Surly Pumpkin brew.....?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by shawnp, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnp

shawnp Aspirant (235) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I happened to be scanning Twitter where TH was asked if Surly was ever going to try a pumpkin brew and TH replied...."Next year." Interesting. Thoughts?

Revenant likes this.
  2. herman77

herman77 Meyvn (1,050) Jan 24, 2010 Minnesota
    Subscriber

Yawn. Pumpkin beers don't do much for me. I'm sure it will be well received though.

KWMiles, theCoder and ItGose like this.
  3. opwog

opwog Defender (656) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

Wish it was this year.

4. Bond111

Bond111 Aspirant (226) Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Initial thought was "this is cool' would love to see what their spin is on this fall classic.

5. leezy

leezy Initiate (64) Sep 13, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

it'll be interesting but the coming year will be interesting regardless for Surly, I want to see what happens with their year round stuff first and how they incorporate the BC facility with shifting production and expanding distribution etc.

6. GFG

GFG Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

Really pumped to see what they can do with a pumpkin beer. Has anyone actually heard anything lately as to how the new brewery deal is coming along? Have they started doing anything yet?

7. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (403) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Maybe h8 will be a pumpkin style?

8. shawnp

shawnp Aspirant (235) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I thought this as well and the possibility of Surly releasing it later in the year but I'll wait until the head honchos at Surly release the info.

9. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Disciple (377) Jul 23, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I asked at the tap room, and mum was the word. They had a sign up that another new beer was coming soon, but i cannot remember for the life of me what it was..... (after misanthrope, which was delicious btw)

10. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Meyvn (1,430) Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Surly Dampfbier
    German All-Barley Steam Ale. A lesser known style of German ale once popular and brewed on the Germany/Czech border. Brewed with 100% malted barley yet fermented (warm) with a traditional Bavarian (wheat) Hefe-Weizen yeast, this is the German equivalent of a "Steam" beer. Gold in color and medium bodied with flavors of toasted bread, cloves, bananas and citrusy hop aroma.

AnalogErik likes this.
  11. josephwa

josephwa Devotee (453) Jun 4, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

If anybody could do a pumpkin beer that I'd enjoy, it would be Surly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe