Stones Throw update

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,412) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

kemoarps and sharpski like this.
  2. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,016) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

Anybody want me to help a brewery out in such a manner, all they have to do is ask!

3. dayglo

dayglo Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2009 Washington

i really hope it doesnt happen, but the name is litigation waiting to happen. stones throw is a very well know independent record label in California and i suspect they will want to protect their name. hope it doesn't result in lawyering up, but wouldnt be surprised if it happened..

4. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,461) Sep 18, 2010 Washington

Yeah well, like, Stones Throw Records doesn't have an apostrophe, and Stone's Throw Brewing totally does.
    Because Punctuation Matters.

BTW, why are construction guys wearing those orange safety vests always standing around with their hands in their pockets?

66jzmstr, kemoarps and beertunes like this.
  5. beertunes

Trader

Well, it's different businesses, so it's probably never gonna be an issue. There already is another Stones Throw brewery (in Arkansas, IIRC), and the Bham one has talked to them, and they're cool with Bham using the name. Only thing is the on-line presence, so the one here is known on-line as Fairhaven's Stones Throw. Now, will a certain gargoyle infested SoCal brewery get their sensitive panties all up in a bunch? I dunno.

kemoarps and woemad like this.
  6. beertunes

Trader

Step 1: Find new, local brewery in planning stages.
    2: Offer to help with anything.
    3: Shovel dirt in the rain, help build retaining wall, help sledgehammer concrete, help unload brewing equipment, etc.
    4: Burgers and beer!

vurt, kemoarps and woemad like this.
  7. kemoarps

kemoarps Poo-Bah (1,517) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Safety. Wouldn't want them things flailing around getting in the way, you know.

beertunes and draheim like this.
  8. beertunes

Trader

9. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

That's really awesome that the other guys are cool with it, but why would the guys in bham want to open up a brewery without a unique name? I suppose they could know that they won't ever expand outside of the state, but who knows if the other brewery will. Will the BA brewery name be Fairhaven's Stones Throw?

10. beertunes

Trader

Tony, the brewer, has had his heart set on this name for a long time. It's important to him for personal reasons. And, we already have two Alpines, and two epics, selling beer in Washington, and folks don't seem overly confused.:confused:

kemoarps likes this.
  11. beertunes

Trader

12. beertunes

Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.