Stone Enjoy By 10.31.19 IPA

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by AZBeerDude72, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Kman_Colorado

Kman_Colorado Initiate (60) Aug 17, 2014 Colorado

I'm glad this series is still around. Not all of the are hits, but I still enjoy them. They also sell out in my part of town. Maybe not day 1, but within a few weeks so I am appreciative of these threads reminding me to go grab some. Using the beer finder and sadly it is not near me yet. Hopefully it will after the GABF drops clear out.

2. Ipaupaweallpa

Ipaupaweallpa Initiate (177) Dec 26, 2014 Alabama

Lots of controversy with stone lately, maybe thats why they said OK, only CA gets this one, since everyone has something bad to say about the 7/4 /19 batch. Luckily, I made it back home, same time as this release and it is delicious! Same peach /citrus flavor that is so bright it covers the abv completely in an almost cool, menthol almost, tropical bite. Takes me back to the first sip back in 2014. Thanks stone! keep em coming nationwide or so cal

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,882) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

Casper got one and only one drop of Enjoy By. That was July 4th 2018. I was underwhelmed when I contrast it with the July 4th 2014 I had, obtained online.

4. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,086) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

tried it on tap, it's a nice big douple IPA stone style. Nice to visit but I don't think I'll be getting a big bottle. It's definitely a beer that belongs in a 12 oz serving size, it doesn't really warm up all that well in my opinion

Bitterbill likes this.
  5. Genuine

Genuine Devotee (436) May 7, 2009 Connecticut

I’m definitely looking to try it when I find it in my area. Love the artwork too!!

6. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (266) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

That's an easy way to rack up a dozen likes.

Junior likes this.
  7. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,086) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I walked right past the bottles, totally thought it was some pumpkin beer

oldbean likes this.
  8. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (347) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Wow, I had not taken a close look at the bottle art, people are 100% going to buy this thinking it's a pumpkin beer.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  9. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,966) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

This release is rare so it's obviously the best since *insert date here*.

10. jdoncbus

jdoncbus Disciple (378) Jun 17, 2006 Ohio

By all means Stone, keep it in CA. I used to mark the f out for series and now I haven't touched it in years. No worries Greg, we hayseeds back in your home state will survive :wink:

11. Frank_Lopez

Frank_Lopez Initiate (22) Aug 2, 2013 Maryland

I remember the first time I purchased a bomber of Ruination in Southern California ~2005. At the time I thought Sierra Nevada pale ale was hoppy, ha. I was blown away, though I do like 2.0

Ronmarley1 likes this.
  12. waltari

waltari Initiate (67) Jan 28, 2016 Georgia

How about bringing back their Mocha IPA? I could drink a case of it.

BrewsOverHoes and Ronmarley1 like this.
  13. Bitterbill

Society Trader

First time to see it, on draught at Liquor Shed.

14. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,415) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

I really liked this release, enjoying it on tap twice (back to back!) and grabbing a crowler to go. It's maybe not quite as juicy as when it first debuted, and I'd similarly argue that there is less of a showing from the malt - but I think that's the evolution of the series, not anything peculiar to this iteration.

The hop bill definitely does seem excessive, and in some cases redundant. But hey, that's Stone, and as long as it tastes good, I'm not going to complain! :grinning:

15. Bitterbill

Society Trader

I had a sample from the Growler station at Liquor Shed today. Also on the station is Great Divide Hoss Oktoberfest. I liked both of them and with only 1 Howler in my hand, I asked which of the two they had more of. The Stone was just tapped today so I went with the Hoss, which I had not had before and thought was delicious.

Roguer likes this.
  16. TheRuinedLegacy

TheRuinedLegacy Initiate (10) Nov 1, 2019

No, never....
    I still remember when Stone discontinued the original Ruination IPA and replaced with the 2.0 version. Even though the newer version is good it will never replace the original. I’m always looking forward for the new Enjoy By, my favorite Double IPA....

17. TheRuinedLegacy

TheRuinedLegacy Initiate (10) Nov 1, 2019

Yes sir I’ve been hoping for the original Ruination to make a come back, I’m getting sick and tired of all these damn hazy “IPAs” hitting the shelves.

Ronmarley1 likes this.