Steady Habit Brewing

Discussion in 'New England' started by CTJman, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (128) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

fingers crossed. they gotta do one to keep us warm in the cold at some point! I'm def gonna visit soon hopefully. wish they were open sunday I'm running the treehouse 5k. it's like an hour from me so holding out for if I'm ever on way back from there or something big. I'm a stout guy. would def grab the dipa if I'm around. we're real blessed in new england.

CTJman likes this.
  2. CTJman

CTJman Champion (836) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Thinking I'll be there all day tomorrow. Hopefully jon saves me some of that coffee stout!

3. Pahn

Pahn Meyvn (1,473) Dec 2, 2009 New York

DIPA with topaz. fucking love topaz, prominently featured in a couple Stone 1-offs that were great.

4. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (170) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

Anyone else get to Steady Habit yesterday for their collab with Lasting Brass? Lasting Habit DIPA. It's AWESOME. I think it's still on today for fills. Hope they brew this one again. Jon also wrote on his blog that he's brewing Big Bad Bunny again, hoping to have it before Thanksgiving.

dmolz likes this.
  5. pbrian

pbrian Defender (682) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Damn, If I know Ed and Jon were getting together for a brew, I would have went down! <kicking self>

6. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (469) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

picked up a few growlers yesterday... looking forward to opening it. Had a sample there, was really impressed, but the sample was so cold I'm not sure i got the full experience.

7. dmolz

Trader

wabbit season! (daffy duck voice)

8. CTJman

Trader

The collaboration with lasting brass came out pretty dope.

bruindre likes this.
  9. PenningtonNY10

Yeah, Jon always stresses that the beer will drink much better from the growler than as a sample. It's really killer stuff!

10. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (469) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Opened one last night... was really freakin good. Glad I have one more growler of it.

11. Pahn

i had my parents pick some up since i couldn't make it out of the city until this weekend.

tell you what, even after sitting in their fridge for 2 weeks, i can see why jon was so excited about this one. it's a pretty special beer. hops are amazingly aromatic, and i'm loving the malt backbone. definitely looking forward to seeing what lasting brass does.

#331 Pahn, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    NobleJayJesse and CTJman like this.
  12. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (298) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

First visit on Saturday and everything was top notch. Method is a real treat. Thanks for the hospitality and mini-share!

NobleJayJesse, CTJman and Pahn like this.
  13. CTJman

Trader

That Lasting Habit collab with Lasting Brass is back on! If you havent had it - nows the time

Cheers

Pahn likes this.
  14. CTJman

Trader

Not to mention his once Galaxy, now Bogan's - god damn! Its dialed in Nicely

Pahn likes this.
  15. Tine802

Tine802 Aspirant (211) Jun 21, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

I visited Steady Habit for the first time a few weekends ago. Got a growler of Our Daily Bread and had some samples at the brewery. I ended up not being able to drink the growler for a week and a half. Once I was finally able to drink the growler, the beer tasted better than it had at the brewery! Stacked up nicely in comparison to some of the most well regarded New England IPAs. The guy pouring samples seemed like a nice dude as well. I plan on going back the next time I'm in CT.

16. CTJman

Trader

That actually may have been me (or the Jons). I remember talking to a guy from VT? But maybe not. I was last there a few weeks ago. Cheers man

17. Pahn

Yeah, the care they take with their fills shows if you don't get around to drinking your growler right away. I left a growler of DIPA from them unopened in the refrigerator for 3 weeks and it was still world class when i finally drank it.

18. PicoPapa

PicoPapa Poo-Bah (2,784) Mar 6, 2009 Connecticut
    Society

I know in the beginning Steady Habit would open up on days they were closed if you called ahead and they were there. Is this still the case or are they only open during business hours?

19. Pahn

Only business hours. you could try messaging them on facebook or (less likely) here, but i don't think they do it. could probably see if someone following this thread could pick you up things (i would offer, but i live in new york city).

p.s. the mosaic and galaxy IPAs are out of control. like, one of them i would swear had citrus added to it. i know it's all hops, but the flavor/aroma is so strong.

20. PenningtonNY10

Been a few weeks since I've had my Steady Habit fix. Hoping to get down Friday!

NobleJayJesse likes this.
  21. Johnct

Johnct Devotee (454) Jun 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

Hey guys, I've been hearing a lot about Steady Habit, and I'm thinking about driving out to try some. Is it worth a two hour drive?

22. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Disciple (325) Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut

If u love juicy northeast ipas. Yes sir.

SenatorSpaceman, CTJman and Johnct like this.
  23. CTJman

Trader

Where do you live that's 2 hours? Stamford?

Def worth it imo.

24. dmolz

Trader

I was wondering the same @CTJman lol. and in most scenarios, can make a day trip out of it and make it worth it with other spots if there's any self debate of worthiness. we're in a great area for beer.

CTJman likes this.
  25. Pahn

Yeah, Stubborn Beauty worth a look, Eli Cannon's, and the bottle shop next to Steady Habit is nice too.

26. PenningtonNY10

Yeah, it's a great day trip. If you like great pizza, stop at Otto in Chester. Very close to Steady Habit.

27. pbrian

Anyone know what's on tap tomorrow? Website not updated. If I plan my day correctly, I'll be coming up rt 9 so I gotta make sure I throw my Steady habit swing tops in the car...

28. skleice

skleice Aspirant (281) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

They haven't been great at updating their website lately, which is not good. They seem to update FaceBook more.

29. NobleJayJesse

NobleJayJesse Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2015 Connecticut

Most definitely.

Johnct likes this.
  30. NobleJayJesse

NobleJayJesse Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2015 Connecticut

Might head up at lunch for some Bogans if its on. Heard it was fantastic.

31. PenningtonNY10

Yeah no Facebook update either. I suspect they will post the tap list later today or tomorrow morning on Facebook, at the very least.

32. dmolz

Trader

I'd second this and hit krust for pizza and bourbon. great selection if you like. that road is stacked as far as food.

33. Pahn

Agreed on Krust. Good pizza, great whisky, decent beer list.

34. CTJman

Trader

Yup - Coalesce, Behold and Yeah Nah Bro

35. skleice

skleice Aspirant (281) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Coalesce is great!

CTJman likes this.
  36. PenningtonNY10

Ooooh haven't had Coalesce yet! Citra and Nelson? Damn. I'm there!!!

Pahn and CTJman like this.
  37. pbrian

Damn, my plans just solidified to staying up in the Northeast part of the state. Looks like I'll have to settle for some Willibrew growlers.

Pahn and CTJman like this.
  38. CTJman

Trader

Bummer. I haven't had. Coalesce either and Jon said its tasting killer. I'll probably shoot up myself.

39. Pahn

Oooo coalesce probably my favorite of the bunch.

40. pbrian

You guys aren't making me feel any better.

Pahn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.