Side Project / Shared (2020)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by bread_c, Jan 1, 2020.

1. yacobove

yacobove Initiate (72) Mar 12, 2015 New York
    Trader

Understood, but believe my “Full Throttle” membership entitles me to a third one

OakvilleKGB and Sabtos like this.
  2. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,386) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

To sum up the last 2 years worth of Mikerphone threads: they mess up everything they touch. It has become one of those running jokes now, but still with a bit of truth due to some questionable practices in the past.

3. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (727) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Bet there's no chicken in the SP collab.

eppie82 likes this.
  4. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,386) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

TL;DR: Side Project has earned my loyalty and my business with this PN11 curb-side pick up, and I will spread the word of how awesome they are to anyone that chats beer with me.

Long version:
    I picked up my Pulling Nails #11 today, and as if I wasn't already a fan enough of Side Project's beer, taprooms and just the overall experience whenever I've visited, today further reinforced my 'fandom' beyond what I expected.

Today, like an idiot, I drove 4.5 hrs from my north Chicago suburb and got to Side Project to pick up my beer at 11 A.M. because.... who the f**k knows??. I've had so much going on, on the home front, that in my mind I convinced myself that curb side pick-ups started at 11. Low and behold, it's at 4PM! I didn't know what I was going to do for 5 hours during the current situation we're in, and also that I wasn't going to be home until closer to 10PM at best.

Earlier in the day I had e-mailed Side Project that I was coming to pick up my orders and that I was going to pick up my beer between 11 and noon. I received a response during my drive sometime that it's actually between 4 and 7 PM. Once I arrived to the parking lot and noticed no one anywhere, I opened my phone and saw that e-mail. I was pretty disheartened and disappointed how I would miss that detail (I was just there for Anabasis b4 a month ago!). So I e-mailed back and thanked them politely, and mentioned that I just realized that once I got to their parking lot after driving all that time.

I was just about to leave when I got another message basically saying how they had no idea I was coming from so far and that I was already there. They said, just come back to the parking lot (because I had already started to leave to try and figure out what to do for 5 hours) and they'll quickly grab the bottles for my three different orders. They didn't want me to wait 5 hours. So I turned around and went back, apologized profusely for throwing a wrench in their standard operating procedure and thanked them immensely for making the exception on short notice. And they were so polite and understanding on top of it all. So after picking up my beer, I drove right back home another 4.5 hours.

Just the willingness of them to make an exception for a guy that clearly fudged it up by not being thorough, being accommodating on short notice and being so polite on top of it all, it just made me very happy to be supporting their brewery and their people. They've won me over completely after this. It might have been a 'small' inconvenience to them in view of some maybe, but to me it meant a lot after all that driving and all.

This isn't news to anyone, but I'm a firm believer that showing support for a brewery is best demonstrated through choosing to spend money on their beer in their taproom(s). So when they open their taproom(s) back up, my wife and I are going to come down for a weekend and my support will be substantial on that visit.

5. swenny916

swenny916 Defender (613) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Society Trader

I haven’t had an experience as memorable as yours, but both pick-ups I’ve made have been perfect. Everyone’s been friendly and they were gracious I emailed ahead to put orders together. It’s been super easy and quick.

6. SaucerfulOfSecrets

SaucerfulOfSecrets Initiate (137) Jul 13, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

they definitely have their curbside down to a science.

Affinity, Bond111 and OakvilleKGB like this.
  7. mgundy32

mgundy32 Aspirant (268) Aug 21, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Awesome story.

No one I've picked up from in town has been smoother. I showed up a month or two ago for a pack of cans (might have been Beaches) and Erica was bringing them out before I even had my phone out to get the order #. They've been awesome despite the tremendous stress I imagine they are all under.

8. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (260) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Not sure if we are allowed to talk about LC beers on here but the blend of the big bottle that was just released to members sounds just perfect for those of us who miss being able to get our hands on Deal With the Devil bottles semi-regularly.

kbergen28, KevSal, Bond111 and 6 others like this.
  9. CypressPaul1

CypressPaul1 Initiate (28) Nov 24, 2019 Georgia
    Trader

It sounds incredible. I believe this is the most expensive beer they’ve ever released togo.

10. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (626) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

So are you chosen ones going to say what it is, or just allude to this awesome mystery beer only the privileged are allowed to know about? I know, the rest of us are mere peasants who should mind our own business...

Seriously though, I am curious now

OakvilleKGB, KevSal, Bond111 and 2 others like this.
  11. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (2,756) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/32319/487759/

OakvilleKGB, KevSal, Bond111 and 7 others like this.
  12. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (104) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

It is - I think the previous most expensive was O.W.K. at $60 (not counting magnums, obviously)

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  13. ewwiccc

ewwiccc Initiate (160) Jan 12, 2016 California
    Trader

14. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (154) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

15. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

i remember really liking this one, although i think it’s a different hop combination this time around.

16. mgundy32

Trader

They were also 12 oz cans last time.

OakvilleKGB and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  17. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

yep, that’s right. good call.

OakvilleKGB and mgundy32 like this.
  18. Spewlander

Spewlander Initiate (100) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Already released to members or just announced?

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  19. mgundy32

Trader

Emails today. Pick ups starting next week.

20. Spewlander

Spewlander Initiate (100) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Thanks. Any indication if it will go to the public as well?

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  21. mgundy32

Trader

According to the email the public releases were as follows:

OLR, none

For Gabe, TBD

22. libeerguy23

libeerguy23 Initiate (123) Feb 19, 2016 New York
    Trader

What's olr

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  23. leroybrown10

leroybrown10 Poo-Bah (1,522) Jan 26, 2008 Missouri
    Society Trader

Oude la Ruche

24. smalony

smalony Initiate (31) Apr 19, 2020 Missouri
    Trader

Catamaran bumped to 6/5 release, per shop update.

OakvilleKGB, mgundy32 and bread_c like this.
  25. davidtarnow

davidtarnow Initiate (102) Mar 19, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Why do they have to keep teasing Coco Vibes?!?!?

I need it!!!!

26. jacincm

jacincm Initiate (81) Mar 29, 2018 Pennsylvania

Coco Vibes and For Gabe in the same month. Good Lord

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  27. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (463) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Text, in-person and now on BA... I just can't get away from you crying about coco vibes.

TNCraftBeer and OakvilleKGB like this.
  28. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (193) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

Not seeing anything about Coco v and Gabe being released in the same month....

mgundy32 and OakvilleKGB like this.
  29. bread_c

Trader

We are going on 2+ months of Coconut Vibes being teased, no reason it couldn't be July!

OakvilleKGB and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  30. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (146) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

No gold wax, no care.

31. CypressPaul1

Trader

Looming DB Anabasis, gold wax mystery, 7 months since the last Derivation release. I need it all!

OakvilleKGB and AlexIrigoyen like this.
  32. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

really just want some content moderator.

33. Ericstl6

Ericstl6 Initiate (111) May 26, 2008 Missouri
    Trader

Really just want to drink on premise with the crew.

34. bread_c

Trader

I can’t agree with that enough. Although I also count you as part of the crew!

35. davidtarnow

davidtarnow Initiate (102) Mar 19, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Cory mentioned this on FB...i think...it won't be ready in 2020...it's going to be Triple Barrel and the last piece of it hasn't been finalized.

Hopefully i paraphrased that accurately.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  36. mgundy32

Trader

Cory's post in response to a question about MJK:

"MJK is still a work in progress. My plan is to triple barrel-age every component of it. I have found some barrels that were already picked for their 3rd age and some for their 2nd. Dont think it will release in 2020, but maybe 2021? I'm a super competitive person and after have triple oak ADWTD I had a new standard to try to achieve - I love Gabe btw..."

37. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (146) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

Have to get ready to regulate those lines again

38. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,061) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

catamaran cans live

OakvilleKGB, smalony and bread_c like this.
  39. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (154) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

Same, brother. Same. Cardinal baseball and hanging at side project are the two things I miss the most with all of this.

40. CypressPaul1

Trader

You’re right about MJK, but DB Anabasis was confirmed by Cory months ago, and something has been bottled, gold waxed and teased multiple times.