1. TomCat11

TomCat11 Devotee (495) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

To keep within the new guidelines, this new TBC thread has been created. Feel free to post any related Answer news here. Anything from upcoming releases, events / festivals, questions, etc.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  2. TomCat11

Trader

An has been named a James Beard Award Semifinalist for the 2nd year in a row.....

Outstanding Wine, Spirits, or Beer Producer
    An Bui, Mekong and The Answer Brewpub, Richmond, VA

3. adschal1

adschal1 Initiate (21) Dec 7, 2018 Ohio
    Trader

Here's a follow-up to a recent question I asked in the old thread. What's the shelf life on a typical Joose crowler? A couple days....a couple weeks....a month?

4. TomCat11

Trader

That's a question still up for debate. The Answer may say drink sooner than later to avoid any possibly explosions from refermentation of the fruit but I have not seen much talk about exploding Crowlers recently so maybe they have that more under control. One of the admins on the Q&A fb group responded to this question a few weeks ago on that page and said,

"At minimum a month, at maximum who knows. After a month some get a little weird and others are perfect, but worst case on the long term is usually just a loss of carbonation"

I'm not patient enough to keep beer that long so cant accurately answer but some have held onto Joose for months and had no issues when opening while others have had different tastes, loss of carbonation and even some have exploded either during storage time or it spewed when finally opened.

5. montman

montman Disciple (391) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

Yeah, I mean they are crowlers so - no disrespect to the excellent Answer staff - but they can't all be filled exactly perfectly. Some variation will occur, there is no perfect max time frame.
    The longest I had one was a little over 3 weeks and it had very little carbonation left. But that was quite awhile ago, they may have improved now. Like Tomcatt, when I bought them, I usually drank them fairly quickly.

TomCat11 likes this.
  6. LoonarEclipse

LoonarEclipse Initiate (40) Feb 4, 2017 North Carolina
    Trader

As someone who had one explode due to refermentation and ended up with pineapple pieces all over his sink...I’d say keep them cold constantly and drink them ASAP

7. adschal1

adschal1 Initiate (21) Dec 7, 2018 Ohio
    Trader

Cool, thanks for the responses here.

TomCat11 likes this.
  8. TomCat11

Trader

Anyone planning to be in Tampa next week An just mentioned their plans for those looking to get their Answer fix....

Here’s our schedule for next week
    - Tuesday
    Collab with Calusa

- Wednesday

Hidden Spring Ale Works
    Collab and mini tap take over
    - Petty AF
    - Glyco Technician
    - Colonel Angus
    - Jinxy Cat)

- Thursday

Collab with Late Start Brewery

- Friday

Mini tap takeover at Dirty Shame in Ybor City
    - Triple 3 Scoops: PMP
    - Glyco Technician,
    - Jinxy Cat

- Saturday

Huna Day at Raymond James Stadium
    - Glyco Technician
    - Colonel Angus
    - Jinxy Cat

9. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Initiate (147) Nov 8, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

I land in TPA at 8:15 Wednesday night. If you could save me some at Hidden Springs that'd be great

10. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (178) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Met An and the crew at Cigar City on Friday. Great bunch of guys. I was able to score a GIANT Battletoads glass and a buddy got a Ninja glass. Then at Huna Day An saw us walking by and decided to get us drunk. Kept handing us Joose and stouts to drink. (we dont stand in lines lol)

TomCat11 likes this.
  11. trat

trat Initiate (51) Oct 24, 2007 Virginia

When do they release the joose crowlers normally and how do they announce it? Thanks

12. Dark_Scarecrow

Dark_Scarecrow Devotee (407) Jul 19, 2018 Virginia
    Society Trader

Currently, the Joose crowlers are available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. This is a standard schedule and to my knowledge is not announced.....just posted on signs inside the brew pub.

13. TomCat11

Trader

What @Dark_Scarecrow said. You can check their taplist on Untappd each day to see what Joose will be available as they typically update it a hour or so before opening at. Different Joose gets put on as things kick throughout the day so it could change slightly and the taplist is not updated online as things do. If it's later in the day when you arrive you could also post in the Q&A fb group asking someone to post a pic of the current taplist. Joose typically lasts all day and very rarely does everything kick unless An or someone else is out of town.

