Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

The Angry Chair Thread

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by BKnarr, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Branderson922

Branderson922 Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2013 Illinois
    Subscriber

i stopped in just before closing, was told by the bartenders that 24 people have already queued up. they were setting up their chairs in the parking lot as i pulled away; and more were walking up with chairs in the alley
    as much as i would like to go, can't say i'm willing to camp out over night.
    i guess i'll be taking my chances with the online sale

2. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (342) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

The anniversary party at AC has always been great because it's chill and not crowded. This demand and lining up is ridiculous though. I wonder if the lines would be like this if there was no bottle attached to the ticket.

If I were AC I'd go back to online sales, why deal with the headache of in person lines

3. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Meyvn (1,335) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Good Luck! Tickets to that Rad Beer Event earlier this year sold out in 1/4 of a second.

iTunesUpdates and VABA like this.
  4. graydon_gems

graydon_gems Initiate (184) Sep 16, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Walked up at 8am this morning and was 25th in line. 3 spots left for the first session as of 27 minutes ago

5. lionelhutz23

lionelhutz23 Initiate (192) Jul 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

My buddy went at 9:20 and was number 30 or so in line. See everyone there.

jloomis likes this.
  6. Mindflow

Mindflow Initiate (157) Jul 9, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

Can't believe they lasted so long today. It's like the Saturday #'s scared people off on Sunday. See yall during the online sale.

7. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (124) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

8. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (141) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

Except that article is about the 4th death that occurred this morning. :slight_smile:

Lare453, dsigmon and Sabtos like this.
  9. Mindflow

Beer Trader

Numerous rumors point to the serial killer getting shut out on Anni tickets...which may have been cause for latest murder.

10. FrankenMiller

Beer Trader

Oops.... Wow... that must be really scary for the people that live in that area. I know we were all scared shitless when Danny Rolling was killing people in Gainesville in '90

11. MJS08

MJS08 Aspirant (257) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Supporter Subscriber

Killed a guy who fed the homeless and hungry every Tuesday. There were cops all over the area, and the response was quick enough they are sure they have a good perimeter set up. Bringing in the dogs.

12. FrankenMiller

Beer Trader

Someone posted on FB that SWAT and FBI are going door to door.

13. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

Can a dog pick up spent gunpowder?

14. graydon_gems

graydon_gems Initiate (184) Sep 16, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

About fucking time..

15. Blazer06

Blazer06 Initiate (172) Jun 30, 2008 Florida
    Beer Trader

I know they did this after the last murder as some friends I know in that area had them come by and ask to look around. They also have been going into abandoned homes to check.

16. NGT_TPA

NGT_TPA Initiate (136) May 23, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

I heard they may have a release this saturday...not sure if it's true...keep your mornings free

17. Mindflow

Beer Trader

See yall at the early session :sunglasses:

18. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,320) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Depends on what they are trained for... tracking is usually for people. This guy would have a strong odor in theory. Tampa’s k9 program isn’t great though.

Bomb dogs will just alert and not follow the scent of an explosive they at trained to identify, similar to drug dogs.

MJS08 likes this.
  19. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

Thanks. You, I believe, have law enforcement experience. I don't. They have this guy on video around 2 of the 4, and suspect him in the other 2. After following the story and watching an army of police, deputies, troopers, FBI, and who knows who else, come up empty, I am beginning to believe the creep is pretty good at what he does. His day is coming, though. The sooner the better, as he seems to like this evil crap so much, he'll do it again.

Lare453 and johnyb like this.
  20. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (1,549) Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

If the guy really is a serial killer then they should be building a profile on them. My fear is that it's actually some sort of gang initiation or thing somebody started doing on a dare. Most serial killers have a type where this individual just seems to kill whoever is around. They probably hunt where they know and are comfortable. A lot of cops they brought in probably don't have that same knowledge. If patterns hold strong they will get more brazen and bold as time goes on. In some ways this has already happened since one victim was found days later in an abandoned lot while a later victim was found shot in the middle of the street.

21. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

This is not about beer, and it is not about AC, except that their business, and others, are affected by some creep. Hopefully, this story will be coming to the end of the line. I have one bottle left of Big Popinski, and it will be cracked if it is the end.

http://www.baynews9.com/news.html

22. slander420

slander420 Initiate (154) Jul 12, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

23. mrjones7114

mrjones7114 Initiate (105) Mar 2, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

What's Big Popinski? Super secret Wakefield Angry Chair collab?

