Solemn Oath (2020)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Jplachy, May 23, 2020.

1. Jplachy

Jplachy Disciple (399) Feb 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Just wanted to say that SOB's last 2 releases a hazy collaboration with Pipeworks and a redux of their Batch 1 Belgian Pale Ale Oubliette are several fire emojis. Highly recommended.

PhilBallins likes this.
  2. vicodin_tears1

vicodin_tears1 Initiate (57) Jun 22, 2019 Illinois
    Trader

Hashtag fire emoji ex three?

PhilBallins likes this.
  3. Jplachy

Trader

At least.

vicodin_tears1 and PhilBallins like this.
  4. ChangSing

ChangSing Initiate (163) May 5, 2013 Illinois

the collab is surprisingly very good. at first I thought splitting a case was too much...now it's all gone...

Jplachy likes this.
  5. Quilentro

Quilentro Disciple (310) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

What’s with their space in the city?

6. Jplachy

Trader

Wont open until after "all this" blows over.

EDIT: I should say its entirely possible the "slashie" side of the business opens and they do to-go sales.

#6 Jplachy, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Quilentro likes this.
  7. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (320) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

I had no idea they were moving to the city, so I just looked up the location. All these brewpubs popping up in Logan after I move away. Damn it! With all the competition, I think Pipeworks should scratch their Logan brewpub plans and move it just a little further northwest. Pretty please?

dukeandduke likes this.
  8. Jplachy

Trader

They aren't moving to the city. They are opening a taproom in the city.

mbockstruck30 likes this.
  9. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (320) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

That’s what I meant. Used the incorrect word.

Jplachy likes this.
  10. Stl705

Stl705 Initiate (58) Jun 14, 2014 Illinois

Good to hear they will keep the Naperville location.. although that spot isn’t the prettiest, its proximity across the parking lot to 2 fools (my favorite cidery) always makes a visit enticing.

11. ravens_wood

ravens_wood Initiate (51) Dec 21, 2017 Illinois

[​IMG]

12. ravens_wood

ravens_wood Initiate (51) Dec 21, 2017 Illinois

That is a beautiful sight

13. ChangSing

I've looked..but anyone have any insight on the process? Will people just roll up to the bar as normal to order? Are they going to have servers actually working to take orders? Or, get really fancy and have some online/iPad ordering and you get a text telling you when to come get your beers? My understanding here in IL is that the entire purpose of outdoor only seating is so that people are not lingering and standing shoulder to shoulder in a bar. I can't imagine that entire patio being full, and just letting people walk in and out to order on their own. (side note: I heard 2 Fools was a cluster f*ck last weekend, with people just standing around mingling like it was March 20th..I doubt Solemn will allow that.)

14. Jplachy

Trader

They haven't said how it'll "work" I hope that will come in the next couple of hours. Their curbside service evolved almost every week I went to go pick up beer so I would hope that they've used that experience to create a very straightforward patio situation. Hoping to make it over there this weekend. Maybe even this afternoon.

15. ChangSing

I hear ya. I was just curious. I know it's trial by error for most places, and what works at one taproom may not work at another given layout etc. I"m going to try to get there at some point Saturday or Sunday.

16. Stl705

Stl705 Initiate (58) Jun 14, 2014 Illinois

Interesting updates all, JP let us know how it goes, also same for 2 Fools if you peek across the lot at what they may be doing. I’m hoping 2 Fools sets up a spacious patio area and tableside service as well as I love visiting both places when I stop by.

I’m waiting a little longer than others to venture out for patio drinking (post 4th of July is my current internal “go out” date).

A bit back on topic, but I’m excited to try their Lu Kolsch with i believe ginger added? Forget it it was ginger or lemon, i just remember I liked it lol. Regardless, that is one of my favorite summer beers!