Dark_Scarecrow likes this.
  14. trat

trat Initiate (51) Oct 24, 2007 Virginia

15. TomCat11

Trader

The Answer takes down Side Project, Veil, Other Half, Tree House and then Monkish to wing the USA Today Ultimate Craft Beer Bracket!

Fan-based voting and it did not appear there were any limits on how many times one could vote but pretty dominating performance every round. Goes to show just how passionate Answer fans (and the Q&TA group) are.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/the-answer-wins-ultimate-craft-beer-bracket

[​IMG]

Macsimus likes this.
  16. Chroma914

Chroma914 Initiate (93) Oct 13, 2006 Pennsylvania

Hey guys - looking to stop in on a Saturday evening for dinner with the family in a few weeks while I pass through Richmond? The Answer allows small children (1 year old), correct?

17. TomCat11

Trader

Definitely. The inside is big enough and often loud enough that the sounds of kids, even a 1 year old, is drowned out by everyone else. Even bring food in for them if you like and cant find anything on the menu for them (if they are eating solids). I often bring mine when I go and it's never been an issue with me (or them) receiving bad looks from others. I would bring their food with me since it took forever for us to find something they liked. The deck also appears to be regularly open as well so if it's a nice day you can sit outside.

Chroma914 likes this.
  18. TomCat11

Trader

The Answer will be closed on Easter Sunday......Because of this they will be doing Crowlers on Saturday this weekend.

They also put a new stout on earlier in the week and have it available for Crowlers @ $13.50. A straight forward, no adjuncts, base 11% Imperial Milk Stout "At The End of The Day"

19. TomCat11

Trader

A few news beers added today...

[​IMG]

Trythevealchild likes this.
  20. TomCat11

Trader

JOOSE list per the 1:31pm Untappd update. Assuming this should be pretty accurate to what will be available at opening. See the full taplist here.

Looks like they will nice selection available (at least for opening) for those that may be in town for Day 1 of Veil's anniv week.

[​IMG]

Trythevealchild likes this.
  21. TomCat11

Trader

New collab beer tapping today at Noon.

[​IMG]

22. TomCat11

Trader

Anyone planning to visit this week, staff advised NO JOOSE on Tuesday since An is out of town. The last of it kicked yesterday so none on draft either until he returns.

23. TomCat11

Trader

JOOSE has returned to the taps for anyone wondering.

24. TomCat11

Trader

New stout (collab) available for Crowlers today at 4pm.

Fam Gotta Eat (10% Imperial Milk Stout) - With the homies from Dancing Gnome, we brewed, an Imperial Milk Stout with Hazelnut Coffee and Vanilla. When the fam was in town from the Steel City, we had to make the most of our time, one beer wasn't enough, yinz know better!! Wafting with warming notes of roasted hazelnuts and coffee. This beer coats the tongue with bitter chocolate and is rounded out with a silky, almost creamy mouthfeel from the vanilla beans. As said by the real O.G., when you're here, you're family!! EAT UP FAM!
    Limit 2 per adult @ $20 each

Macsimus likes this.
  25. TomCat11

Trader

New beer + glass release today, Friday March 24th. Glasses will be available starting at 4:20..
    We’ve got a B-I-G P-O-P-P-A special release goin’ down FRIDAY 05.24.19- you’re gonna wanna get down with these deets, so listen up!! Ya crew run-run-run brewed up a special collab with Black Ninja Design

Dank White, King of New York - She’s a Juicy boy 8.6% DDH with Columbus for expressive dankness and balanced with the luxurious tropical aromas of Motueka and Idaho Gem
    Beer release begins at 12pm.
    We have *limited* special labels available 2 per person- UNTIL THEY GONE!!

