Sixpoint Beer Purchasing App

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Vizualize, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

That's so awesome man. You definitely have to introduce yourself when you come down. I will be there all day for the release. Fwiw I was brewing at the Angelic from 2000-2003 and they definitely were some of the best times!

We're also going to send out a push/reminder when it goes on sale - just so no one forgets and comes back to find there are none left!

2. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,149) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

@Fahmie25 @RobNewton Are you guys still in for meeting up on Saturday? If so, let me know and we can work out logistics.

3. SCW

@FonyBones @Daveshek28 @Skartski @frozyn @jkane101

In addition to the two new small batch cans, we have some updates on other offerings for sampling and crowlers...the following are confirmed, but there may be more....

Farm to Pint: Roy Farms IPA
    7.0% ABV
    Hazy IPA brewed in Direct Collaboration with one of our hop farmers in Yakima

For the partner brew with Roy Farms we bombed the thing out with Azacca hops — so think a huge blast of tropical flavors all the way.

Recipe note: this is dry-hopped with 50% Azacca Hops 25% Chinook 25% Cascade - all from Roy Farms!

Old Redhooker
    Barleywine aged in Bourbon Barrels
    9.6% ABV

The original Sixpoint barleywine, now aged in Widow Jane Bourbon Barrels for barley wine & mellowed out bourbon character. Full, rich, and beastly.

Recipe note: this beer aged in bourbon barrels for 4 months, then again in stainless steel for 6 months.

Lil' Raspy draft
    Raspberry Berliner Weisse
    4.5% ABV

We had some calls to offer this on draft, so we are bringing it back....the Raspy Sauce will also be available to help cleanse your palate!

cheers

frozyn, Daveshek28, NodEast and 4 others like this.
  4. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (575) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Oh fuck that BW sounds amazing

jkane101, FonyBones and guinness77 like this.
  5. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (1,791) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

Yeah, Widow Jane is the shit.

jkane101, FonyBones and SCW like this.
  6. jkane101

jkane101 Devotee (464) Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey

@Sixpoint you know I’ll be there! Happy to see you rolling out a BW

7. Daveshek28

Daveshek28 Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2015 New York

Hey @Sixpoint I plan ordering the beers and coming by this Saturday. What will the hours be? I live on Long Island so I'm not sure as to what time I'll be out there yet. Thanks.

8. SCW

Hi Dave,

The hours and pick-up window are listed on the app. At the time of purchase, you simply select a 2-hour time window that works for you to come down. We will be open from 10am until 4pm for folks to come by.

Daveshek28 likes this.
  9. canchon

canchon Initiate (47) Jul 7, 2017 New York

Hey @Sixpoint any chance that barleywine gets canned as one of the upcoming releases? Sounds amazing.

10. SCW

There's a possibility of that for sure, but for now, we plan on offering it as one of our "32 ounce" can releases. :-)

If you were at the first can release in September, you may remember we gave a sneak preview of some upcoming beers and offered other crowlers as well...

@jkane101 @SeanEDPBK @jrnyc

[​IMG]

11. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

Think im going to try to make it if you want to figure out timing etc.

12. SCW

@jrnyc @BoardwalkBock @NodEast @frozyn @canchon

Just confirmed with the brewing team right now - the BA Barley Wine will be available in 32 ounce crowlers, as will the Lil Raspy and Roy Farms F2P IPA. We are going to fill those on Friday.

Also, the cans for Smoothie and Galacto just arrived, will prepare to fill tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FatBoyGotSwagger and jkane101 like this.
  13. frozyn

frozyn Defender (647) May 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

32 ounces of that Barleywine seems a surefire way to ensure SC beats the Irish and to get some sound sleep Saturday night, so I'm in. I've got a long to-do list, so I'll probably be there on the early side to get some good beer in me to make the rest of the day more enjoyable.

jkane101 and algebeeric_topology like this.
  14. SCW

@jkane101

fwiw, we are standing by here and on other channels if you experience any issues - you may reach out directly with a message, cheers

jkane101 likes this.
  15. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (360) Jun 25, 2016 New York

Didn’t get a push notification, but was able to snag a 6 pack regardless. Looking forward to picking up a crowler of that Barleywine!

16. jrnyc

Trader

I got conflicting messages when I ordered. One was success and another was something along the lines of "uh-oh - timed out". In between these messages I didnt do anything. I did receive a confirmation email though.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  17. FonyBones

FonyBones Initiate (29) Dec 19, 2015 New York

Got my order in without any issues.

A crawler of that Barleywine sounds both delicious and dangerous.

See you fools Saturday.

P.S. No biggie, but I'd suggest adding the pick-up time slot to the confirmation email.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  18. SCW

In our office about half of the staff got a push notification. We are looking into the disbursement but the data is delayed by two hours as per push notification rules.

As long as you have email receipt, you'll be good to go. If you took any screenshots of that, send them my way via email and I'll have the tech team look into that right away.

jrnyc likes this.
  19. FlamingMoe

FlamingMoe Initiate (115) Jun 21, 2008 New York

Got the push notification. Purchased my beer smoothly. Got a confirmation email. Can't wait to try that barleywine as well! Love that I can work the trip to the brewery around my own schedule Saturday and know I'll be guaranteed beer.

