TAP NY 2013

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by keithmurray, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,087) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

2. sandman3479

sandman3479 Devotee (409) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I was kicking around the idea...

3. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (218) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

I'll be there. Looks like it's getting even bigger this year... lots of new, interesting breweries popping up.

4. makisupapolice14

makisupapolice14 Aspirant (200) Jun 5, 2005 New York

I'm going staying at scribner hollow went last year cant wait! If anyone else is going and wants to trade some stuff I'm doing. Live in cuse and have lots of genny bock hahah

5. ColdOne

Beer Trader

I haven't stayed at the Scrivner since I injured my wrist in the grotto post-TAP. Y'all be careful now!

6. RandomBattle

RandomBattle Aspirant (231) Jun 25, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

This will be my 4th year attending. I really enjoy it and its a lot of fun.

7. jrgratz

jrgratz Initiate (137) Jan 14, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

ill be there

8. makisupapolice14

where is everyone else staying? ^jr headed to cosmic charlies for a beer or two afterwards haha?

9. sandman3479

Beer Trader

Yeah, where do people stay for this?

10. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,165) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Will be there Saturday only this year. Have a place to crash, but can't do Sunday so...

11. sandman3479

Beer Trader

Got room pal???

cavedave likes this.
  12. Kiniey01

Kiniey01 Disciple (393) Feb 3, 2007 Texas

Is anyone from NYC going up on the charter bus on Sunday? I'm in town on business starting on the 21st for 7 weeks and thought TAP NY might make a fun day trip. Just bought a bus/festival ticket, but will be by myself so was hoping to find a few people to hang out with.

13. 3HeadsBrewing

3HeadsBrewing Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 New York

14. makisupapolice14

Sweet! The brewery lists includes a vast majority of invited breweries with many more additions from last year. We are very excited for this fest

15. BeerTwigs

BeerTwigs Disciple (321) Jan 8, 2009 New York

Definitely going... this has been my 5-6 year. A LOT of new NY breweries which is always exciting. This is one of the best weekends of the year...

16. cavedave

Beer Trader

Anybody noticed that there are now 61 confirmed breweries? Sloop will be there and if no one is familiar with these guys I would recommend an early stop by on Saturday as I bet they will have a cask of something good! Rushing Duck, Peekskill, Crossroads, and Cortland are also gonna be my first stops.

sandman3479 and ColdOne like this.
  17. ColdOne

Beer Trader

Sloop. Thanks for the tip. Peekskill will be one of my first stops, one of my middle stops, and one of my last stops.

How about a last call BA meetup at Shmaltz? I love to end the fest there for a heavy, strong sample or two.

cavedave likes this.
  18. sandman3479

Beer Trader

All great choices Dave.

19. ColdOne

Beer Trader

Weather Channel app says high of 52 next Saturday at Hunter Mountain. I'll take it, but I'd bet it's even warmer. TAP Saturday always seems to be glorious.

20. yankeepride

yankeepride Disciple (373) Jan 16, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Asking if I'm headed to TAP is like asking if I'll be alive again this year. My wife and I take a bus trip with a beer club out of Gaslight Brewery (brewpub) in South Orange, NJ every year. Agreed on hitting Peekskill early, everything I've heard about them is that they're going to blow up soon. One of my favorites every year is Brown's Brewing and their session whiskey porter. So much flavor in a low ABV beer.

Flashy and ColdOne like this.
  21. ColdOne

Beer Trader

BA recommends consuming at least 6-10 drinks per day leading up to a festival. I'm starting my training with a Founders Porter, then busting out the Brooklyn Silver Anniversary that's been chilling in the fridge.

Who's training with me? It's like The Biggest Loser, but we're drinking beer. And winning.

sandman3479 and yankeepride like this.
  22. bayridge27

bayridge27 Initiate (137) Dec 3, 2009 New York

I like the Silver Anniv. It was better than expected actually.

23. ColdOne

Beer Trader

I'm really liking it, especially as it warms up. I'm not so good at reviewing beers yet, but I'd say it's nice in a subtle way. At first I thought I didn't get my money's worth, but you know what? It's pretty smooth and nice.

24. cavedave

Beer Trader

Everybody remember, lotsa water, and we always heavily bacon and cheese it up beforehand. Gonna be a lot of great beer and we all will do better if we can drink what we want and still enjoy them. I haven't been able to "train" properly this week at all, but hope to try some of every beer I enjoy.

Also, hope the food is as great as it was last year, def. the best year yet for food quality and quantity.

Will look for BA's at Schmaltz at the end of day, think we'll be a foursome, maybe bring a bottle or two of my own NY beer to share.

25. makisupapolice14

I'll plan for the BA meet-up at Schmaltz as well towards the end of the day sat.

Anyone else staying at scribner hollow? It'd be cool to have a few beers afterwards on sat and/or sunday

26. yankeepride

yankeepride Disciple (373) Jan 16, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

The food theme this year is "best of" - the favorites of past TAP events.

27. cavedave

Beer Trader

Remember to say "Swordfish" to Adam or Justin. You will be rewarded. I tried this beer, it is fucking delicious!!!!

28. makisupapolice14

All checked in and ready to go. See you all there! Anyone doing anything special post fest tonight? Apparently Chatham brewery is throwing party with a band here at scribner hollow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.