Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

TGB Barrel Chalice

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by texasdrugaddict, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

Just letting yall know that Toppling Goliath has a online merchandise store that just opened last week and they got a really cool snifter for sale.

[​IMG]

http://www.tgbrews.com/site/

Site is a little confusing but click on the red box in the top corner and it will open up the store.

I got mine, so getting em while you can.

2. dc55110

dc55110 Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

FYI
    The glass pictured is not the glass they are shipping. Make sure you read the fine print:

TGB Barrel Chalice

Buy now
    Description
    13oz TG Brews Specialty Belgian-style chalice. Features TGB "barrel banner" logo in pearl white.

It's still a great glass.

texasdrugaddict likes this.
  3. texasdrugaddict

Yeah I read it is white. Kinda looking for it. The white should show better with stouts and porters ,but thanks for pointing it out. I know some people would probably miss that.

Now I just got to get my hands on some more TGB beers, I have only ever had one.:(

4. dc55110

Beer Trader

Outside of growlers, the bottles are hard to come by.

5. Luckytiki

Luckytiki Jul 15, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I haven't had any, so I'm waiting to get the beer before the glass (and maybe holding out for a Psuedo Sue shirt)

They seem to rotate through different colors. Does pearl white just mean white? Because when I think of pearl white I imagine something that's got some iridescent sheen.

6. texasdrugaddict

Just got them in and its just a plain white,there is no pearl to it. still love the size and shape. The white is gonna show off great with stouts in them.
    [​IMG]

7. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

This is correct! The black logo was for sale at TG during the KBBS release. They sold out fast that day. White logo is now the only one that they have for sale.

8. dc55110

Beer Trader

Actually they no longer have the white glass. Currently they have a gold lettered logo chalice available.

9. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Wow TG goes through glass fast!

10. jegross2

jegross2 Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Gold?! Crap. I have silver, white and black already...how much of the different color madness will i cave into!!

11. Luckytiki

Beer Trader

The TG online shop is closing due to underwhelming response… so if anyone wants something shipped you better get on it by the end of the month!!!

12. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

The white-letter glass is sold out, but they have a gold-lettered one ($8) that they describe as a "chalice" although the pic looks the same as the white-lettered one.

13. dc55110

Beer Trader

The current glass is identical in shape and size to the other three releases of the glass (Black, Silver & White lettering) it just has gold lettering.

14. jegross2

jegross2 Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

And buy your glasses now, they're shutting down the online store cause you guys aren't buying enough of their amazing stuff. I blame everyone but me.

15. Luckytiki

Beer Trader

I do blame you for not reading my post from earlier this morning though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe