Stella Artois Recall

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Ray9230, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ray9230

Ray9230 Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2017 New York

Recieved a email about a recall on one of the first beers that got me into craft [​IMG]
    If you love Stella as I once did please avoid the bottles and ask your local beer stores for cans instead

2. jageraholic

jageraholic Disciple (323) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

I dont see where it explains why or what wholesalers need to look for.

HorseheadsHophead and thebeers like this.
  3. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,276) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

4. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,344) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

:astonished:Wait a minute - I don't usually get into the "What is craft beer?" arguments - hey, the Brewers Association has their definition of "Craft Brewer" and though I don't agree with it I accept that's sort of the industry standard - but if Stella Artois (one of the flagship beers of the world's largest brewer) is "craft beer"... well, it really means nothing.

Try the much more informative BREWBOUND article

TabAA and FBarber like this.
  5. MNAle

MNAle Meyvn (1,034) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

It lists the SKUs.

6. Ray9230

When I refer to craft I'm actually refering to quality above anything else but that's just my perspective...was just trying to share information with Stella enthusiast. Not trying to get into Whats craft and What s not, theyre other threads for that..

FarmerTed likes this.
  7. rypkr

rypkr Champion (842) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Stella's beer quality is no better (if not worse) than budweiser or high life, it's just marketed as such.

8. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,108) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Premium Trader

9. Ray9230

I find Stella to taste more refreshing than bud or miller but that's my opinion

FarmerTed likes this.
  10. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (5,310) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

Is Stella Artois all-malt? This webpage doesn't list any adjuncts, and the Budweiser page doesn't hide the rice.

There are some real eye-rollers if you explore those pages, like anyone is pairing food with Bud Light. Also the random attributes they attribute to the Hops, Barley, and Rice that completely change from beer to beer:

Budweiser
    KEY INGREDIENTS
    BARLEY MALT

Lends a complex, BISCUITY SWEETNESS to the beer.

RICE

Provides a CRISPNESS to the beer.

HOPS

The supplest, most AROMATIC HOPS are selected to create the distinctive flavor of Budweiser.

Bud Light
    KEY INGREDIENTS
    HOPS
    A blend of premium US and European hops lend the beer a CLEAN FLAVOR.

BARLEY MALT
    For a SMOOTH TASTE with LOWER CALORIES.

RICE
    Gives the beer its REFRESHING quality.

11. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,344) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

ABInBev's Tap Into Your Beer website list ingredients for most of their major US (domestic and imported) brands but for Stella Artois it says only (and somewhat redundantly):
    :thinking_face:
    Other ABInBev sites note more specifically they use corn or "maize"(European sites) - like this page:

DonicBoom and jmdrpi like this.
  12. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,713) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Well, regardless of the specifics we now know that Stella Artois is brewed using adjuncts (grains beyond barley malt).

Cheers!

@jesskidden

13. MNAle

MNAle Meyvn (1,034) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

Much like the reviews of various beers on this site. All they need to add is "juicy"! :wink:

GoldenWort likes this.
  14. rgordon

rgordon Champion (860) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Are you possibly saying that Stella was your gateway drug into a full blown craft addiction.......? Heineken, Lowenbrau and others "trapped" me.

Squire likes this.