1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

Stout BIF - Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by bbpro47, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForkAndSpoonOp

ForkAndSpoonOp May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

Infinite ISO.

2. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Nov 12, 2011 Washington

Packed it all up last night, should be ready to go early next week

3. emottram

emottram Feb 8, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

+1000

4. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

Ok since Jeb was not my sender and I messed that up. I going with Calcnerd as my shipper.

5. Smurf2055

I think I was just extra'd a 2013, now I don't know if I should drink it or keep adding to it :/

Also that new Abduction sounds bomb :0
    Like I said previously in this thread, Pipeworks fucking rules

6. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Dec 7, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I have a growler of Pipeworks coming my way on Sunday, super excited!

7. RayUF07

RayUF07 Sep 22, 2012 Florida

I'll be shipping close to the end of the window, but my target should be happy I did. Waiting on a want to arrive and another should be want that will be released soon.

8. DBijnagte

Beer Trader

Not sure... there could be some confusion in our texting and if that's the case I'm guessing I'm getting bottles.

9. atoulouk

atoulouk Apr 25, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I think it's probably a 2012. They brew it in 2012 and release it around Christmas time at the 4 Elf party, but a lot of times it doesn't hit distro until January/Feb because the distributors wont give it to the stores until they've sold a certain amount of 1,2,3, and 4.

10. Smurf2055

He says it is the newest batch, and he lives in Michigan. Damn you Dark Horse for not putting a bottle date!

11. atoulouk

atoulouk Apr 25, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Either way, it's the same vintage as the 1 I sent you in the stout series as I picked up in February, whether to call that '12 (when it was brewed) or '13 (when it hit distro) I don't really know. lol

12. calcnerd

calcnerd Oct 26, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I can neither confirm or deny.

13. Wolfpack2005

Wolfpack2005 Oct 15, 2010 North Carolina

Ohsaycanyoubeer is my sender (I think)

14. MADPolo

MADPolo Dec 19, 2012 Alabama

Seems Ohsaycanyoubeer has forgotten about this post! Did anyone ship to him yet? I remember him saying he received a package, but I don't know if it was his Stout BIF box or not.

15. emottram

Beer Trader

Looks like StoutSeth shipped around that time and nobody else said they got a shipment. I'd guess it was to Ohsaycanyoubeer

16. jakeox

jakeox Dec 15, 2012 Illinois

Yep, he received a box. Hopefully he's not still at Hunahpu!

17. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Dec 4, 2011 Texas

Work forced me to not ship until Monday this week, but I am still going to EAT

18. MADPolo

I dropped him a message to check.

19. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aug 28, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

My box was great, my sender hit some great wants, cant wait to share these with my buddies.

20. elkhunter36

elkhunter36 Feb 29, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

21. DBijnagte

Beer Trader

22. RayUF07

If anything, this BIF got great responses.

23. jakeox

jakeox Dec 15, 2012 Illinois

My boxes are out. Or at least sitting in a FedEx Kinko's until they put them on a truck.

I'm going to be a little sad when this is all over, though. When's the reunion?

24. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Nov 12, 2012 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Another BIF, different style of beer perhaps?

25. DBijnagte

Beer Trader

A locals only BIF?

26. RayUF07

I'm down for another.

27. ForkAndSpoonOp

I've done those before, and they are amazing. I'd totally jump on another. Especially if I get a sender from, I don't know, Wisconsin or the suburbs south of Chicago...

28. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Aug 28, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Let me know if/when the packages are delivered. Scheduled delivery for today, but after "Destination scan" over weekend, status hasn't been updated. Hope they didn't get intercepted! :eek:

29. emottram

Beer Trader

What a great birthday present:D

Had a bomb dropped in my driveway!!! What a packing job..holy shit, it was like trying to break into Fort Knox. Thank you very much I'm blown away and yes I agree bourbon makes everything better. I'm looking forward to trying the Dark Intrigue.

pics to follow

30. emottram

Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got a pint glass from Appalachian Brewing Company (sorry no photo) put it right into the dishwasher since it was ready to be run

Thanks again jbdpsu82! Really looking forward to trying these. Is the KBS a 2012? I could not find a date code

I drank one of the Troegs Scratch Beer 83 Impending Descent. It went great with dinner

31. jbdpsu82

Beer Trader

Actually the KBS is a 2011. Hope you enjoy the beer. I know you get Troegs there, and that's the primary local brewery for me. Did what I could!

32. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

The Big Gruesome. Man i gotta try that. and KBS one day. Awesome box.

33. ForkAndSpoonOp

Damn yeah. Sweet box from the newb. Those Troegs Scratch beers are tricky to find, which sucks, because they're usually awesome.

34. calcnerd

Beer Trader

I was at Troeg's last weekend and they didn't even have any there :(

35. jbdpsu82

Beer Trader

They just released an Irish Red Scratch beer. They said until Nugget Nectar "season" is over they won't be focusing on many scratches.

36. calcnerd

Beer Trader

Yea that was pretty much the focus when I was there. Nugget nectar as fresh as you can get it was amazing. I saw one of the brewers when I was there and tried to talk them into a BA version of flying mouflan. Didn't get an answer which could be good or bad...

37. jbdpsu82

Beer Trader

Did you get a chance to try their barrel aged Troegenator? It was INCREDIBLE! Loved it. I was also told to be on the lookout for a Splinter release notice sooner rather than later.... Just an FYI.

38. calcnerd

Beer Trader

Nah didn't get to try it. We got there and there was some huge party there that bought about 100 flights of beer. They decided they didn't like anything other than the pale ale so they were literally SHOVING flights down our throats. Had my fill of Javahead, Dopplebock, Nugget Nectar and a few others for free. Pretty awesome day.

39. jbdpsu82

Beer Trader

I love working down the street from it. Any time they announce something that sounds good I can run right over on lunch and partake before the crowds.

40. MADPolo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe