Stone 20th Anniversary IPA Collection

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,137) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

What store?

2. Kkrzesow

Kkrzesow Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2016 Michigan

Glad I don't live in West Michigan. Picked one up in the southern end of the state for $24.99.

3. mwa423

mwa423 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2007 Ohio

I was able to buy one in Northern Kentucky for $23.99, only opened the 20th anniversary so far, was hoping for a bit more but a decent beer and at $6/bomber, I was pleased.

4. StoneBrewing

StoneBrewing Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 California

Could you please give us some details on where you saw this? We believe we may have addressed these concerns but want to make sure no stone (no pun intended) is left unturned.

And for anyone else concerned about pricing, please let us know about it if/where you see this pack being sold for $30 or above. As always, we appreciate you keeping an eye out for us!

-David P, Stone Social Media Coordinator

5. AJmon13

AJmon13 Initiate (0) May 9, 2014 Ohio

Has anyone seen this pack in Ohio? Alternatively, are these being sold as singles outside of Citracado?

6. DaltonC

DaltonC Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2013 Idaho

Had a 1/2 growler of each one. The 15th is no joke, probably one of the best beers I have ever had.

jakecattleco and ABabbidge like this.
  7. DaltonC

No, unless you find each one on tap they are only in the 4 packs.

8. DaltonC

9. DrStiffington

Still haven't seen it in NJ and unfortunately the dude who posted he got it at his store didn't answer my reply where. Anyone else see this?

10. manillaroad

manillaroad Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2016 Florida

11. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

That Bitter Chocolate BBA Stout :grimacing:

12. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

Finally saw these locally, $23-24 and only 1 month left until the Enjoy By date, wish they would have gotten here sooner, had to pass.

13. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

You can drink four beers in a month! DO IT!

Prince_Casual likes this.
  14. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (345) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Costco in Pentagon City had them for 19.99. I guess I'm more of an old school Stone fan (despite being <30). I ranked them straight in order of oldest to newest (recipe wise of course). The Citracado was by far the most "modern stone" tasting, but not my favorite of 4.

I don't know if that's what they were going for, but I dug the whole concept of getting to taste a timeline of Stone IPAs. Very fun. Might buy another 1 or 2 if I'm in the area.

15. BeerCosby

BeerCosby Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2015 Rhode Island

Got this a few weeks ago for $25, then saw it at another store for $24. Was going to get Citracado anyways, but this pack is such a great deal. Really neat getting to try beers that I would have never been able to have any other way. Really enjoying all of the Encore series thus far.

16. manillaroad

[​IMG]

jageraholic and Zoomslowik like this.
  17. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (289) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but are they doing to Box of Bastards again this year?

18. sagescrubber

sagescrubber Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2015 California

They are not.

19. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (104) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

The only areas of Florida that got these were Orlando Area and South Florida...have no idea why it was so limited in Distro..fortunately a good trading partner picked me up a couple 4 Packs in Chicago for 23 a 4 Pack and sent them to me...ridiculously good price at less than 6 a bottle(thank you Stone)...have acquired all The Encore Series Anniversary Beers over the last year and when The Final One hits the shelves this week(14th Anniversary) we are doing a Vertical next weekend of all of them starting with Year 5..hoping in the future they re-release all The Vertical Epics again

20. manillaroad

20th Anniversary (Citracado) was the weakest beer in this pack by far.

jakecattleco likes this.
  21. msscott1973

msscott1973 Devotee (432) Dec 28, 2013 North Carolina

If I wind up agreeing with this, then I just made an excellent purchase, because I very much liked Citracado a month or two when it first came out.

ichorNet likes this.
  22. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 New Jersey

found it for $21 at Bottle King on 23

23. DrStiffington

Thanks, I finally saw it in my area this weekend.

24. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Initiate (179) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Trader

Also just got one and noticed they're 2 months old already. How are they tasting now?

25. Riff

Riff Champion (861) May 12, 2016 Virginia

Just found this last weekend for $26 and picked it up to enjoy Halloween weekend. Looking forwards to it!

26. manillaroad

They seemed fine when I had them. My area didn't get them as soon as some other people did.

27. craigerss02

craigerss02 Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2016 Minnesota

Not trying to stir up the pot too much...but, if Stone's sales are slow, wouldn't you try to get out of warehouse stores that keep your IPAs (some of the best in the f*cking world) on the warm shelf...

28. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Initiate (179) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Trader

Sipping on the 10 right now. Tastes more like an American barleywine than a DIPA. It's really good, reminds me of dry hopped OG.

#108 Hoppedelic, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    DrStiffington likes this.
  29. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

@StoneBrewingCo @StoneGreg

Did or is Maryland going to see these? Did VA or PA get it? Will travel or trade for these, even with the bit of age on them. Our local rep hasn't been very helpful concerning this.

Distributor Release: 08/29/16
    Public Release: 09/12/16

[​IMG]

30. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,286) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

PA has had it for a while....I picked up a pack in the Philly burbs over a month ago.

Eduk8traz likes this.
  31. StoneBrewing

StoneBrewing Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 California

Thanks for reaching out. While these do tend to go pretty fast we'll be happy to try to see if we can point you in the right direction in your area. Shoot us an email with your zipcode and we'll see what we can do to help. email@stonebrewing.com
    -David P

32. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

We have them in Northern VA (for at least a month or so), saw some last night at TW Sterling, $25.

33. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

THANK YOU! This post made it so I was able to get some on Wednesday. Thank you very much! I'd also never been to that Total Wine. It has an interesting layout. I got a lot of great beer. Bought quite a bit more than just the Stone Anniversary IPA Collection. You gotta love VA's distribution.

34. xxfesterxx

xxfesterxx Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 California

I always check out beer selection at my local Costco. To my surprise these were on sale for 7.29 . I bought 8 packs. Only thing i can see they are unloading them is because the best by date on them of mid November. I thought regular price of 19.99 was a good deal. I am in CA

35. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (848) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

So far 20th is my favorite 5th was good , 10th was not good at all. Boozy and sweet and low carbonation. Black IPA is for this weekend. I still have another pack to get through soon. I love these packs they do. The bastardized pack was great too. At $5 and change a bottle im in.

Enjoy

36. joaopmgoncalves

joaopmgoncalves Meyvn (1,401) Dec 17, 2012 Portugal
    Trader

Getting these to Europe would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.