Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Europe St. Bernardus Abt 12

Discussion in 'Europe' started by TOMHONE, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TOMHONE

Is this beer easily found for purchase in Brussels or is it a restricted supply type of brew? Thank you.

2. jazzyjeff13

Shouldn't be hard to find. Supermarkets might not stock it, but many other shops selling beer will.

3. CoverMePorkins

Beer Trader

It is. Check the supermarkets first such as Carrefoure (sp?). It will be cheaper than buying from the bottle shops in the city as they have a pretty high mark up because of all of the tourists.

4. Brabander

Do not buy this beer in beershops but in a local supermarket. It will cost you about two dollar a bottle max!

5. TOMHONE

Thanks. The 10 is available at Delhaize. Don't know if the 12 version are however.

6. ManforallSaisons

I've bought the 12 in a few groceries, I think a Carrefour, GB and Delhaize, and I've seen it in a Cora. I would imagine that a decent Colruyt would have it, as they're usually good for selection. If you're planning a trip, post back here where you're going to be, and we might be able to narrow down advice.

Bradthoc and a16ert like this.
  7. ManforallSaisons

Sorry for a second post, I also meant to suggest posting in the Benelux forum, too

8. Pero1974

Agree ! I've seen it in many supermarkets already. When in the centre of Brussels, try the Delhaize supermarket right next to the stock exchange building.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe