Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Great Britain SpoonsFest 16th Oct - 31st Oct

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Aye, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aye

Aye Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

2. Zimbo

Zimbo Aug 7, 2010 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Your first and only post pretty much sums it up.

3. Hanglow

Hanglow Feb 18, 2012 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Lot of truth in that. Thankfully I walk past one and another is a block off my path from my way home from work, so it's easy for me to dive in and out of them. I'd certainly be interested in trying the american offerings if they do ever make an appearance

4. Aye

There's one near my work but the end of my working day leaves me miles from there so I have to purposefully make the trip.
    Abbot, GK IPA, Ruddles BB, empty stick, coming soon, same dull offering three days straight tends to deter me from visiting. 15 days to sell 50 beers on 3 sticks max. I get the impression that my local either has to extend the period over which they sell the beers ( who is likely to check for fest beers after the end date? ) or doesn't get the whole range in.

5. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

Go in before work. Simples :D

6. Aye

Not even Weatherspoons is open at 06:00. Bosses have an eye out for signs of the drink in fact one of the guys in our office was sent home on Saturday because he was still minging from the previous night. Probably make the job more interesting mind you.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  7. Kirk

Kirk May 16, 2005 United Kingdom (England)
    Beer Trader

I have a spoons by my bus stop, so I will adventure each day to see if anything decent is on from the beginning of the festival :) Normally avoid as the smell of piss and cheap lager is too much to stomach!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe