Side Project Brewing, St. Louis, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by JRorie, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coryking

coryking Initiate (153) Sep 21, 2008 Missouri
    Beer Trader

The Origin is going to be less than $30.

2. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (189) Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

I realized after posting that I had made that up haha

leftyhyzer likes this.
  3. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Meyvn (1,136) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Pre-trade ISO: The Origin FT: Avery brewery releases and ([at least] some) Crooked Stave CR releases.
    My tasting group, 2/3 Midwest raised!, would love a bottle of this, if not, then so be it, just sounds amazing. Keep putting out great beers Cory, you have the support of beer geeks from all over!

4. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (615) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I admire your attempt to get this beer but I have a feeling this will be one of those so called Midwest Insta-Whales

5. jaminjohnson

If I'm going to wait in line for 12 hours for 1 bottle..it would take alot.
    If your from Cali I'd say 7 DDG+alpine

hey5hitgoose and leftyhyzer like this.
  6. beerepiphany

beerepiphany Initiate (50) Oct 19, 2010 Illinois

I'm not trading anything I get...I'm going to buy what I can drink/share.

Wait, thats all I ever do.....buy just enough to enjoy myself or with friends. And you know what? That doesnt make me ANY LESS of a beer fan as someone who buys 12 bottles, drinks 1, and hoardes the rest to trade/brag/whack off to/etc

It's funny how we all preach "LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL" and then send 6 bottles of an already hard to find beer all the way across the continental US to get something back that is far from "local." Rant, schmant, you hoarders/traders are all insane and ruin the fun of beer.

And yes, I'm making an over-dramatic example attacking the extreme hoarders/mulers/traders. Not the guy who has a couple buddies he trades with from time to time.

7. jaminjohnson

Who are you arguing with?

8. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (615) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Yea, im confused

hey5hitgoose likes this.
  9. beerepiphany

beerepiphany Initiate (50) Oct 19, 2010 Illinois

The future hoarders/mules/traders of these beers. And all other limited release beers.

10. AAlchemist

AAlchemist Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2012 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Any hints on What you will be brining to What the Funk @ Crooked Stave next month?

11. CardsWinAgain

CardsWinAgain Aspirant (223) Jul 24, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

On a serious note, I want one of each of these beers. See my gots. Ill do what it takes... Seriously.

12. coryking

Beer Trader

Ill be bringing Saison du Fermier and maybe a couple of bottles of Brett Project #1. Wish I had more, but thats all I can do this time around...

13. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

From the reviews of Saison du Fermier from Wlv this weekend. It sounds like that will be more than enough. Everyone loved it from what it sounds. See u on the 28th sir!

cfrances33 likes this.
  14. AAlchemist

AAlchemist Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2012 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Completely understand and am just happy to hear. Hope i can try the Brett Project #1 and the Saison du Fermier.

15. Duffmanohyeah02

Duffmanohyeah02 Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Ill be there at like 7 am haha

jaminjohnson likes this.
  16. jaminjohnson

17. Corbet

Corbet Initiate (164) Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Is it crazy?

hey5hitgoose likes this.
  18. JRorie

JRorie Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

19. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Apparently numerous people were lined up before 5am so uh...yeah

20. DLDlulz

DLDlulz Aspirant (213) Feb 15, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

How many hobo mules in line?

21. jaminjohnson

First person was 3:30pm Friday..... I came to eat there at 9pm and bottle share was going so I just stayed all night

22. jaminjohnson

None, pretty classy release this time

DLDlulz likes this.
  23. Duffmanohyeah02

Beer Trader

I got there at 6:30 and was very surprised to see the amount of great beer being shared. Todsy was truely a great day

hey5hitgoose likes this.
  24. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

i remember seeing so many bottles opened and realizing it was only 9am. seemed like forever until i got tickets, but such a good time and so much awesomeness opened up!

