St. Augustine Recs - Breweries, Shops, Food, etc.

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Jake_Ramrod, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Ramrod

Jake_Ramrod Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2013 Kentucky

Will be there next week for a few days. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sdterp likes this.
  2. Gsteele292

Gsteele292 Initiate (0) May 25, 2016 Florida

Breweries: Bog Brewing on King Street W. of US 1 - a little out of the way, just over a year old and i enjoyed the beers on my only visit there. Old Coast Ales, Just over the Bridge of Lions on the left (E side of Anastasia Blvd) - Brand new brewery, very solid interpretations of styles, if a bit of an english feel with the standard IPA, they also had an ESB on my visit and a good coffee brown ale.

Food: 2 required entries. GAS restaurant right by Old Coast - outstanding food (been there 3 times, exceptional!), good beer list draft and can, and a cool place to boot. The Ice Plant - Attached to the St. Augustine Distillery, the cocktails are excellent and food is above average.

Entertainment: Stogies Cigar Bar, live music and good tap list

Bottle Shop: Broudy's Liquors (there are 2, you want to go to cobblestone village). Let me know if you have any other questions. I live in Jax 45 min away and we have a lot of great breweries up here too!

HossUF likes this.
  3. BKnarr

BKnarr Pundit (870) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

@Gsteele292 touched on pretty much everything I hit when I was there last month. Great stuff. I'll add both Rendezvous and The Social House in historic downtown. Each place has only 6 taps, but both usually well curated. The owners of The Social House run it themselves and are amazing people.

Gsteele292 and The_FishermanJay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.