Sixpoint Beer Purchasing App

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Vizualize, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

That's an awesome idea! I'd have to check in with our tech/development team to see if we can integrate that in just a week's time - the iTunes store is notoriously slow in getting apps approved and we want to make sure there are no delays for the 2nd release.

Also, do they even allow animated gifs for tabs? Will have to see if we can program our way around this one.

TongoRad likes this.
  2. canchon

canchon Initiate (47) Jul 7, 2017 New York

Wanted to say kudos on the live beer counter...I checked the app today and saw how much was left and knew I had some time before I had to push the "buy" button. Great work.

Purchasing was pretty seamless too. And I for one like that it's a six pack and not four 16 oz cans (I'll duck and cover for reopening *that* can of worms...)

jkane101, SeanEDPBK and SCW like this.
  3. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,853) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Hi Shane, I did understand the context in which you were making those claims, so I didn't have any problem with them. Maybe being around at the time and remembering what went on with Park Slope helped clarify your points in my mind.

As far as getting down there goes, man, you're a couple of years too late for me, unfortunately. I worked right in your neighborhood from 2011 to late 2015. It could have been really cool to BS over a beer or two about the good, bad and indifferent about the beer biz, then and now. These days the timing seems to be a lot trickier.

Congrats on a seemingly successful inaugural run. Here's hoping that the delivery goes smoothly, and things get bigger and better from here on out. Until then, maybe someday for me. And Cheers!

4. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,149) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

I guarantee there will still be people lined up before open :slight_smile:! Unless this app has attracted the anti-line crowd!

5. SCW

@SeanEDPBK

We're already working hard to ensure that our 2nd can release is even more seamless. We're going to be dialing in a lot of the features for the full app once we take it out of beta version. We already got some good feedback from @emannths and others.

And yes, I think people are going to see the clear value in the 6-packs of 12 ounce sleek cans vs. the 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. As mentioned before, we did the 16 oz. cans long before they became the flavor-du-jour, but now the herd mentality has almost every new supplier doing this, and there's really no point of differentiation. Like the taproom, its become a cliché.

If you can get 6 items instead of 4 for the same price, it creates way more value. You get 50% more units, and those can be sampling sessions for yourself, used to trade beers with others, or shared with friends, etc. Of course, there are more ounces as well (72 ounces vs 64 ounces of beer). You get that though - I'm preaching to the choir.

Well, we cannot take responsibility for people's irrational behavior. Perhaps they've been trained that they must participate in an inefficient process to get what they are looking for? :grin:

Seriously though, getting in line before we open will not increase or decrease your chances of getting the beer, everyone who actually bought the beer with the app will get their allotment. So as long as you come at your convenience during the listed hours, we will have your beer for you.

cheers

SeanEDPBK and EnthusedAboutBeer like this.
  6. dhaakon

dhaakon Initiate (145) May 30, 2005 New York

Any chance raspy sauce is on sale?

7. SCW

as a standalone item, or for those who bought the Raspy?

8. dhaakon

both? maybe not just those who bought the full allotment.

kthoag and canchon like this.
  9. SCW

will check in with our team this afternoon and see what our inventory is like on the sauce....

10. Vizualize

Vizualize Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 New York

App issue resolved
    App issue resolved! Thanks for the solid customer service. Looking forward to making it out Saturday!

SCW likes this.
  11. PapasDelicateCondition

PapasDelicateCondition Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2016 New York

The main flaw I see here is that if there is no consumption on site, one has no incentive to go on Saturday if they didn't purchase with the app. If Sixpoint makes a taproom out of the spot, I could see this working out much better.

xmattxyzx likes this.
  12. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (575) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Well based on my understanding is there is no reason for people to go there if they didnt purchase with the App bc they fully expect the demand to outweigh supply. Thats the whole point - to avoid people lining up. If all the beer is sold out prior to Saturday there is no incentive to go and wait it out.

SCW likes this.
  13. SCW

@kthoag @canchon

Good news. We will have a few extra bottles of the Raspy Sauce available at the brewery for pickup. And yes, its good for things beyond beer...I've been known to put it on my scrambled eggs at breakfast. :-) I also could see spreading a little bit of it on some hot buttered toast....Just please send us a PM asap if you are planning on coming by - want to make sure we have it for you. cheers

@xmattxyzx Sir, that is not true, but please let us explain why. The reason why is the tap room is already under construction, so the initial retail component of picking up small-batch cans is the first phase of our retail experience, and the tap room will be the second phase. But they will be integrated together....those who purchased the first wave of cans during our inaugural release will not be forgotten and also will be rewarded as time goes on - both with future can releases and special access in the tap room. That is why there is actually extra incentive to join in on these can releases and purchase them through the app. We are going to increase the frequency of these releases and also the diversity of offerings as time goes on. I'm assuming you already heard about the Smoothie release in October? We actually have another surprise coming in October and a BIG SURPRISE in November....can't wait!

You sir, get a gold star. We wanted to exactly match the amount of customers with the amount of inventory we had for sale. By selling a specific quantity in advance through the app, we can eliminate the inconvenience of long waits, but we can also eliminate the possibility that someone may wait in line for hours, only to end up getting nothing.

We really appreciate the folks who are helping to make this inaugural release a success. We can't wait to make history with you this Saturday down in Red Hook, Brooklyn at our original brewery that has been cranking out craft beers since 2004. Right now the only thing we are hoping for is good weather! cheers

JackHorzempa likes this.
  14. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (360) Jun 25, 2016 New York

Hey @Sixpoint, Just filled out the survey emailed to me and i have a couple questions:
    1. Are there push notifications to let me know when beers are going on sale from the app? I almost missed out on cans because I forgot. I'd like to avoid that in the future.
    2. What am I supposed to bring to pick up beer? What has to match my order?
    3. Whats with the 2 hour pick up windows? If I show up $10 minutes after the window will I be denied? Or an earlier window?

15. SCW

1. Yes, there absolutely will be push notifications in the future. As a matter of fact, this will most likely be implemented in time for our October release, which will be The Smoothie plus one special new beer.

2. You really don't have to bring anything other than your ID. We have a full record of those who purchased, and what they purchased.

3. Its not a strict window, it just helps us better plan traffic flow. There are no penalties for showing up early or late, but as mentioned, it will give us an idea of how to staff things during peak hours. The goal here is to reduce your wait time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jrnyc

Trader

Where do you get 2 hour window from ? It has been stated window is from 10am to 4pm.

17. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (127) Jun 8, 2016 New York

During the purchase in the app it asked you to specify a two hour pickup window.

SCW and jrnyc like this.
  18. joe16siny

joe16siny Initiate (89) Nov 3, 2015 New York
    Trader

I would def like a raspy sauce i purchased 3 pks. didn't realize i could get a mix case to get sauce.

SCW likes this.
  19. SCW

Send us a PM and we can help arrange that.

20. dhaakon

@Sixpoint Cheers for hooking it up with the raspy sauce. also the art looks sick! good taste.

21. PapasDelicateCondition

Yeah, that's what I said. There's no incentive to go Saturday if you got locked out of the app sale.

22. SCW

did you get locked out, or just choose not to participate? there is a big difference between the two - if you attempted to purchase but for some reason could not, send us a PM right away describing your issue so we can help you out

thanks

23. NewmansOwn

For those interested in color. I'm glad this ones not a juice bomb

TongoRad likes this.
  24. SCW

@TongoRad part of that is the saturation due to the quality of light at this time of year, the beer is actually lighter in color than that....

here's a better look at it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

besides, there is plenty of time for the hazy stuff later - like in October when the Smoothie drops...

dat Raspy tho? ever seen a beer with a pink head on it?

#224 SCW, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  25. joe16siny

Trader

I would but i can't figure out HOW to sent a pm here.

26. makalarch

makalarch Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Click on the SIxpoint name under their avatar. A window should pop up and one of the options should say "Start a Conversation".
    Cheers!

SCW and joe16siny like this.
  27. frozyn

frozyn Defender (647) May 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Missed the window to purchase while abroad for a wedding, but this seems like a step in a better direction for buying beer directly from a brewery. Will be interested to watch the kinks work out (such as how beer is physically given to customers tomorrow) and see how @Sixpoint do with this method. With Threes already having a similar process, it would be a wonder to see additional NYC breweries do something like this so you could plan a monthly/quarterly buying spree for all your drinking needs -- whole new meaning for brewery crawl.

28. joe16siny

Trader

I saw that but didn't realize its was for PM. Thanks

29. SCW

@TongoRad @RobNewton @jkane101 @dhaakon @joe16siny

just cracked open a can of the Raspy with the crew in the office.....yup, it has a pinkish head on it!

[​IMG]

30. algebeeric_topology

algebeeric_topology Zealot (511) Dec 30, 2014 New York
    Trader

Is that an office or a dorm?

31. SCW

"Dorm" coming from the Latin word "to sleep" - so yes, it does function as a dorm for me sometimes! Lot of late nights at the brewery going all the way back to 2004....

[​IMG]

TongoRad and DEdesings57 like this.
  32. PapasDelicateCondition

The condescension in this thread is out of control.

con·de·scen·sion
    ˌkändəˈsen(t)SH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. an attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain.
      "a tone of condescension"

33. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,847) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

I would describe it as a "pinkish hue"*.

Cheers!

*That is for your Seinfeld fans out there!:slight_smile:

TheGent, peej, beertrip and 2 others like this.
  34. mcshk

mcshk Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2017 New York

SCW and jrnyc like this.
  35. NewmansOwn

Really happy with the experience today! Picked up some cans, got to try some free beer, including Smoothie and the merch/ murals are looking pretty cool. That being said, as I was leaving I saw this:

Very disappointing Sixpoint, I won't be back until my name is on the wall!

jrnyc, SCW, frozyn and 6 others like this.
  36. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (127) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Cheers to the whole crew and especially Shane for representing the brand and the tasty beer they're brewing- being able to roll up, get your cans, enjoy some tasty food and suds accompanied by good music and people really should change everyone's expectations of what kind of service craft brewers can deliver.

SCW, jkane101, rozzom and 1 other person like this.
  37. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

i was mildly interested in these beers, largely because I had lil raspy a couple years ago on tap and enjoyed it. Sixpoints absolutely outlandish claims and just general responses in this thread have turned me off from ever buying their beers again.

38. Vizualize

Vizualize Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 New York

It was awesome to finally make it out to the brewery! Everyone there was SO nice! I think like 10 people greeted me as I walked in. I got a case of the lil raspy and got the sauce. Lil Raspy + the Raspy Sauce is a goddamn treat! The IPA is so crisp and drinkable too. Great stuff all around!

39. jrnyc

Trader

Awesome event at Sixpoint today. Loved the outdoor space, staff was very friendly, the beer was great, the empanadas were awesome and Shane was super accommodating. Thanks Shane for going above and beyond! I had an absolute blast today!

SCW, jkane101, rozzom and 2 others like this.
  40. jrnyc

Trader

I didn't buy the Raspy, but Shane was nice enough to share it with some Raspy sauce, not my favorite style of beer going in, but I loved it, so good.

SCW and SeanEDPBK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.