Release Stone Enjoy By 11.12.13

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Aaronkv, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Champion (882) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

YES!! Got my first growler fill of this beer ever!! There were plenty bottles of this lying around too, but I had to have it on tap for sure. Mmmm.

2. Drankenstein

Drankenstein Initiate (41) Jul 15, 2013 Kansas

3. 1fJef

1fJef Initiate (0) May 4, 2013 Maryland

Oh YEH like Kansas is the promised land LOL

Back at ya:
    http://www.stupidlaws.com/laws/united-states/kansas/

Drankenstein likes this.
  4. sisterthelonious

sisterthelonious Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 Wisconsin

If you head to Iowa, just go to Toppling Goliath. Enjoy By is good, TG's IPA's are better.

5. DrunkethWizard

DrunkethWizard Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 California

Just grabbed my bottle, along with the new Game of Thrones stout and a 4pack of 2012 Narwhal. Boo-f'n-yah!

MgoJohnStamos likes this.
  6. Wylde

Wylde Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2008 Ohio

Grabbed a bottle today. Looking forward to it.

7. lic217

lic217 Crusader (780) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I have had about 7 bottles of enjoy by this year and actually passed on this one yesterday. I felt that for the price I had enough of it. Its a top notch DIPA, but too many other great choices at a more modest price. I will probably grab one on the next go around. I am sure it is also excellent. Enjoy everyone who grabbed some of this version.

ryhayes likes this.
  8. BrettHead

BrettHead Devotee (474) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Lol..go to Decorah... Council Bluffs is right across the river dude.

9. craigo19

craigo19 Aspirant (217) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan
    Supporter Beer Trader

Grabbed a couple of bottles and a t-shirt yesterday at The Andersons in Toledo. One is donated to the homebrew club and the other will be enjoyed tomorrow before I deal with my family.

10. Nanners

Nanners Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio

Having my first enjoy by as we speak. I picked this up at a very reasonable price over the FFF (one per person) octoberfest. I see this stuff sitting on the shelf all the time, but always passed it up for my regulars. Have to say I'm impressed. It's delicious. It's like a fresher headhunter. Or an old rajah without the smell. It has a wonderful "up the nose" kind of tinge though (the fresh hops). Almost like an alka seltzer. Very well crafted at a reasonable price. Thanks stone.

11. ToddSoonerFan

ToddSoonerFan Aspirant (299) Aug 23, 2013 Iowa

Had my first one last night. Even my wife liked it, and she usually does not like beer. Very tasty!

12. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,083) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Mmm. Drank my Enjoy By today. Veeeeerrrrry tasty.

13. CValle1975

CValle1975 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2011 Virginia

had this a couple of nights ago and wasn't blown away. i'm a huge IPA fan but found it bitter and not quite right to me. disappointing. will have to pick up another one to make sure..:)

14. ncstateplaya

ncstateplaya Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2008 North Carolina

Jonathan, at the time I was just throwing out marketing ideas. I hadn't seen it anywhere. But I believe the shops in Raleigh got them in on Thursday. Several local shops posted on their FB page.

15. tvazteca

tvazteca Initiate (0) Sep 27, 2011 Massachusetts

I might cave and get a bottle or two along with the suede that came into the store.

16. ScotNH

ScotNH Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I picked one of these up at Stowe Beverage in Stowe VT over the weekend. Looking forward to trying it. It's in line behind a couple more of my Lawson's Finest acquisitions from the weekend.

17. skyler_estes_

skyler_estes_ Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2013 Kansas
    Beer Trader

Scored 3 bottles at Goebel Liquor and Beer world in Wichita, KS last weekend as well as a 6 pack of TIPA. Already drank 2 of my Enjoy's...should have bought 6!

18. Local_Yeti

Local_Yeti Initiate (0) Sep 27, 2013 New York

What a epic IPA! Love the beer and the efforts stone goes through to get us the freshest beers possible. I get it in 3 days time here in NY every single time they release!

If only Russian River could get with the program and get us fresh Pliny in three days time :)

19. cincysig

cincysig Aspirant (285) Sep 15, 2010 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I liked the 11.12.13 well enough, but it will be a letdown after Double Sunshine. (I was #15 at Waitsfield Market on Saturday and grabbed Enjoy By at Hunger Mountain Coop later.)

20. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Zealot (576) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

<- where in Michigan? Anywhere in GR?

21. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Devotee (464) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Picked up a bottle yesterday, but probably won't be able to drink it until tomorrow. I'm excited to do a side by side with DirtWolf. DirtWolf and Lawsons/ Otter Creek Double Dose were remarkably close head to head, making Dirtwolf a bargain, though I really wish it was available in 6 packs.

22. HopFace

HopFace Aspirant (240) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Of course no locations in Pittsburgh on the map but yet it pops up here and there. Distributors love playing games in Western PA. Can probably pick it up at the hot dog shop for $14 in a week or 2.

23. ChrisChagnon

ChrisChagnon Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Over it at $9 a bomber. Next batch they should try 6pks

lic217 likes this.
  24. scraff

scraff Initiate (163) Apr 18, 2003 Maryland

The deal is this--I'm sure they'll come back with more Stone Enjoy By, but with so many great D-IPA's available (Accchem--Dirt Wolf being one of many), who cares at the moment?! I truly love Stone and all, but I have had enough of this marketing ploy. Let's beg for your beer on Twitter and Facebook? No thanks. Send it or don't send it. I might buy it, I might not. How bout that!? Ok. I'll calm down now. Too many Founder's Devil Dancer's for lunch. ;)

lic217 and ChrisChagnon like this.
  25. charlzm

charlzm Poo-Bah (2,215) Sep 3, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

The home state of California is conspicuously absent...

Funny thing is that I see expired Enjoy by out here in Cali relatively often.

26. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits Initiate (182) Mar 23, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Sorry, SE Michigan. Guess I should have qualified that.

27. ThirstyHrothgar

ThirstyHrothgar Aspirant (281) Jun 29, 2010 North Carolina

I had two pints tonight...on draft at Spinoza's Pizza in Beavercreek, Ohio. Delicious. 9.4%ABV, light for a double IPA and oh so fresh. Wish I could find it in the regular beer area so I could rate it properly.

28. lic217

Beer Trader

I agree with you. Double sunshine is a level or two higher compared to enjoy by.

29. lic217

Beer Trader

If anyone is looking for it in CT, there is plenty at Crazy Bruce in Bristol (as of yesterday).

30. schildres

schildres Initiate (148) Oct 14, 2010 Maryland

Thats the one good thing about going to school in PA, I still have access to some damn good beer.

31. ThirstySavage

ThirstySavage Initiate (188) May 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Grabbed 2 of these last week, split one with a friend Saturday...wasn't exactly gross, but wasn't exactly great either. Definite shallot/onion taste and smell going on. Each sip was puzzling to me. We drank this right after a Port Brewing Hop-15, which might not've helped- Hop-15's on the sweet side of DIPA's. But I have a feeling bomber #2's gonna be sitting in my fridge for a while.

32. AMG55

AMG55 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2013 Indiana

People are saying this release is not as good as the earlier late Summer/Fall releases. Are they using the same hops or is something changing as the year progresses?

33. labattblueribbon

labattblueribbon Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2013 New York

if you can't find this Stone offering just try Victory's Dirtwolf, it's essentially the same beer only cheaper, better, and more readily available.

34. HawkIPA

HawkIPA Initiate (0) May 2, 2013 Massachusetts

Some BAs said the September batch wasn't as good as past ones. I thought it was as delicious as ever. Can't wait to try this one.

35. fds

fds Initiate (171) Aug 17, 2013 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

Except TG is impossible to find, especially in the western part of the state.

Ristaccia likes this.
  36. Mighty_Joey

Mighty_Joey Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2013 Ohio

I typically dont enjoy IPAs but this one I DO LIKE. I had an earlier release on draft earlier this year, and just scored a bottle today so I am excited to drink it this weekend. Wouldnt it be neat if Stone did a special wet hopped edition this time of year...

PaulyB83 likes this.
  37. jsball22

jsball22 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2009 Connecticut

Good thing I just moved 1/4 mile away! Hopefully it's there when I get out of work.

38. lic217

Beer Trader

Was it still there?

39. mj81

mj81 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2013 New Jersey

Just did a head to head against dirtwolf today. Not even close IMO. Dirtwolf beat it out and even my wife who doesn't like ipas picked dirtwolf hand down. Did stone mess with their recipe cause this batch seemed different than 9.13.13? was still a great dipa but I won't be buying another considering I can get a 4 pack of dirtwolf for the same price and it's a superior dipa IMO. The newest batch seemed a little thinner and not quite as complex.

40. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Devotee (464) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I like them both alot. Enjoy by is significantly more bitter and smells more floral. Kind of bridges the gap between modern citrus centric beers and old school California IPA. Dirtwolf is great, but definitely had a less going on with more citrus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.