Storing opened bottle - small keg?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by brureview, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brureview

brureview Pooh-Bah (2,659) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

When I open a bomber especially a high ABV beer ( 22-25oz.) I usually use a Metrokane wine sealer to store the beer in the fridge for the next night. It works well, although the quality of DIPAS can be diminished. Other styles ( strong ales, stouts) it's fine. Sometimes, especially when the beer is very high ABV,(13+) I would like to drink it over 3 nights, or have a way of storing it over a longer period of time.

Is there a small kegging system for the fridge, which I could store the beer for longer periods of time?
    I thought I read about this- perhaps in the Beer Advocate magazine.

2. jpstodwftexas

jpstodwftexas Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2017 Texas

Several new pressurized Growlers out there now...Even a refridgerated pressurized countertop Growler kegerator

brureview and youradhere like this.
  3. youradhere

youradhere Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2008 Washington

Yes there is quite a bit out there- @jpstodwftexas has your best option with the pressurized serving growlers, they use paintball co2 cartridges.

Other than that- buy a homebrew bottle capper and recap the bottles, or you can recycle those Heineken mini kegs and get a co2 rig for those.

Main thing is that you want to make sure there is co2 surrounding your beer to make sure it doesn't oxidize too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.