Side Project / Shared (2019)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by bread_c, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leroybrown10

leroybrown10 Poo-Bah (1,536) Jan 26, 2008 Missouri
    Society Trader

He did specifically say he didn’t want to stand in line...

2. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (457) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

How’s your reading comprehension? Not good fam, bet.

The guy doesn’t want to wait in line and LeroyBrown based his advice off of that.

3. Bojandjakovic

Bojandjakovic Initiate (17) May 2, 2017 Illinois

No bet, fur shure

4. Bojandjakovic

How’s yours? I’m just saying no way should he not line up for that! Noooo way!!

5. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,479) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I'm not sure if I'm recalling things incorrectly but I thought once upon a time one of the goals behind BBT was to have an unadulterate BA stout available on-site at all times. Obviously that's not been possible but am I remembering something wrong or confusing that with something else?

That wine-style vintage dating makes shit so confusing since most brewers don't do that. Funny that one of my other favorite breweries, Kane, does that though.

6. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (149) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

I’m going to disagree with my buddy @leroybrown10 slightly here.

If you’re not wanting to stand in line for the Sara saison collab, then I would get there between 4pm & 5pm each day. By then those that got there early and got bottles will have had 3-4 hours to drink 15% stouts and be hitting a wall and ready to leave. You should be able to stroll in, get your to go bottles, and enjoy BBT3 and CoExpression Kriek on-site and it not be as packed and more chill.

Could visit Cuginos/Narrow Gauge for lunch and a few pours. Hang at Perennial or 2nd shift where the crowd should be much more chill from noon until then. Good chance Perennial will have some great onsite bottles that Friday as well if you wanted to start there (last year had 2017 Maman I remember for sure).

Just my .02

7. TNCraftBeer

Trader

Same here! @coryking got me super excited reading the blog post, lol. Hopefully the wife and I come home with a few bottles to enjoy.

Also super excited for CoEx Kriek on-site. It’s going to be a hell of a weekend!

8. jeevo

jeevo Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania

After I placed my order for BBT I received an email stating this:

Thank you for your order at Side Project Brewing. We will be in contact shortly regarding the services you have ordered. Your order confirmation is below.

Should I be expecting a follow up email or something else? I haven’t heard from them since.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  9. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (106) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

No other emails/communications have been sent. I think that’s just part of the order confirmation emails that squarespace (or whoever they use) generates. Have the same exact same wording from other breweries/shops

OakvilleKGB and jeevo like this.
  10. jeevo

Right on. I wasn’t sure if a more official email notification went out.

OakvilleKGB and bread_c like this.
  11. TNCraftBeer

Trader

You’ll just have to show up at your assigned location on the day you purchased for with your ID and you’re all set. Your name will be on a list.

OakvilleKGB, 4ruedebuci and jeevo like this.
  12. mart1058

mart1058 Initiate (75) Jan 1, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

How early do you guys think I would need to get in line tomorrow to get a Sunsets? I’ll be driving down and get in town around 1 tomorrow.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  13. ewwiccc

ewwiccc Initiate (165) Jan 12, 2016 California
    Trader

i dont think anyone will be able to tell you that unfortunately :/

14. rmpic82

rmpic82 Zealot (516) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

Anyone notice the language on Sunsets Insta post?

“first surprise announcement for this week”

15. OakvilleKGB

OakvilleKGB Initiate (92) Dec 3, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

"The lively, mature, Brettanomyces-forward hybrid was blended with one of our best barrel-aged Saisons - Oude Fermier...Sunsets is one of my favorite Saisons we have ever produced."
    What part of those 2 statements sounds like a cruel joke?

Vitacca and TNCraftBeer like this.
  16. bread_c

Trader

My guess/hope would be that it's something else for on-site.

17. Sabtos

Society Trader

The utter lack of pastry sludge.

I'll be standing outside the entrance selling Hershey's Syrup to mitigate this disaster.

Readmorevols and gibgink like this.
  18. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (151) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

I’m guessing coexpressionalism Kriek will be another “surprise” even though it’s in the blog post.

19. TNCraftBeer

Trader

We have no idea the size of the batch, how many are being allocated to go each day, etc.

However, I would be shocked if you were there 15 mins before open and didn’t get a bottle to go.

