Side Project / Shared (2019)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by bread_c, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgundy32

mgundy32 Aspirant (270) Aug 21, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Cool meeting you today.

OakvilleKGB and ElmerLovejoy like this.
  2. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (2,772) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

same here! thanks for the pours & conversation!

3. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (154) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

Another year, another incredible anniversary party! It’s hands down the best craft event that I’ve ever been to.

OWK, Derivation 1, Derivation 3, Derivation 7, Derivation 9, Derivation 11, Derivation 13, BA Coco Vibes, 6 Candles, Oude Fermier, Oude La Ruche, Tete B1, Tete V16, Saison Du Fermier Pinot 1, BVC, multiple Monkish beers....

HO
    LEE
    SHIT!!!!

4. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (286) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

How did it work with various bottles/drafts in terms of timing? E.g. were all bottles available throughout day or limited number? Rotating taps?

DrunkyBuddha and OakvilleKGB like this.
  5. TNCraftBeer

Trader

Was 1 stout bottle per person. Stouts were just available in limited quantities at open until they ran out. BA Coco Vibes and 6 candles available on draft at open.

BVC & D7 available on draft once those kicked

6. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (196) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

Love the generosity of all the SP patrons. Had multiple people offer to fill up an empty glass or share their beers yesterday. I am not sure it is like this everywhere, but I have almost weekly encounters like this at SP. I love doing the same and sharing my bottles and having people try stuff they haven't tried. I have met so many great friends at Side Project just from sharing a bottle (or two or three).

Was an absolutely crazy day yesterday!

7. AlexIrigoyen

AlexIrigoyen Initiate (61) Jun 3, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

I've had the same experience at SP. When I first moved to St. Louis I wasn't as familiar with the craft beer scene but went to SP for a beer because I heard it was good. Derivation 9 was just released and I knew vaguely of the Derivation series but was floored by the $50 price tag so my wife and I just got some draft pours instead. Some absolute saint at the bar said we couldn't leave without trying it and poured like 4oz each from his bottle for my wife and I. To this day it's one of the best beers I've ever had and still my favorite Derivation. I haven't hesitated to spend on a stout there since. I look forward to the day I can beer it forward to someone else the way that guy did for us.

8. MLDucky

MLDucky Defender (617) Oct 12, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I have so much fomo from this event. I really want to make an anniversary event. I've been fortunate to make each of the BBT releases and each time, the hospitality is insane. Now it's packed af, but every time we have had people share their bottles,and I've done the same. I've always come away meeting someone new from around the country. Side Project is a unique place with great beer fans, and it's really cool to hear that it's like that at other events they do.

9. BoltTosser

BoltTosser Initiate (53) Jul 25, 2017 California
    Trader

I'm so bummed that I couldn't make it to the anniversary party. I was able to go to both the brewery and the cellar on Friday for the first time ever. Awesome experiences at both places. It was also my first time trying any of the Derivation's. D12 is my favorite beer ever now. I really hope to make it next year for BBT.

26reddevil83 and OakvilleKGB like this.
  10. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

How is BA Coconut Vibes still going on draft?!? i talked to many folks on Sunday who said that was the best beer of the day. to which i would say it’s definitely the best stout i had. Oude Fermier is tough to beat though.

11. OakvilleKGB

OakvilleKGB Initiate (100) Dec 3, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

How are 6 Candles and Saison Du Fermier Pinot Noir Puncheon still going on draft?

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  12. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (105) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

It was one hell of a party. If my liver had the space for it I definitely would have grabbed another pour of SdF PN b1, that was tasting great.

One of my favorite things at the party was that the beer that kicked to get the first on deck beer (D7?) put on tap was A La Table.

13. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

SdF Pinot b1 draft was incredible. A La Table is a great beer for them to have on at all times. refreshing palate cleanser that doesn’t hardly cost you a thing in ABV. great for splitting up stouts or for killing time for a stout to tap (such as waiting for BBT to tap at the cellar anniversary party).

14. masilva48

masilva48 Initiate (95) Sep 30, 2014 California
    Trader

I’m planning to visit SP Cellar on Friday. Does anyone know if Derivation 12 bottles are still available for on-site? The website doesn’t have it on the list but they posted its available on Instagram yesterday. Any locals able to shed some light? Really hoping to try it on Friday if possible. Thanks for any help.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  15. Ericstl6

Ericstl6 Initiate (111) May 26, 2008 Missouri
    Trader

The post yesterday was for the brewery. They'll update The Cellar list online prior to open Thursday. Then again Friday. Check the website for The Cellar that day if you want to know for sure if it is available at open. They keep it updated.

16. masilva48

Trader

Appreciate it, thank you!

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  17. OakvilleKGB

Trader

18. bread_c

Trader

19. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

bread_c and OakvilleKGB like this.
  20. masilva48

Trader

T
    Thanks again for your help. I came to the brewery today and was able to snag a bottle before it sold out. Amazing beer and really cool spot, thanks again!

21. Thrillhouse82

Thrillhouse82 Initiate (152) Sep 14, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

There were a few posts on IG regarding Fuzzy over the past week or so. Does this mean it will be being released soon, or should I not get my hopes up? Thanks!

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  22. leroybrown10

leroybrown10 Poo-Bah (1,523) Jan 26, 2008 Missouri
    Society Trader

They were working on blending so it’s not even bottled yet. Factor in 2 months or more of bottle conditioning, I wouldn’t expect it until the spring.

23. Thrillhouse82

Trader

Yeah, by soon I meant more in the "couple of months" timeframe, as opposed to a year or so from now. Appreciate the info and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for that release.

24. leroybrown10

Society Trader

25. Thrillhouse82

Trader

Is this something you’ve been keeping tabs on throughout the years? That is pretty amazing.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  26. leroybrown10

Society Trader

Mainly the work of @grze if I remember correctly. I claim no credit for it.

27. Thrillhouse82

Trader

You get some street cred in my eyes for bringing it to my attention.

How far in advance would they announce its release? Weeks, days, hours? Would like to make it down there for this one, as it’s a personal favorite.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  28. bread_c

Trader

Last time they announced it just under 2 weeks before the release.

OakvilleKGB and Thrillhouse82 like this.
  29. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (422) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I did some checking on Instagram, but hoping you folks could fill in the blanks.

- Was the limit for Coexpressionalism, also 2 per person like CoexKriek and Sunsets 2017?
    - What was the price/limit on Ambiente?
    - What was the price/limit on Morning Vibes?
    - Lastly, normally pricing/limit on Coffee Shop Vibes? I know limits are usually determined based on turnout, but going off of past releases.

Thanks!

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  30. OakvilleKGB

Trader

According to the spreadsheet referenced above (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c5H4OoBaQKvew0KYBSw62zjCLGx728VAYOsOUYvrxDY/htmlview#gid=0) :
    - Coexpressionalism had No Limit
    - Ambiente was 2pp @ $25 each
    - Morning Vibes was 1pp @ $30
    - Coffee Shop Vibes has always been $20 each and varied from 2pp-6pp

31. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (422) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

32. mgundy32

mgundy32 Aspirant (270) Aug 21, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

The Ambiente and Morning Vibes was allocated 1pp at the Cellar.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  33. OakvilleKGB

Trader

For what it is worth: "2-3 times thru at Brewery"

Beer_Economicus and TNCraftBeer like this.
  34. TNCraftBeer

Trader

Think I’ll drink one of each tonight. Such awesome beers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.