Stouts in the Summer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Beertsipper, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottakelly

scottakelly Devotee (484) May 9, 2007 Ohio

I'll be the odd vote for "no". Once the thermometer gets over 75 any stout, regardless of abv, does not sound good any more.

2. 2ellas

2ellas Devotee (470) Feb 20, 2014 New Hampshire

That was moving! I can just imagine that story being told with a Norwegian accent, the tone of the last part of the sentence raises just a bit... Good stuff!

Anywho, I've been known to bring a bomber or two of Lagunitas cappuccino stout or any other big stout for that matter in the canoe for a fishing beverage. The warm sun, a chilled stout, the relaxing beauty of nature and tons of largemouth bass! Well maybe not tons... but all huge! Well maybe not huge... but at least I get a buzz going!

KarmicSkrambl8 likes this.
  3. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,304) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

I agree with just one caveat - since I don't mow the lawn in the winter, I have no use for Leinenkugel Shandys until like April. Then I'm killing them at a whopping like 7 MPH while throwing pine cones all over the place!

2ellas and Greywulfken like this.
  4. Hrodebert

Hrodebert Aspirant (278) Sep 2, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Stouts, like a great fishing tale, good anytime.

2ellas likes this.
  5. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,789) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

Any style, any time

6. gibgink

gibgink Champion (870) Oct 27, 2014 Missouri
    Trader

Don't really know how Ten Fidy ages, but if it is readily available, go buy you some more! You seem a little low with only 2 in the fridge.

7. Fox82791

Fox82791 Devotee (465) Jun 20, 2014 New York
    Trader

I drink stouts regardless of the time of year. If you want it, drink it. Don't let outlying factors like that determine what you drink.

8. MattXT

MattXT Defender (632) Nov 23, 2010 Virginia

To me, there aren't many things more relaxing than coming home from work on a nice summer evening and sipping a big stout on the deck with my lady and the dog.

9. AricGresko

AricGresko Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2014 Pennsylvania

Stouts/porters, etc as a nightcap; IPA's/Pale Ales/Sessions, etc during the hot day or at dinner.

10. MikeP64

MikeP64 Initiate (166) Jan 24, 2015 South Carolina

I wouldn't take a stout fishing on a hot S.C. summer day or cut my grass with one...but afterwards,oh yea.

11. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (472) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Any time/any place.

Bring the stouts on!

12. Nmelione

Nmelione Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2014 New Jersey

I wouldn't drink it outside on the beach in the summer but I will definitely enjoy a few stouts at the bar or in my home.

13. ICMTM

ICMTM Initiate (153) Mar 20, 2014 California
    Trader

In Ca when it gets 100 degrees no! In the spring and fall when it's colder than normal I always do, but never in the summer.

14. mikefuski17

mikefuski17 Disciple (351) Jul 25, 2013 Oregon

I drink whatever I want whenever I want. And you should too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.