Viclovescourtney likes this.
  24. Sphilups

Sphilups Initiate (117) Dec 15, 2016 Florida

Big popinski?

25. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/32409/214235/

Good stuff.

I am watching, as I type, the Tampa Police Chief reporting at a presser, someone named Donaldson is being charged with 4 counts of murder. The mayor just said: "Goodness has won". Amen.

Lare453 likes this.
  26. Lare453

Beer Trader

Now we wait for the copy cat...

27. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

Ouch, Bobby. Two minutes for roughing.:disappointed

Lare453 likes this.
  28. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (3,580) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Pretty sure Florida has no shortage of gun toting citizens--it's a bit odd in light of such a heavy policing effort that McDonald's caught the serial killer. Details are weirdly absent, it doesn't seem like they're even trying to publicly link this guy directly to the killings, besides just saying "look, we got the guy. Believe us." What's the connection?

LennyRubio likes this.
  29. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

His gun matches the casings from all 4 scenes. His cell phone records place him at the scenes at the times of the shootings. The clothes in his car match the 2 videos. It's pretty locked up he did the shootings. But the "why" is unclear. Son of business folks. Went to St John's in NYC. Was a walk on basketball player. No trouble in the past. But, with all that, he worked at McD's. Gave the gun to a co-worker to hold, said he was going out of town soon, left the restaurant, co-worker gave the gun to a cop who was there eating. He had some company waiting when he returned. Then he cooperated with cops. Sounds like he had enough, so he made it easy. Better than a shoot out, I suppose.

FrankenMiller likes this.
  30. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (3,580) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I had read 4 different articles and didn't see any that confirmed those details. Good to know if true.

Always the burning question, and rarely ever answered in a satisfying way, at least in the recent long list of American atrocities.

31. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

32. Blazer06

Blazer06 Initiate (172) Jun 30, 2008 Florida
    Beer Trader

Great news for the community. Sadly things will never be normal again for the victims' families but hopefully the community can get back to normal life. This definitely has had huge impacts on the residents and the businesses. If you are in town for the Anniversay party then consider eating and drinking around there. Many awesome places and your business will be greatly appreciated. It's been a rough few months for the businesses with slow season, Irma, and then this shithead terrorizing the neighborhood. Many of those employees live in the neighborhood, so on top of being scared they also are going to work at night and haven't been making all that much.

Back to beer. Angry Chair kicks ass! Happy Anniversary!

33. wjbent

wjbent Aspirant (275) Sep 24, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

From social media posts, looks like the 3rd Anniversary bottle is BA Peanut Butter Marshmallow Popinski...

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry likes this.
  34. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (141) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

Surly looks like it. Wish I would have been able to get a ticket online.

35. Lare453

Beer Trader

As for why,

Sounds like a mental break or illness. Right age for it to happen as most males are diagnosed with and develope them in their early to mid 20s. Im sure his parents spent some coin on getting him scouted and recruited to a college to play ball. Younger brother goes to a pricey private school. Went to a good college, graduated, and now works as a low level McDonald’s employee. Something happened there during or after college. Doesn’t make sense.

This is all speculation though.

LennyRubio and MJS08 like this.
  36. MJS08

Supporter Subscriber

Kind of like the Vegas shooter. Something happened somewhere along the line. They interviewed a life long friend and he never saw anything like this in him. He got fired from a good position for excessive AWOL. Got to agree, something traumatic happened to trip the evil. He graduated from St John's, so he's no dummy. Unless he cracks, we may never know.

37. Lare453

Beer Trader

Looks like the interview lasted several hours based on the time he got arrested to the he time he got booked. We will know as soon as the investigation is done.

38. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (342) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Pumped to see that AC will release the remaining BA PB popinski bottles beyond the scope of the anniversary attendees. Hopefully that cuts profit of the people that are attending the party to sell their bottles. And also just glad there is more for other people to enjoy.

39. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (107) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

Not that much more it seems.

And while great in theory...what's to stop those wanting to profit from going back for more?

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.