GLASS INFO
    - 4 glasses available per person @ $10 per glass
    - tickets will be dispersed at 4:00, and the glass sales will begin at 4:20 SHARP!
    **opposite side of glass has the Black Ninja Design and The Answer logos in red.**
    [​IMG]

Macsimus and Trythevealchild like this.
  26. TomCat11

Trader

New colorway in the new style tall boy can house glass available today at (Noon) open...

27. kingsuect

kingsuect Initiate (34) Oct 6, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

their stuff is only sold at their brewery?

28. TomCat11

Trader

Kegs of their IPAs make it out to places from time to time but not very often. In general their beer and merch is only available from the brewery. They don't sell any merch online other than what shows up randomly on Black Ninja.

29. TomCat11

Trader

No JOOSE available tomorrow, June 11th, draft or Crowlers. An is out of town and he's the only one with the magic formula to know how to mix it up.

Should be back flowing on Thursday.

30. TomCat11

Trader

Anyone in Williamsburg on SATURDAY, Precarious Beer Project is releasing their collab w/ The Answer at their Beer Hall Grand Opening....I'm not sure their wording of the limits to make sure people can get their hands on it is quite true. Probably should dial those back to 1pp if they really want to make sure as many as possible can snag it. People will be maxing out for sure so gonna be gone in a blink.
    This Saturday at 4pm for our grand opening, we will release our first Beer Hall collaboration, “One Bad Cookie” Imperial sticky stout with 120 lbs of fortune cookies, brewed with our friends at The Answer ! Smooth, roasty, full bodied and pleasantly sweet with underlying flavors of butter cookies and some magical top notes. Case run was limited so there will only be about 20 cases available. There will be a limit of four 4pks per person to make sure more people can get their hands on this beast.

[​IMG]

Macsimus and needMIbeer like this.
  31. JonB25

JonB25 Defender (600) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Society Trader

Planning on visiting Thursday June 19 around opening. Looking for any and all help. Available
    Crowlers, Do people to trading, if so suggested forum. Thanks, bringing some JREAMS

32. TomCat11

Trader

"Questions and the Answer" group on facebook if you are on it. Yes. They do post trades quite frequently. Since you would be IP then you should easily have someone take you up on some JREAMS

The Answer will update their taplist (on Untappd) Thursday morning so you'll know what to expect in the way of house beers, Joose, Andalls for your arrival.

Dark_Scarecrow and needMIbeer like this.
  33. JonB25

JonB25 Defender (600) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Society Trader

Thanks

TomCat11 likes this.
  34. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Crusader (724) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Looks like they adjusted limits and it will be 2x Four Packs per Person.

35. TomCat11

Trader

Good move. And doubled total count to “about 40 cases”

needMIbeer likes this.
  36. TomCat11

Trader

Anyone heading to The Answer today.....power outage. They will open (and pour beers) at 12:30. Food service at 1pm.

37. TomCat11

Trader

TODAY 06/21/19: Shrinkage, our collaboration stout with Burley Oak will be released at noon. This decadent liquid features Chocolate, Marshmallow, Coconut, and French Vanilla Coffee and clocks in @ 11% alc. by vol.!

- We will be releasing 150 crowlers, limit 2 per person, @ $20 per Crowler

- Don't worry, we aren't going to make you drink it out of your hands. We will be releasing 100 of these beautiful Black Ninja Design designed Shrinkage collab glasses, limit 1 per person, @ $20 per glass.

[​IMG]

38. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (251) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

That's pretty funny.

One of my favorite all-time shows.

TomCat11 likes this.
  39. TomCat11

Trader

No JOOSE will be available tomorrow, July 2nd, due to a tragic loss in The Answer / Mekong family over the weekend.

40. TomCat11

Trader

For those who have not heard / read the tragedy that struck The Answer family over the weekend...
    Admired bartender at Mekong apparently drowned during Sunday's Robious Landing Triathlon

And for anyone that may want to donate to help his family. He leaves behind a wife and two young children..
    Pham Family Tragedy Fund
    *** Thank you for supporting the Pham family in this time of need. These funds will be withdrawn directly by Quy’s family who will be responsible for all expenses and dispersal of funds to the family. ***