Sixpoint Beer Purchasing App

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Vizualize, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozyn

frozyn Defender (648) May 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

You too John!

Gotta echo his comments — November is going to be amazing. Many thanks to @Sixpoint for the preview and a great afternoon with good people and good beer.

jrnyc and SCW like this.
  2. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

@BoardwalkBock @canchon @HeyLady @jrnyc @jkane101

wait, what's so special about the November release?

canchon, frozyn and jrnyc like this.
  3. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (101) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

Managed to get there in time, thanks for everything!

frozyn, jrnyc and SCW like this.
  4. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (576) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Absolutely seamless experience today. Showed up around 11am, had a taster of the BW, Lil Raspy and the Roy Farms IPA - All fantastic. Grabbed my case of beer and was on my way. The staff was super friendly and the courtyard was awesome considering the weather today. Look forward to many more great experiences here.

Also, the fact that the SP team hooked me up with 2 packs of each beer after the window of sale was stellar.

jrnyc likes this.
  5. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,160) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Take train next release and spend time eating, drinking and hanging out without worrying about driving if you can.

6. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (362) Jun 25, 2016 New York

Had a great time picking up my cans this afternoon! Got to taste the Barleywine before purchasing too which was nice. Has anyone tried their smoothie cans yet? Unfortunately mine look nothing like what I’ve seen posted nor do they taste like the sample I had weeks ago...

7. BoardwalkBock

I definitely wanted to do that but a charity org I'm a part of Mustaches for Kids LI Chapter, had an event at Barrier today (it was awesome). We grow mustaches to raise money for families of children with pediatric cancer who are being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

SCW, guinness77, frozyn and 1 other person like this.
  8. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,160) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Good on you!!!

9. SCW

These are two different batches. The one we had at the first can release was draft only production at the brewery, but we did manage to fill a small amount of crowlers from that release for customers who came by. Since this was a month ago, almost all of that supply should be completely out by now, but there may be a stray keg floating around somewhere....

The canned version release from today was the 2nd batch, which included some honey malt in the recipe to help round out the body and balance the perceived bitterness. This was canned on Thursday. On the first batch, some folks remarked that they were not expecting the bitterness to be there, but I personally liked it. IMHO bitterness should not be eliminated entirely from beer, but dialing it back on certain styles is of course appropriate.

We managed to save a crowler from the first batch released in September, and poured it alongside the 2nd batch that was released in cans today. This photo was taken just a few hours ago. As you can see it is a shade darker in color but the difference is not tremendous.

cheers

[​IMG]

icfpny likes this.
  10. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (362) Jun 25, 2016 New York

@Sixpoint got it, thanks for the side by side!

11. jkane101

jkane101 Devotee (464) Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey

#411 jkane101, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    SCW likes this.
  12. SCW

Ooooooooooh that would be nice.

Perhaps a nice hot bowl of chili to go with that and keep the theme?

[​IMG]

Hope you had fun at the release today - I must have missed you, figured you would stop in early as usual!

cheers

13. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

have you guys announced yet which Saturday will be the next release? usually tough for me to stop by on weekends, but looks like I really need to one of these days.

14. SCW

We have it planned for November 18th. Hoping to have the full details for you and everyone next week.

jkane101 and icfpny like this.
  15. BoardwalkBock

Both beers from yesterdays release are delicious. Glad I made it out and extra thanks to @Sixpoint for hooking it up after I missed the purchase window.

16. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

This answer may have been covered, so apologies if redundant, but I am going to be on the west coast during the pickup window... can my GF proxy on me behalf? I know she won't get on the app to purchase, but if I buy under my billing info, can I use her name for pickup?

17. MosaicDrops

Nada?

18. joe16siny

joe16siny Initiate (62) Nov 3, 2015 New York
    Trader

Check the app you can get your beer on11/20 or 11/27 from 4pm -7pm.

19. MosaicDrops

Thanks. Awesome that they have multiple pickup windows. Figured it was only one day

20. SCW

@joe16siny is right - we launched version 4.1 of the app a few days ago, so you should install that update if you have not already - it will not only allow you to switch your pickup window, it also allows you to select an alternative date if you cannot make it out on that designated Saturday

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.