25. bushdcm

bushdcm Aspirant (244) Mar 15, 2011 Kansas
    Beer Trader

It sounded like there was a good amount of the Fermier. Anyone heard how many bottles there actually were?

26. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

not sure, but there couldnt have been much more than 4-500

27. bushdcm

bushdcm Aspirant (244) Mar 15, 2011 Kansas
    Beer Trader

That's what I was guessing too

28. stouts4me

stouts4me Disciple (374) Oct 9, 2011 Illinois

186 bottles of The Origin, 50 bottle of The Brett Project.Only a limited amount of pours of Origin on draft also, had to have a ticket for it.Well-run by Cory and his team.Some excellent beers tasted, Damon aged in Pappy barrels ( thanks Jeff ), DL '12, BT '11, Huny '10, CBS, Uncle Jacobs, BCBS '12, Cherry Truffle Abduction. That Aztec food trucks tacos were great, too. Good times.

29. jegross2

jegross2 Meyvn (1,210) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Loved the cinnamon donuts. Great release, great bottle share. Some of my favorites of the bottle share were Hunah 11, OGV08, Damon, NG RD VSB, Blushing Monk and CdC b2.

We got there at 1050 pm the night before, stayed for a few drinks and came back at 515 am. I was the second to last person to get a full allocation, so ~515 am was the cut off time for full allocations. Not sure how late the person who got the last origin ticket showed up, maybe someone can chime in on that?

30. Duffmanohyeah02

Beer Trader

I got there at 6:30 and i heard about 15 back from me got the last ticket.

As far as the bottle share goes, the huna vert with brandy huna was great, damon was good, DL vert with de muerte DL was great, white chocolate, choco rain, and 11&12 BT was great as well.

31. coryking

Beer Trader

There were 418 bottles of SDF released to the public...

Really glad to hear that everyone seemed to have a good time. Would have hated for my first release to have turned into a muling-mess of unhappy people. Thank you everyone for the support...

32. jaminjohnson

If there is a side project lost and found I left my blue folding chair there, thanks Cory

Duffmanohyeah02 likes this.
  33. phishbfm

phishbfm Aspirant (287) Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I see what you did there.....ISO dat Origin!

34. MarkyMOD

Beer Trader

Had an amazing time at the bottle share, was great to meet all you awesome St. Louis people. Your generosity blows me away, if any of you are ever in the Denver/Boulder area hit me up on here and I'll have some bottles waiting... To make sure it's not all positive, your traffic lights suck (maybe I'm just impatient) and it's ridiculous these Side Projects kegs haven't kicked yet, hope no one minds me finishing them off for you (to help your livers recover from Friday/Saturday, your welcome) :D

35. theruckus33

theruckus33 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2010 Missouri
    Beer Trader

mister Citra Ninja - how long you in town?!

36. jegross2

jegross2 Meyvn (1,210) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just me, but I take offense to being called a hobo

37. MarkyMOD

Beer Trader

I'll be at Schlafly Bottleworks at 11am tomorrow, then I'm on my way back to CO. Was gonna post my brew visits on STLHops in hopes of meeting up, but approval is taking awhile... Luckily met Doug randomly at 4 hands though (your awesome Doug!). Who is Mr. ruckus is real life, just trying to put faces to avatars?
    Hopefully some of y'all are coming to GABF and have some free time, 'tis the season to pop bottles.

38. MarkyMOD

Beer Trader

Btw, should probably point out the Brett Project is in my top 3 beers and the Saison Du is tied for my favorite saison (one of my favorite styles, despite how general it is). Maybe it was the long drive and wait, but I was by far the most excited for The Origin, so these beers go beyond the hype for me, couldn't imagine how much I'd like them.

39. jaminjohnson

Doug is a great guy for sure

40. mrcraft

mrcraft Meyvn (1,250) Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Hey, very cool name for a brewery. But, more interesting is the story behind this brewery. I have high hopes for Cory and his "side project."

jaminjohnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe