1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

Stubborn Beauty Brewing

Discussion in 'New England' started by ArchietheDragon, Sep 4, 2013.

1. ArchietheDragon

ArchietheDragon Sep 4, 2013 Connecticut

A new brewery is opening up in Middletown, CT in the next couple of months. They are Stubborn Beauty Brewing. They have had their beer at some events. Has anyone had it? Any thoughts? I would love a good brewery to open up in the middle of the state.

2. cheers55

cheers55 Oct 25, 2005 Connecticut
    Subscriber

I had several of their beers at the Chili cook of at Delaney's in July. The beers were imaginitive and taty. Good people too.

3. ArchietheDragon

Cool. Hopefully I will get to try them out at one of the brewfests coming up in the next month or so.

4. shane_stubbornbeauty

shane_stubbornbeauty Sep 18, 2013 Connecticut

So I have no idea how I stumbled across this thread...but I just wanted to say Archie we plan on fulfilling your desires.

If you can make it, we are pouring at:
    Ski Sundown this Saturday
    Harbor Fest on 9/28
    Eli Cannons (our own event) on 10/5

@Cheers - thanks for the kind words...the Delaney's fest was a ton of fun for us!

jim102864 and cheers55 like this.
  5. ArchietheDragon

Good to hear. My sister is getting married this Saturday, so unfortunately I can't make that. Might go down to Harbor fest and would love to hit up Eli's. Hope to taste your beers soon.

6. codasnap52

codasnap52 Jan 24, 2008 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Looking forward to trying out their beers at Harbor Fest. Friended them on FBook a while ago and glad to see they are moving ahead and making some solid offerings.

7. benbking

benbking Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

I'm not in CT, so it may be some time before I can try anything from these guys but every time I see their name I can't help wondering if they're Modest Mouse fans.

8. shane_stubbornbeauty

In this life like weeds, eyes need us to see, hearts need us to bleed,
    in this life like weeds, you're a rock to me
    :cool:

benbking and jim102864 like this.
  9. jim102864

jim102864 Aug 9, 2005 Connecticut

Being from the area and a regular at Eli's, I'm looking forward to tasting your offerings in the near future. Nothing but good news for craft beer fans in CT these days.

10. shane_stubbornbeauty

Agreed, it's a beer awakening...come see us at Eli's on 10/5 - it's our event:

One Hundred and Twenty Five ³

More info on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....220051771359212.61791.220036308027425&type=1

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe