Sixpoint Jammer 15 packs

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by jrnyc, Apr 4, 2019.

1. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,091) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

2. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,946) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

@SixpointMikey, were these Jammer beers brewed in Parkesburg?

Cheers!

3. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (244) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm definitely in, I love Jammer and beers like it and am looking for flavorful low ABV beers, this is perfect.

CrimeDog and jrnyc like this.
  4. egrandfield

egrandfield Aspirant (250) Mar 19, 2018 Massachusetts
    Trader

Citrus is where it's at. Can't wait to crush one of these boxes on the beach this summer.

CrimeDog likes this.
  5. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Crusader (712) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

:heart_eyes:I will drive into SC for this.

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  6. HopsAreDaMan

HopsAreDaMan Defender (663) Jul 28, 2015 Missouri
    Society

I am with you, and they brew some great stuff. I wish they distributed to MO. :slight_frown:

CrimeDog and ESHBG like this.
  7. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (700) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

I’m in.

I love the regular jammer

I passed by golden road cart beers 15 pack I might go back for it.

Melon cart
    Mango cart
    Pineapple cart

$12.99, could be another good summer beer if it ever warms up.

Enjoy

CrimeDog likes this.
  8. MJS08

MJS08 Aspirant (295) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

Think It'll be under $20? Too much curiosity to pass.

9. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,682) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

That needs to be in a pop top box and you just dump ice in it. If it is in Houston before we head to Florida, a couple of those are going with me

readyski likes this.
  10. Hoos78

Hoos78 Aspirant (243) Mar 3, 2015 Ohio

Bulk purchase for summer. Bought a case of Citrus Jammer last yea, but this variety sounds interesting.

11. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Meyvn (1,235) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania

Holy fucking shit. That is all.

12. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,746) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

TTB COLAs, all approved in Feb. '19, all say "MEMPHIS, TN". In theory, they could get TTB permission to "use up" the pre-printed cans with the wrong city. Are these the standard Sixpoint "slim line" can? (Looks like it from the pic). Can they run them on Victory's canning line w/o costly change-over and downtime?

13. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,078) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Still cant get them in Memphis either...

14. JackHorzempa

Society

Maybe @SixpointMikey who I tagged above knows this answer.

Cheers!

15. jesskidden

Society

Well, yeah - but you know how Sixpoint's reps here in the BA forums over the years have often been, uh... "reluctant" ... to discuss that topic... :wink:

pjeagles, tzieser and Ranbot like this.
  16. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,029) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

This.

The silence is deafening whenever this subject is brought up. I wonder if they just really hate Tennesee that much? My eyeballs roll right out of my fucking head whenever they promote their 'Brooklyn street cred' on their packaging/promos :laughing:

denver10, ecpho, Ranbot and 1 other person like this.
  17. jesskidden

Society

Not sure it's an anti-Tennesee thing, as such - maybe just goes against that scrappy Brooklynite hipster image to be brewing in a massive brewing factory built by Schlitz:
    [​IMG]
    (Brooklyn might still be bitter about Schlitz moving out of town around the same time as they opened Memphis?).

To the departed Shane's credit - he did start noting it on their labels.
    [​IMG]

18. Ranbot

Ranbot Champion (855) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

I think I'll still buy more of The Crisp than anything else from Sixpoint.

Personally, I find fruited goses are interesting to have once, but I rarely feel any urge to have them again. A regular gose, like Jammer, I might return to, but the fruited ones always feel very interchangeable to me. Many don't taste much different to me than seltzer water + juice...particularly the lemon/lime goses. I actually do enjoy and drink seltzer water regularly, but I don't pay craft beer prices for it. YRMV, of course.

I noticed that too.

Personally I really like the slim cans and hope they keep them. They stand-out on the beer shelf, but are somewhat incognito in public because at a glance they look like an energy drink. I would think the former would be more important to brewery sales than the latter.

I play in an adult softball league in the summer and most fields we play on do not allow alcohol- technically... I have never seen the rules enforced, so you probably have to be blatant and obnoxiously drunk to get in trouble... but still, if I choose crack a beer I am a little more comfortable if it's a Sixpoint can.

HopsAreDaMan and drtth like this.
  19. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,589) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Also, according to their website, regular Jammer is going to be added to their year round lineup.

jrnyc and FatBoyGotSwagger like this.
  20. deadwolfbones

deadwolfbones Initiate (94) Jun 21, 2014 Oregon

These are pretty gross, IME.

BeastOfTheNortheast likes this.
  21. Giantspace

That’s why I passed. Was not sure about them. Price was right though.

Maybe I will buy a single first.