SCW likes this.
  20. frozyn

Society Trader

Well, that was stupid simple. @Sixpoint, see you guys sometime between 12 and 2.

SCW likes this.
  21. SCW

Right on. We are going to review this round's release with the tech team later and I will suggest that addition for the next round.

awesome, glad everything worked out well for you and looking forward to seeing you Saturday

let me know when you arrive - we can do a hang

frozyn likes this.
  22. jkane101

jkane101 Devotee (464) Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey

@Sixpoint Was stuck in a meeting but managed to grab the last sixer of Smoothie & a six of Galacto! Catch you all on Saturday

SCW likes this.
  23. frozyn

Society Trader

Will send you a DM here after I arrive, but finding you in person should be pretty easy -- you'll be the guy running around making sure everyone is having a great time, right? :wink: I'll have my ratty 11 year old USC hat on, so I should be fairly easy to spot out.

SCW likes this.
  24. joe16siny

joe16siny Initiate (89) Nov 3, 2015 New York
    Trader

How do i save my cc info so i dont have to enter it again ?

SCW likes this.
  25. SCW

Yup, I saw your order go through right at the tail end....you snuck it in right at the last minute!

I also will have a hat on - my wool Pendleton! should be easy to spot

the cc info is automatically saved on your account - no need to enter it again on the next purchase!

however, we added a feature on 4.0 that allows you to actually switch credit cards if you'd like to use a different card....cheers

26. BoardwalkBock

Got stuck in a meeting and never got my order in on time. Oh well, this one is definitely on me. Bummed but it happens! I'll definitely plan better for the next release.

Did appreciate the notice from the App when they went on sale. Must say I'm impressed so far.

27. SCW

Send us a private message right now. We hold back a very limited amount of reserves for special customer service issues like these. I am pretty sure as of this morning there might be some reserve but you will want to contact me ASAP to make sure. thanks

BoardwalkBock and NickCaff like this.
  28. jrnyc

Trader

I will be there tomorrow probably from about 12:30 or so for awhile if anyone wants to say hello. Will be wearing a grey and white Firestone Walker hat.

frozyn likes this.
  29. SCW

Some folks have been asking us to show you what the liquid looks like (instead of just the cans)....

Here's a view of the two releases, looking forward to hearing your feedback on them tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2Xmd likes this.
  30. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

@Sixpoint how would you recommend getting to the brewery from the Upper East Side? Looks like a beast of a trip on google maps.

31. SCW

For you an excellent (and free!) option is to just take the RED HOOK express. This is a free water taxi that leaves from South Street Seaport and drops you off only 1.5 blocks from Sixpoint Brewery!

You'd have to get from the UES to SSS, but that's quite easy.

[​IMG]

rozzom and Coldbeernicus like this.
  32. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

Oh wow, thank you. That makes my life a whole heck of a lot easier. I've been living here for years and never knew about that free water taxi.

rozzom likes this.
  33. BoardwalkBock

@Sixpoint your team hooked me up this afternoon. I appreciate the hell out of it! Customer service through the roof.

See you guys tomorrow.

jrnyc and HeyLady like this.
  34. dhaakon

dhaakon Initiate (145) May 30, 2005 New York

@Sixpoint 1/3 business owner 1/3 brewer 1/3 google maps

35. dhaakon

dhaakon Initiate (145) May 30, 2005 New York

also, sad i'm missing the release but thanks for hooking it up last release with some raspy sauce. Great addition to the beer and just as good on some toast+potato pancake+fried egg.

36. canchon

canchon Initiate (47) Jul 7, 2017 New York

Great release again Sixpoint. Rolled in, no line, not crowded, sampled some beer and picked up crowlers of Raspy and Redhooker.

Please can/bottle that barleywine. Amazing.

Look forward to the next one.

SCW, frozyn, jrnyc and 1 other person like this.
  37. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (100) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

I unfortunately got held up by a friend and won't able to make it until about 4:30, I assume you guys will be closed then, so am I just up shit's creek?

38. EnthusedAboutBeer

EnthusedAboutBeer Zealot (568) May 13, 2013 New Jersey

@Sixpoint Any plans for a tasting room open on a regular basis (or at least extended hours on release days)? I work most Saturdays so it’s tough for me to get there before you guys close at 4pm

Megamanmmx likes this.
  39. jrnyc

Trader

Awesome time at Sixpoint today. Awesome courtyard and weather. Great beer and food and superior customer service!! Get ready, next release will be awesome

Great hanging out withTyler too!

frozyn and SCW like this.
  40. SCW

We are starting the clean-up process right now. If you leave right away I can make sure you can get your beers. Let me know if you are heading down.

Yes, once the tasting room is open there will be wider, more extended hours. For now, we have to limit ourselves to the pickup windows. If its impossible for you to get here during the Saturday hours, please send us a PM to see if we can arrange an alternative time.

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.