalKid Initiate (99) Jan 10, 2018 California

It sounds like you went from the p-trap style to a 3 piece. Either one will do the job, preference is bias. Dude, if star san ain’t near my beer and/in it I’m freakin out.