Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...

Spokane BAs: Ramblin' Road?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by woemad, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (2,633) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Beer Trader

I still haven't gotten a chance to try anythihg yet from them, but I'm stoked that someone within town is making Belgian-style beers. So, has anyone been able to try enough of their beers to form any kind of consensus? And does anyone know where they can be found right now?

2. whiskey

whiskey Aspirant (272) Feb 25, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I've never heard of them before today. Do they have a tasting room or anything like that?

3. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2010 Washington

I don't think they're really production level yet...

I would ask the Spokane IBU group on Facebook. maybe leedorham has some info.

4. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Disciple (345) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

They poured two beers at Belgianfest; I had a taste of a friend's, so I can't really add much beyond that.

5. NWer

NWer Crusader (708) Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

I had the Sour Strong Ale at Belgianfest. I remember it well.
    You like sour? It was sour as Hell and delicious.

[​IMG]

woemad and devlishdamsel like this.
  6. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2009 Washington

They are going to have a firkin tapped at jones for first friday next month, or so Tom told me.

woemad likes this.
  7. woemad

Beer Trader

Thanks for the responses. Last night I visited Jones and they had RR's Saison on. While it didn't blow me away, it was quite good considering it was coming from a local brewery that had only just recently opened. Looking forward to trying some sours from them.

8. leedorham

leedorham Crusader (701) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

I tried to taste some a while back but the keg had already blown. They look to be pretty limited production so far but are on at a few places now. I'll probably get to try some in the next couple weeks. When the taproom opens it will be right by no-li.

9. whiskey

Beer Trader

Speaking on no li, have you ever seen the comments made on their FB page?

"OMG, you guys brew the best beer in the history of mankind!!!!"

This whole drink local thing just seems to be getting out of hand.

10. leedorham

Meh. They're just Facebook comments. Lots of exaggeration to try and get happy internet points.

I do support local perhaps to a fault sometimes but I am more personally invested in the INW beer scene than most beer fans around here. That's fine by me though. Spokane will be a craft beer destination in the near future if things go the way I hope they do. Stay tuned.

whiskey likes this.
  11. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (285) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

They had a bourbon barrel aged dark belgian ale at Belgianfest that was one of the best beers I had all night. Very impressed.

Lazerlobe likes this.
  12. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (4,737) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

13. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,336) May 12, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

Not surprising - Sweden is very fertile with American wales - the selection of beer in Stockholm (dont worry - you're going to pay through the nose for it), particularly american beer, would really blow your mind if you haven't been there.

NoLi on the other hand - not sure what they're going to do with that? Maybe feed it to the reindeer?

woemad, devlishdamsel and beertunes like this.
  14. devlishdamsel

yeah the born and raised Ipa is IMO a terrible example of an IPA. Id rather drink dish soap.

15. leedorham

At the lantern right now enjoying a barrel aged dubbel. Super tasty. Promising brewery.

whiskey likes this.
  16. leedorham

17. whiskey

Beer Trader

They posted a pic on FB of their Born and Raised Swedish bottle and it had what appeared to be a best buy date of Aug 2014.

I commented and asked if that was a best buy date of 2014, the picture and my comment appear to have been deleted.
    Sorry for the threadjack woemad, just didn't think it deserved it's own thread.

18. SatlyMalty

SatlyMalty Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2012 Washington

I do like the idea of Spokane breweries being drunk in Sweden. I just wish that every time I opened the Inlander I didn't have to see an ad from No Li about how you can't get their beers out of this market.

On topic; I'm really looking forward to tryingsome Ramblin' Road. I've really been enjoying Selkirk Abbey and Iron Goat for solid local choices.

19. devlishdamsel

So i guess the beer this friday at Jones is the Lavender tripple! count me in. Lavender and beer = pure love!!

20. woemad

Beer Trader

<sigh> I'll have to miss that, as I'm having dental work earlier that day, and am pretty sure I won't be up to going out. But at least I'll be having fun! <more sighs>

21. devlishdamsel

Thats the same night as the mug club sign up fyi. Even if you dont drink beer if you plan to renew your membership i would show up! Also they might be able to give you some in a growler for later!

22. woemad

Beer Trader

As a renewing member, I'm taking care of that on Monday night before the start of Jones's trivia. I'll broach the growler idea with Tom then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.