Shrink label Guidance

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by SamHolder82, Dec 6, 2018.

1. SamHolder82

SamHolder82 Initiate (15) Dec 6, 2018 Indiana

Hey all!

So I have a label question for shrink sleeves. I never really thought the hardest part of my adventure would be finding a cost effective way of applying shrink sleeves. Anyone here have any experience with steam or convection tunnels?

I'm literally working out of my garage. I cant seem to find any contract labeling factory's in my state (indiana). Any guidance or shared experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,258) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium

Not being involved in the business to know terminology, I assume that you are talking about canning sleeves. There is a mobile canning service that operates here in Michigan, and I'm pretty sure that I've read that they also get into northern Indiana (if that may be where you are located). I don't know the company's name though.

3. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (96) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Is it some sort of plasticized label sleeve that's slipped over a can and shrunk to fit by applying heat; something similar to heat-shrink for covering electrical connections?

4. SamHolder82

SamHolder82 Initiate (15) Dec 6, 2018 Indiana

Mothergoose, that sounds like that might work for me! I'll look them up!

Riptorn, I dont know the exact science. But you hit the nail on the head. I want the entire bottle to be covered in artwork.

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  5. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (96) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

6. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,258) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium

Check with Transient Artisan Ale in Bridgman, Michigan. They can some of their beers but they are small enough that I doubt they have their own machinery and probably use the mobile service.