Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

It also explicitly states the beers are subject to change.
    DovaliHops likes this.
  2. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Dec 10, 2010 California

3. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous May 29, 2010 California

Wait, HS members get to buy 24 bottles of White Oak while we are stuck with a measly 12?!? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus, I hate smoked beers, so this means I'll only get to spend $15 on bruery beers this month, while a white oak and smoked stout loving HS member gets to spend $600 of their annual salary. This injustice shall not stand!
    luwak likes this.
  4. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Jan 2, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

One of the guy's I trustee for bought a bunch of Sour N Rye's. He would of broke even and saved on shipping costs if he bought locally.

I'm excited about the imperial Loakal red and any the collab with beachwood sounds great. Julian really nailed the smoked saison, the stout could be something great.
  5. vacax

vacax Jun 3, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

I haven't had the smoked stout but potentially it has potential for a massive smoke bomb. Seeing how it will have some local distribution my inclination is to buy one and see what I am getting into. Even if I dig it, I need to like it more than Smoking Wood before I go on a purchase spree here. That or it is the next Bar Fly, wales bro!

Speaking of Beachwood, nobody on BA has noticed the waels that is Barrel Aged Full Malted Jacket. 160 bottles madwaels.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  6. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Hey, I think I just produced the next whale - a 120 bottle run brewed in my hot tub called WhaleBait - a tasty smoked anchovy porter with a hint of octupus. This will be perfect trading material; the walez won't be able to resist it.
    SwillinBrew likes this.
  7. vacax

Beer Trader

Sounds like walechum for sheezy
  8. SHODriver

SHODriver Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

I love beer but I can think of better things to spend money on than super exclusive beers...
    ehammond1 likes this.
  9. ehammond1

ehammond1 Jul 4, 2008

Yes. Like...anything important.
    luwak likes this.
  10. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Between the lines for citra and CFH, I'll gladly pay 295+ in order to guarantee the beers I want without having to spend 12+ hours of my life (potentially closer to 24 with travel time) in order to just have a chance at picking up some bottles.

HS/RS drama is irrelevant to the decisions as to exactly how highly I value my time, especially when it's time off work.
  11. heatwaves

heatwaves Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

My thoughts exactly. After the Citra release I promised myself that I'd never wait in a shitshow line like that again. I almost broke that promise as I was seriously considering leaving my house at 5am for CFH. So glad I didn't because I would have been shit out of luck and have to make a re-promise.
    DovaliHops likes this.
  12. KevSal

KevSal Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I feel like the only person who actually liked loakal red, I am so stoked about the impy version. I'm surprised it's numbers are so low honestly, I thought we'd have an option to buy a ton (and even see some distro like sour n the rye)

Still excited for my one bottle, hopin to have is with loakal red :)

I'm liking these allocation numbers tho, 3 smoked stout sounds perfect. Also like the heads up of what the distro is looking like for these beers aswell, sometimes it'd be cheaper for me just to buy a bottle locally (or break even)
  13. PeterJ

PeterJ Dec 5, 2012 California

160 bottles? Are you sure about that?
  14. Beerandraiderfan

Beerandraiderfan Apr 14, 2009 Nevada

Nah, I think that's just a blurb in case you want to cellar a beer that they say is best fresh :rolleyes:
  15. vacax

Beer Trader

Trying to look for where that number came from, it may have been what we were told at the brewpub. But yes, I definitely remember the number 160.
  16. PeterJ

Maybe they were referring to the barrel aged version? I would be shocked if they only bottled 160 of them.
  17. vacax

Beer Trader

We are talking about the Barrel Aged version
    ehammond1, eyeenjoybeer and RedBeeron like this.
  18. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

yeah, the regular is out and about in various shops. I picked up two from Bill's over the weekend. Man, I wanna try the BA version.
  19. PeterJ

Clearly, I am half blind. I guess thats what happens when you have beer for breakfast
  20. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

My wife love loakal red, but didn't like the imperial at all.