OakvilleKGB and mart1058 like this.
  20. Bojandjakovic

Idk man just said at the time it felt right maybe in hindsight it doesn’t who knows? didn’t mean to trigger so many people who have all these AMAZING syrup jokes tho that’s for Shure

21. narddawg314

narddawg314 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2015 Missouri
    Deactivated

So the "extra" bottle to go won't be reserved for those that got a ticket for BBT then? For some reason I thought if you had a ticket you were guaranteed the option to buy the surprise bottle. I have to work on Friday and was going to the brewery after work to get my BBT and to try whatever is on draft, but I guess I won't be getting the extra at 4pm. Oh well!

22. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (151) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

It’s been essentially a normal release every other year.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  23. TNCraftBeer

Trader

Correct, not reserved. Assumed they will allocate an amount for each day and when it’s gone then it’s gone.

I’m curious to see if it sells out each day and if so, how quickly. The collab with De Garde lasted a couple weeks to go. With it not being a stout, I could see it not being an instant sellout kind of deal.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  24. CypressPaul1

CypressPaul1 Initiate (24) Nov 24, 2019 Georgia

Thanks for the input guys. I think we're going to show up later on Friday, slightly before open on Saturday and head straight to the bar, and get there early on Sunday for Sunset bottles if we can't grab any on Friday or Saturday.

OakvilleKGB and TNCraftBeer like this.
  25. HarbaughsGrit

HarbaughsGrit Initiate (42) Sep 9, 2017 California

26. bread_c

Trader

27. rmpic82

rmpic82 Zealot (516) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

Saturday @ the Brewery...I'm gonna need some help.

28. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (786) Sep 15, 2010 Alaska
    Society Trader

Ooooooooh ooooooooh pick me pick me!

rmpic82 and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  29. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (2,931) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

sounds like you’re thinking of TG’s Term-Oil...BBT was originally a draft-only base BA stout for the Maplewood coffee crawl. then it was used as the name for the 2017 to-go no adjunct BA stout release (Thanksgiving 2017). the only “goal” that was made clear at that time was that they were going to release a no adjunct BA stout every year during Thanksgiving weekend. i don’t recall any statements about having a BA stout available on-site at all times. i will say though that between various Vibes drafts, on-site Derivations and BA barleywines, and Längst they’ve done a pretty swell job of having a stronger option available at all times.

30. jeevo

If anyone wanted to split bottles with me at the Side Project brewery location, shoot me a message. I’ll be there Friday at open.

31. mgundy32

mgundy32 Aspirant (270) Aug 21, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

32. Timx0r

Timx0r Initiate (82) Feb 2, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

If anyone is there on Wednesday and wants to split a bottle please let me know!

Bringing some goodies from Milwaukee to share as well.

33. OakvilleKGB

OakvilleKGB Initiate (92) Dec 3, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Just FYI, they do have rights in the Cellar parking lot for consumption so it is illegal to have any open containers. I would also highly advise against bringing anything inside since they are a business trying to sell their own products and it will be packed already.

rmpic82, Ericstl6, MattOC and 3 others like this.
  34. Timx0r

Trader

Good to know. Thank you!

35. narddawg314

narddawg314 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2015 Missouri
    Deactivated

they don't discourage sharing, but being busy they will probably charge you a corking fee. Call ahead and ask to get the details. i've definitely shared inside the cellar before.

36. Timx0r

Trader

Out of towner so sorry for any mistakes.

I wasn't sure how the lines outside worked, if sharing was allowed or not. I should have asked in a different way. (Was bringing stuff just in case)

Wasn't going to bring or drink anything from outside inside the cellar.

Was just trying to see if anyone wanted to go in in a bottle on site with me.

Sorry for any confusion. I've only been to the cellar once for the anniversary week while I was in town.

Ericstl6 and OakvilleKGB like this.
  37. Sabtos

Society Trader

If they aren't licensed for BYOB, (that is, if required in MO), it would be unwise to turn around and charge corkage, especially since they invoice for taxes now.

38. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (2,931) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

you can share in the brewery parking lot until open. you cannot share outside the cellar.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  39. Timx0r

Trader

Ok got it now lol. Thank you!

Luscious_Malfoy and OakvilleKGB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.