1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

TG Assassin 2019 Release 3/30

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by dbhammel, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mdg164

mdg164 Initiate (71) Mar 28, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I assume everyone knows, but all the tickets for assasin eve in Decorah are on sale.

JJ_17 likes this.
  2. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (441) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota

Brewery will be open to the general public all day, you don't need a ticket to visit. There will be a "barrel-aged beer section" though for ticket holders only during your session time.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  3. mdg164

Trader

Which day... Friday or Saturday?

4. DMaCATO

DMaCATO Initiate (159) Dec 19, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

Where?

5. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (441) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota

Saturday, the day of the event

6. mdg164

Trader

Each location’s Facebook page has details. Some send you to ticket sites like Eventbrite, some you just call and make a payment. I can’t guarantee they are all still available, but they were as of yesterday. I will be having lots of Assassin. :-)

#86 mdg164, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    DMaCATO likes this.
  7. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,155) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Silver wax it is.

JJ_17 and FourFingers414 like this.
  8. ebe2023

ebe2023 Initiate (49) Apr 19, 2016 Illinois

I’ll be at C&C Friday.

bgrzywa2 likes this.
  9. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (5,686) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Has there been any discussion from the brewery, or just conjecture here at least, of what Term Oil is, particularly compared to Assassin, or just generally as to the recipe variation? ABV seems to be right around the same at least.

I've had Term Oil and Assassin in drastically different venues drastically different times of the year, but they seem very comparable to each other.

Either way, I really enjoyed it.

PS sorry I posted here just realized there wasn't a base Toppling Goliath thread...

#89 Sabtos, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    jaysker95 likes this.
  10. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Aspirant (224) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Any info or link for more info on how they're operating that weekend? I know they've hosted shares in the past but I can find anything on them. I know @DecorahNM used to work there and has helped out for events like this even after leaving.

11. wildcatdotdotdot

wildcatdotdotdot Initiate (85) Jul 22, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Was wondering about this as well - got a ticket for the Assassin draft Friday night. Would be dope if they hosted a share on Saturday, perhaps after all the Assassin sessions are over in the afternoon.

12. mdg164

Trader

I just got an email saying that Dixie’s has refunded my ticket price. Apparently they are not doing a ticketed event anymore. This was by far the event I was looking forward to the most, this really sucks.

#92 mdg164, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  13. BarrelAgeMe

BarrelAgeMe Initiate (31) Nov 18, 2015 Nebraska

If anyone has a hotel reserved and cant make the event for some reason, please let me know. Looking for a room Friday and Saturday

ebe2023 likes this.
  14. Dehnc2

Dehnc2 Initiate (76) Jan 5, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

There were still some rooms available in Decorah as of an hour ago.

15. BarrelAgeMe

which hotels?

16. Iddhtoomuch

Iddhtoomuch Initiate (16) Dec 29, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

Question for the group. I have two tickets for my wife and I for session 4, but we'll need to have our 19 month old with us (wife won't be drinking). Will we be able to get our bottles and hang out at the taproom with the little one for the session? Or will it be too crowded?

17. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST Aspirant (211) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

You should be fine....its a massive space with 2 levels.....will be hard to find quiet area though if they need to take a nap. #NoCrabbyKids ......hahaha....and if the weather keeps up it might be in the 60's by that time and the patio space could be open as well....

18. Spewlander

Spewlander Initiate (78) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Just made reservations at the Country Inn for Saturday night and they still have a couple rooms left. Not sure about Friday though.

Zombie_Dust likes this.
  19. ebe2023

Event infor for Assassin Eve is on their FB page. I don’t see any info about the Saturday share, but for sure they’ve done it in the past.

20. SudsSavant

Trader

I'm assuming they've got their page set to private then since the only one I can find looks generic and contains reviews from other people:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Courtyard-Cellar/1059750574067605

Mind sharing any details from there for those of us that still holding out on Mr. Zuckerberg?

eppie82 and ECOBOOSTINST like this.
  21. BarrelAgeMe

yeah I saw the Saturday rooms, thanks... No dice for Friday though. Think I am going to stay in Des Moines on Friday then cruise in early on Saturday. Still going to be a bit chilly, but I am going to bring a tent for Saturday night. Save the hotel cash for beer :slight_smile:

22. JJ_17

JJ_17 Initiate (170) Apr 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Did anyone else make a reservation with Mabes for Assassin eve over the phone? I called and they took my info, including CC info but I didn’t see the charge hit. Anyone else have this experience? In general, I don’t like giving CC info over the phone, but Assassin...

23. eppie82

Trader

I did that for Assassin 2018 release, and everything worked out. I don’t know when they charged but my name was on their list (which they highlighted) once I got there and got my Assassin pour. If you’re concerned, just don’t give them your debit card. Credit card is easier to dispute suspicious charges and it’s not going to create havoc with your personal bank account.

JJ_17 likes this.
  24. JJ_17

JJ_17 Initiate (170) Apr 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

For sure. Good advice, you never give debit. Thanks man.

25. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Aspirant (240) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

We brought our kid to the MD release with no problem. My wife's friend was there as well with her kid in a stroller. No issues at all.

26. eppie82

Trader

For those that bought the Assassin tickets in-person at the taproom, does your ticket have 'Purchased By: (your name)' only or does it have 'Purchased by: (your name)' and 'Ticket holder: (your name)'?

27. ebe2023

Late on the reply but Friday at C&C $23 gets you 5oz pours of Assassin, King Sue, and Mosaic pseudo sue plus a snifter. Any remaining will be sold Saturday and at the bottom it states “please no bottle sharing”, assuming they mean both days.

28. ebe2023

Update to my previous post. C&C just updated and said there will be a share on Saturday. Starts at 11am and it’s 10bucks for a wristband to participate and includes a glass.

Thrillhouse82 and scifan87 like this.
  29. SudsSavant

Trader

Thank you for this, just what I was hoping for.

If anyone knows of any other shares going down and is open to random internet outsides joining, let me know. That's one of the biggest reasons my buddy has been wanting to make this trip.

30. BaronVonJager

BaronVonJager Initiate (37) Sep 13, 2016 Iowa

It only says "Purchased by:" which was whatever name you put in the credit card field. We used my credit card twice, but we called etix right after that and they changed the name.

eppie82 likes this.
  31. Zdarby11

Zdarby11 Initiate (66) Oct 29, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

you will be just fine, we will be there with our 16 month old and 8 year old. For KBBS last year, our daughter was 13 months and we brought her with and sat at a table with a couple that had four kids with them. since the crowds aren't very rowdy during the day, its not a bad environment for kids IMO.

32. BaronVonJager

BaronVonJager Initiate (37) Sep 13, 2016 Iowa

I'm staying at the Super 8 on Friday and Saturday. I have some barrel aged beers from Iowa and would be interested in trading for any stouts, sours or ipas that I cant get in Iowa. Message me and we can work something out. I'll also bring some stuff to crack open if they have a bottle share in the lobby.

33. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (87) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Will also plan on a good size share at Super 8 Saturday. I'm still looking for my bottle opener from last Assassin at Super 8.