Sierra Nevada Summerfest

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by KPlen, May 21, 2020 at 5:21 PM.

1. KPlen

KPlen Initiate (35) Apr 19, 2017 Colorado

Any sightings in the metro yet for SN Summerfest? Called Applejack and they advised they have not been able to order yet.

2. considerbeer

considerbeer Initiate (39) Dec 15, 2016 Colorado

Sierra Nevada's website beerfinder is usually pretty good. It's only showing Summerfest quite a bit north of the Denver Metro area (different distributor/warehouse). I'd imagine that means next week for Denver.

Their distributor here has been known to hold back the new SN seasonal if there's a ton of the previous out in the market. If you're seeing a lot of the 40th Anniversary Ale in the market, that could be a bad sign.

3. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,673) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

LOL, I just saw a pile of the anniversary yesterday. Guess we're in for a wait :stuck_out_tongue:
    With Polestar gone, SN Summerfest might best the best packaged pils that isn't from Bierstadt. At least that we can easily buy in Denver right now. Fingers crossed, hopefully we'll see some fresh Tannenzaepfle and Schoenramer again.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,149) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

I don't think I have had it since I reviewed it aboot 14 years ago. I must revisit.

ManBearPat likes this.
  5. bfields4

bfields4 Zealot (581) Dec 11, 2007 Colorado

I mean Pivo is around on shelves if you're looking for a pils fix.. shoot I'd highly recommend trying (or revisiting) Prima, Trumer (so underrated), Brooklyn pils, or grabbing some Lagunitas Pils or Urquell (love the cans) if you're looking for something a little more Czech.

Bitterbill likes this.
  6. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Initiate (59) Oct 26, 2012 Colorado

When it comes to Pivo, I would check the dates. At least at my local shop, all of its dated January. While not terrible for a pils, I am sure there are fresher options out there.

bfields4 likes this.
  7. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,149) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

Well hell's bells, it's damn good.

ManBearPat and Domingo like this.
  8. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (485) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Prost Pilsner is pretty tasty and available in cans FYI