When they say there is a 1 bottle RS limit and this won't be sold out side of the tasting room, does that mean it will be public sale, just not get distro? Or is it one for RS, but also sold in the tasting room after?
  21. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I doubt it's going to be sold in anything but Hoarders, RS and Preservation. Which already seems like you're stretching it thin. I mean, besides dumping it into Trader Joe's, what more distribution does a bruery beer get besides bottle sales at the tasting room?
  22. jtmartino

jtmartino Dec 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I won't be buying any of these. There's better stuff I can spend my money on, like more Melange 3.
  23. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I know several places that get Bruery bottles. Although it seems the are bottles I only see for public sale in the tasting room or at provisions when it was open that doesn't get distro. How they worded it just sounded like they would also have it for sale at the tasting room to me. I honestly hope it doesn't count as one of our membership only beers.
  24. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Mar 3, 2011 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Provision/Preservation and collaboration beers have never been exclusive to the society - outside of ISO:FT.
  25. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

That beer is so good.
    KevSal likes this.
  26. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Jul 9, 2010 California

I thought Imperial Loakal Red was pretty tasty. It tasted completely different from regular Loakal Red to me. Even my friend who hates the original thought the Imperial version was good.
  27. jtmartino

jtmartino Dec 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

The 2011 Melange 3 at the Initiation Party was one of my top 3 beers of the day. Absolutely fantastic with a little age on it.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  28. stupac2

Beer Trader

I like it just fine fresh. I keep being sorely tempted to buy more, but I have enough as it is.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  29. rrryanc

rrryanc May 19, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

I'm right there with you. Still have nearly a case and a half. It is one of my girlfriend's favorites though...
  30. mattolesh

mattolesh Sep 30, 2007 California

You are correct. There will be a very small amount for sale in the Tasting Room (about 30 cases + unpurchased Society allocations), but this will not see any distribution.
  31. Franch

Franch Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

is an avalanche of RS-only allocations on its way? it seems eerily quiet for march.
  32. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Dec 1, 2011 California

-- Sour in the Rye

-- Chocolate Rain*​

-- White Oak

-- Sans Pagaie​

-- Bois​

-- Bois Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels*​

-- Bois Aged in Brandy Barrels*​

-- Bois Aged in new American Oak Barrels #4 Toast*​

-- Kumquat Sour In The Rye*​

-- Barrel Aged English Barleywine with Portola Coffee* (Name pending)​

-- Blueberry Sour* (Name pending)​

-- Mystery Beer #1​

-- Mystery Beer #2​

-- Tart of Darkness​

-- White Chocolate​

-- Barrel Aged Apricot Strong Ale* (Name pending)​

-- Bourbon Barrel Aged Smoking Wood​

-- Cherry Oude Tart*​

-- Oude Tart​

-- Black Tuesday​

-- Grey Monday*​

-- Melange #1​

-- Bourbon Barrel Aged Autumn Maple​

-- Melange #3​

-- Rueuze​

-- Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings*​

-- Smoking Wood - Rye Barrel Aged​

-- Approximately 8 very exciting Provisions Series releases (1 down, Imp Lokal Red)​

Not sure where Stoutfire goes in there, but yea, my walled is kinda scared that its 3 mos in and only 3 beers from the list are checked off​
  33. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Dec 7, 2012 California

Think stoutfire will fall under the provisions/preservation 8.
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  34. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Dec 1, 2011 California

ok, so 4 taken care of in 3mos out of 33 listed for 12mos. Still, gonna be an avalanche soon.
    thedirtyname likes this.
  35. Franch

Franch Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

36. stupac2

Beer Trader

As long as the avalanche has lots of Chocolate Rain I don't care.
  37. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Not counting the 8 provisions/preservation/collaboration beers, or the two mystery beers, at least 8 of the beers to come have proven themselves to sit around on shelf for at least a month, and in most cases longer than that.

Conversely, there are 11 society exclusive beers to come. For CA residents at least, the exclusives are the only ones you should really worry about avalanching, as anything else will likely stick around long enough for you to spread your purchases out without significant risk of being shut out. I'll play my own devils advocate and speculate that more brewery beers will be hitting distro this year as a consequence (probably intended) of Provisions shutting down, so take that for what it's worth.

To recap, the sky is falling unless it isn't, because 2013 craft beer, bros.
  38. beerman4

beerman4 Mar 22, 2009 California

Have they released the Sour in the Rye with Peaches? I thought that someone said that they had. But I haven't gotten an email from The Bruery stating that they had been released for pickups.
    Callmecoon likes this.
  39. stupac2

Beer Trader

That's bizarre, I haven't heard anything about shipping either that or Griffon. I feel like they should've shipped by now.
    Callmecoon likes this.
  40. HopHead84

HopHead84 Nov 29, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Did anyone receive their shipment from GSO for the Sour in the Rye with Peaches allocation, and if so did the Bruery include the 2 bottles we paid for with our Hoarders membership in addition to the additional bottles purchased? I got my shipment but it didn't have the 2 bottles included in the membership cost. If there was some separate section to pay for those to be shipped with the allocations it wasn't evident to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!