Jammer claims real fruit, golden road I can’t find that info

Enjoy

22. jesskidden

Society

The TTB Ruling 2015-1 on the use of the new allowable ingredients state that if they only name a fruit or spice, etc, it's got to be (for Mango, for example):
    Exempt Ingredients and Processes Determined to be
    Traditional Under TTB Ruling 2015–1

Otherwise it has to be labeled in more specific manner, as described in the examples in ATTACHMENT #2

23. Giantspace

If understand your post

you are saying if it’s called Mango XXX and does not say anything about where that flavor comes from it needs to be whole fruit, purée, juice or concentrate. If it is made with extract, syrup, or some artificial flavor it needs to say that on the package.

I take that to mean the Golden Road beers are made with real fruit.

Thanks

Enjoy

24. ecpho

ecpho Aspirant (242) Mar 28, 2011 New York

Are these beers or fruited hard sodas?

BeastOfTheNortheast likes this.
  25. Hoos78

Hoos78 Aspirant (243) Mar 3, 2015 Ohio

Jammer is a legit Gose and the others are just variants. If you consider all fruited beers “sodas”, then I guess you have your answer.

26. Cibsie

Cibsie Initiate (165) Jan 10, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Hopefully Resin 15 packs are next!

27. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,150) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Sure I'll bite, Summer's coming on.

28. mambossa

mambossa Disciple (328) Jun 30, 2015 Ohio
    Society

Only reason I’ll bite is because OG Jammer is super palatable, enjoyable, and one of the few accessible beers under 4.5%. I’ll take the risk on the variants, just cause I can afford to slam em if I don’t particularly like them.

29. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (310) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

This is the type of innovation I like to see, and is all too uncommon these days. I am used to seeing things that are actually worse for us (6x12oz bottles traded in for 4x16oz cans at a higher price, for example).

If this can slide in at $19.99 on the shelf, I'll be delighted personally, assuming I can find it of course.

AirBob likes this.
  30. rotsaruch

rotsaruch Aspirant (273) Jun 18, 2002 Pennsylvania

Jack, it's my understanding that modifications have been made to Victory's Parkersburg canning line to allow it to produce the Sixpoint slim-line style cans. I further understand that they have brewed Sixpoint flagship beers in various test batches and have started to brew larger production batches at the Parkersburg facility.

Ranbot, JackHorzempa and hillind like this.
  31. JackHorzempa

Society

Richard, thanks for that update.

Cheers!

@jesskidden

32. zid

zid Meyvn (1,266) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

We've hit upon an even broader definition of the term “innovation” if we can now use it to describe selling partial or total ownership of a brewing company to private equity or a macro and then competing in the 15 pack market. :wink:

33. Prince_Casual

Trader

Wut.

It's a 15pk with 3per, of 5 variants on a seasonal beer.

Remind me who's doing that already?

behnamkkkk likes this.
  34. zid

zid Meyvn (1,266) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I was just playfully kidding... but your post was about packaging size and price. The folks who are competing in the "15 pack at a certain price" space are often owned (fully or partially) by a big brewer (AB InBev, Mahou-San Miguel Group, etc) or have banded together with other brewers and sold to private equity. There are brewers that don't fall into either camp that put these out, but it's not a coincidence that Sixpoint is squeezing those extra three beers in after their sale.

35. ecpho

ecpho Aspirant (242) Mar 28, 2011 New York

What happened to the @jesskidden post re Victory's 15 packs?

36. Prince_Casual

Trader

Oh, I didn't realize that's what you were trying to say, I got you now.

I hope this sells well, I think it's a good idea personally. Anderson Valley could do something similar (although their adjuncts seem to be at seasonally rotated).

AirBob, donspublic and zid like this.
  37. jesskidden

Society

I drank it. Cans and cardboard already recycled = no evidence.

(Plus it didn't fit the poster's "seasonal" beer criteria - so "DELETE POST").:wink:

38. JackHorzempa

Society

There are Victory 15-packs at my local beer retailer.

Cheers!

39. SixpointMikey

SixpointMikey Initiate (34) Jul 8, 2014 New York

Hey all, super excited about this release. Seriously the most excited about any product we've released in years, at least. It's at least 9 months in the making! To recap the questions here:

These were all brewed in Memphis as part of the last ever Sixpoint production run at Blues City. Future Jammer Session Packs will come out of Parkesburg, PA. We have made the alterations at Victory and will continue in the sleek format there!

These are made with real juice and we felt the need to specifically call this out to differentiate from hard sodas and seltzer. That's why the package says "craft beer, real juice..."

Price point should be under 20 bucks for sure.

I've been keeping track internally... would love to hear everyone's OFFICIAL JAMMER RANKING when you get your hands on a pack.

40. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,706) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I was not a fan of Jammer, or Jammer 2.0, though I liked the second one better. It has been a long time since I have had the beer, and I think that the variety here coupled with my desire to stock up on beers exactly like this (low ABV and fruit) for post yard work has convinced me to pull the trigger.

Heck, my wife might even like these.

behnamkkkk and SixpointMikey like this.