Surly/Town Hall/Steel Toe question

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by DooshBagalow, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Tried looking this stuff up before posting because we are sometimes overwhelmed with "Chicago bar/brewery" threads in the Great Lakes forum, but couldn't find relevant info on this particular inquiry.

So I have a buddy (long-time craft beer drinker) who is in Minneapolis for the weekend with his pre-teen son and fiancée. I gave them these three breweries as suggested stops since they usually try to visit a brewpub/brewery when they travel. Question is, which one of these three would be the most "kid-friendly" for them to go have a meal at? Dinner most likely.

Thanks for any help.

2. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Devotee (415) Feb 23, 2013 Minnesota

Town Hall Brewery. It's as much a restaurant as it is a bar. There's kids running around here as I type this. Plus Town Hall has a larger selection of awesome brew. There's only food trucks at ST and Surly.

Also, one can get their hands on ST and Surly anytime. Who knows the next time will be when Town Hall has Mango Mama, 1800, Apricot Wheat, etc... on tap.

3. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Thank you very much.

4. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Devotee (480) May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

TH is an awesome place for the kids. Well as awesome as you can get at a brew pub. My son has been there several times. Wouldn't suggest at the other places due to the amazing food at TH.

Torgo and Hopsiam14 like this.
  5. ben4bier

ben4bier Initiate (140) Mar 3, 2013 Minnesota

Maybe a trip to the newly opened Townhall lanes would be even more family friendly.

6. jreindl

jreindl Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Wisconsin

Town hall, my kid's loved their food. I loved the beer. Win win.

opwog and Revenant like this.
  7. nogophers

nogophers Aspirant (255) Jun 28, 2011 Minnesota

TH is the place. If you get bored, you can always run across the street to Republic for some non-TH craft selections. Both have outdoor seating.

8. Bobafett

Bobafett Initiate (145) Jul 24, 2008 Minnesota

Town Hall Lanes is great for kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.