Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Stone RuinTen

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by LarryK, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrkmrk

mrkmrk Jun 25, 2011 Texas

I think they might have IPA, but that's it. When I went a few days ago, I tried to get one. They were out! I tried to get RuinTen, and they were out of that, too. I finally settled on an Enjoy By. ALSO OUT. This turned me into a crying little bitch because I really wanted to try RuinTen on tap.

2. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Sep 27, 2012 Texas

word to your mother, i know the Stone contest probably has them blowing it all out

3. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Enjoy By doesn't count towards most bitter bar.

4. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

We will prevail make it 3 in a row.

You know start the Houston dynasty!

leoingle and lndsy like this.
  5. OriginalHopHead

OriginalHopHead Oct 8, 2012 Texas

I think I saw some on tap at Hi Hat Public House.

6. lndsy

lndsy Dec 6, 2012 Texas

i just showered in ruinten.

leoingle, texasdrugaddict and mrkmrk like this.
  7. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

Was it overcarbonated or something? :)

rainerschuhsler and lndsy like this.
  8. mrkmrk

She reclined in her chair. Apparently, I "shouldn't have let [her]."

9. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Isn't that always the way?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ;)

mrkmrk and lndsy like this.
  10. lndsy

lndsy Dec 6, 2012 Texas

Memories of why my hair is crispy and beer-scented come rushing back

mrkmrk likes this.
  11. mrkmrk

You'd really have to hope that the clearest explanation is the right one, here

starkmarvelo likes this.
  12. ChrisYarborough

ChrisYarborough Oct 16, 2012 Texas

Whole foods on Belaire has about 7 or 8 sitting out on the beer wall... I only grabbed one since I already drank 2 and have 6 in my fridge.

13. tpgraham

tpgraham Mar 18, 2013 Texas

Drinking one right now. So delicious. I have one more to chill and drink, probably over the long July 4th weekend.

14. leoingle

leoingle Jan 28, 2013 Texas

damn, has there been any spotting of this in Houston? wanna try it. i never got an answer from anybody if it was coming to texas, apparently it is.

15. leoingle

saturday, they had Cali Bel, IPA and one other which is slipping my mind. they had the enjoy by tap up but it wasnt on the board.

16. leoingle

i asked them saturday how many kegs they have been through, they said they think about 26.

17. Lutter

Alamo on Slaughter Lane in ATX had this on tap tonight. Taplister also shows the Draught House & Hopfields.

18. ChrisYarborough

ChrisYarborough Oct 16, 2012 Texas

HEB on Dunlavy had some Ruinten, Enjoy By, and both Prairie Ales as of last night.

19. Grapenut

Grapenut May 16, 2013 Texas

Sigel's Uptown has RuinTen, Enjoy By, and Love Child No 3 for those that may have missed out on these items.

20. Lotekduc

Lotekduc Jan 4, 2010 Texas

HEB Hancock center, didn't count.

21. Lutter

I just picked up the last 2 at HEB Escarpment while grocery shopping.

22. ajaylock

ajaylock Nov 27, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

If anyone's still looking in Houston. Specs Spring Valley had at least 4 bottles on the shelf tonight.

23. Jremington90

Jremington90 Jul 3, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

They've got RuinTen on tap at Joe's Brewhouse in San Angelo if there's anyone from out west on here.

24. Ford

Ford Sep 8, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Shell in Friendswood still had some RuinTen today when I was there. This was way easier to get than Enjoy By 40113.

25. jwff

jwff Oct 20, 2004 New York

I went out of town for a weekend and completely missed out on the most recent Enjoy By, but it is nice to see this one sitting on shelves. I've had my fill and don't need to buy any more but it is just nice to still see it.

26. Lutter

Anyone looking in Austin... Sam over at E1G had a ton of this when I was in there this morning. Please buy it all before I go broke (it's on my way home from work)

mrkmrk likes this.
  27. txjustin

txjustin May 29, 2013 Texas

I have to say, I liked enjoy by 7/4 better than Ruinten.

Ford likes this.
  28. Ford

Ford Sep 8, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I like the more citrusiness in enjoy by... but have a friend that loves the more bitter finish of RuinTen....

29. leoingle

4/1 had no citrus taste to me at all. I never tried 7/4. I don't like ruinten at much as Ruination, but it's very close.

30. Heretic42

Heretic42 Aug 31, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

4/1 had plenty of citrus on the nose, but very little in the taste which made me sad. 7/4 had more citrus, but still nowhere near 12/21. I still liked both of them and still think it makes no sense to compare Enjoy By to Ruinten (which I also liked). They may as well be different styles.

31. leoingle

They are both DIPAs, so I think it's ok to compare them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe