1. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,648) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Now in 19.2oz cans!
    [​IMG]

https://www.newschoolbeer.com/2019/...y-07-04-19-unfiltered-ipa-in-19-2oz-cans.html

I just saw these today. I don't even remember the last time I even had an Enjoy By, but I think that streak's about to end :wink:.

2. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (165) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Maybe they're hoping it will go out with an Independence Day BANG!

TongoRad likes this.
  3. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (599) Mar 28, 2009 California

The 19.2 oz cans are just singles correct?

4. Oktoberfiesta

Oktoberfiesta Aspirant (268) Nov 16, 2013 New Mexico

Why are they obsessed with Ibus? With the quick turnaround predicted, a hazy juicy brew could Be accomplished. They must hate $$$$

5. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (543) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

It says 6pk of 12oz cans---perfect.

6. TongoRad

Society Trader

According to the article both formats will be available, and yeah the 19.2oz cans will be singles.

I've recently purchased a Founders Solid Gold in that sized can, and they were sold in the refrigerator case alongside all of the other large format single cans (Heineken, Sapporo, etc.). I'm guessing that now craft brewers are trying to gain a foothold in that section of the stores.

7. deanzaZZR

deanzaZZR Initiate (124) Jan 8, 2015 California

That's the norm these days out here with choices like Anchor, Dales, Fresh Squeezed, BFD, etc. It's a 19.2 oz trend.

8. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (1,940) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

I haven’t seen Enjoy By forever, it’s either not in distro right now or it doesn’t sell which would be hard to believe.

Bitterbill likes this.
  9. jasonmason

jasonmason Initiate (180) Oct 6, 2004 California

The can says Unfiltered IPA, and then the press release calls it both a double IPA and a triple IPA..."And like our unabashed enthusiasm for our country’s independence, this double IPA is unfiltered, delivering a truly uninhibited hop character. If you’ve been longing for the classic satisfaction of a West Coast triple IPA amidst the juicy, hazy and milkshake-y craze, then these 37 days are for you.".

What is it?

10. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Savant (964) May 2, 2010 Ohio

Not hazy and a shell of what it once was. Maybe it is my palate but I had an awful hard time getting through the six pack. Sweet, boozy and harsh. I remember being blown away by this beer but I won’t bother anymore.

11. TongoRad

Society Trader

Damn. Maybe I'll start with a single then, myself. Thanks for the report.

ChrisMon02 likes this.
  12. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (274) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm glad it's coming in a 19.2 because I gave up buying this in six packs, as I found by the second one I was usually over it. But if I saw a single or on draft I would usually try it and I would gladly purchase a 19.2, as I have been buying beers in this format and it has been working well for me.

13. YamBag

YamBag Initiate (169) Feb 2, 2007 Pennsylvania

I think they're also looking for stadium sales with that format

meefmoff, TongoRad and Ranbot like this.
  14. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,852) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Or in a case of 12 cans.

Bitterbill likes this.
  15. Oktoberfiesta

This and hoptimum and a lesser extent Waldo used to fit my palate well. 8-8.5 is my new threshold. I can deal with multiple sweet 6.8% hazy ipas. But there’s something about the ibus bringing a certain harshness. These big beers are no longer balanced.

I can still do big stouts but double ipas that emphasize ibus? Nope. It’s gotta be a WC thing I can no longer get down with.

I’ll buy a single like I have in the past and give it its fair share.

Melvin just came to my area. I found their apa and basic IPA much more drinkable and balanced compared to 2x4.

ESHBG likes this.
  16. Junior

Junior Defender (626) May 23, 2015 Michigan
    Society Trader

I think Enjoy By is great but at 9.4% in a 19.2 oz can, that just doesn’t seem responsible.

LuskusDelph likes this.
  17. Oktoberfiesta

I’m guessing you never had BA ten fidy in the big format? It’s a one beer for the evening type of events.

18. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,154) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

I saw packs of this yesterday at my local Retail Beer Distributor. They were in the refrigerator right next to the packs of Stone Enjoy By 4.20.19.

Cheers!

19. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,006) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Did you let Stone know yet?

20. JackHorzempa

Society

Surely some other Stone Enjoy By customer has done so over the past 54 days?

If I was a consumer of this beer I would indeed make the call.

It would be 'better' if the local Stone Brewing Co, sales rep removed it without me needing to do their job for them.

Cheers!

21. Ranbot

Ranbot Champion (876) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Agreed... but....
    Agreed. Also, in a stadium where a single 19.2 oz beer can be $10+ people are more likely to perceive value in the 9.4 ABV. Buy one... get your buzz for half the price... enjoy the show/game [with less bathroom breaks].

Gemini6, meefmoff and ESHBG like this.
  22. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,792) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Was in 12oz cans here in AZ, tasty little beer.

Cheers

23. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

LOL

Drop Stone a message, I saw this happen some time ago with an enjoy by, I emailed them and a few days later the old stuff was removed.

Cheers

Jaycase and Bitterbill like this.
  24. JackHorzempa

Society

Do I get a 'part' of the local Stone Brewing Sales Rep's check for doing his job for him?

Cheers!

25. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

Consider it more like a volunteer position of free labor. :stuck_out_tongue: (dredging up an old thread topic)

Heck I did not even get a coaster or sticker for my efforts. :thinking_face: Now you got me thinking about this whole help them out thing.

Cheers

Ffenski, ESHBG, GetMeAnIPA and 3 others like this.
  26. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aspirant (211) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Well damn look another beer I am yearning to try :joy: every single time I log onto this site that seems to happen

27. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,126) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

Anybody bringing out a classic West Coast IPA these days of haziness that rivals Beijing on a bad day is OK in my book. I'll grab this if I see it!

28. rypkr

rypkr Champion (867) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Seconded.

I bought 2 six packs of this enjoy by. It's a welcome sight to see around in stores saturated with the juiciest haze a brewer can market.

To me NEIPAs are like chicken nuggets. Yeah they're tastey but they're not the real thing. They're a fussy kids dinner when the parents are having cordon bleu.

Crazy that their rise in popularity has so many beer drinkers turning their noses at beers like enjoy by, head hunter, or 60 minute.

29. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most of my local guys make haze free beer that is just fantastic.

Jasonja1474, Buck89, Txex06 and 2 others like this.
  30. TongoRad

Society Trader

At least it's a (small) step up from when it was first introduced in 22oz bottles :wink:.

deanzaZZR, jakecattleco and Ranbot like this.
  31. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,006) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Apparently no other customer has done so if it is still sitting there for over 50 days. Personally, I'd be a bit cautious about buying any beer sold by that retailer given that they themselves haven't already talked to the Stone Rep about removing the obviously old before stocking what is obviously a new "Enjoy By" beer.

Sure it would be better if it was already taken care of, but how else is Stone supposed to learn their rep and or local wholesale distributor is slacking off on the job if nobody lets them know?

We won't have an impact on getting these problems changed without something actually being done at the customer level as well. it's obvious that enough people are buying old beer that there's no motivation for the critical people in the distribution chain to change.

#31 drtth, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    pjeagles likes this.
  32. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,835) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

I haven't seen it in a long time too. Reckon I will have to be satisfied with Go To.

33. JackHorzempa

Society

I already reported it via the Stone website.

I suppose we will see if there is genuine action here.

Cheers!

AZBeerDude72, Jaycase and drtth like this.
  34. SouthAtholSuds

SouthAtholSuds Initiate (139) Nov 3, 2008 Massachusetts

Nice to see a huge price drop on this beer for once.

35. JackHorzempa

Society

How much of a price drop is there?

Cheers!

36. Lesak87

Lesak87 Initiate (59) Mar 26, 2015 New Jersey

That is kind of a gray area where the fault lies more on the actual distributor sales rep for that account. Sure, if a supplier rep comes in and sees their out of code (OOC) product, it should be addressed. However, most distributors have co-op deals with their brands when it comes to old beer being picked up. It tends to be a 50/50 split absorbing the cost, however, some distributors will only pick up entire cases of OOC beer while others will honor 4/6pks. If you know your distributor only picks up full cases and you see a rogue 6pk or two that is old, then by all means it should be purchased if you are the brand rep. Most all breweries who have the capabilities to hire a sales team reimburse their reps for picking up old product in the market.

The sales rep in that territory is the one who is in that store regularly to do the order/inventory. He sees that old beer every week when he goes in and doesn’t address it. Usually, he is also the only one permitted to actually put in the request for a pickup as well as most distributors have specific paperwork or procedures for that.

37. JackHorzempa

Society

And in your area of Jersey the distributors actually remove old stock?

Cheers!

@jesskidden

38. Lesak87

Lesak87 Initiate (59) Mar 26, 2015 New Jersey

Yes, although there is still a sea of OOC product flooding the market as most reps try to keep their pickups to a minimum to stay off the radar.

39. Dandrewjohn

Dandrewjohn Disciple (382) Apr 13, 2013 Texas
    Society

19.2 oz = more fun.

TongoRad likes this.
  40. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aspirant (211) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I remember my first "wow every can should be 19.2oz" moment as clear as day. I was in Florida and I picked up a Sierra Nevada BFD ice cold on like a 100 degree day, I am a big cans guy through and through!