The Bruery's 2014 RS/HS Allocation Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by heatwaves, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrotstein

mrotstein Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 California

Sucréversary Tix just went on sale. Just bought 2. Really excited to see the taplist for this event.

2. craftehbrew

craftehbrew Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2013 California

Or Xata was delicious! I've had more than 5 bottles

3. PlinyTheYoungest

PlinyTheYoungest Zealot (603) Jun 30, 2009 California

I really hope if Old Fashioned wins there isn't any cherry in it.

DougOLis likes this.
  4. heatwaves

heatwaves Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2009 California

I would have agreed until I had Haven's Old Fashioned.

5. ubiq3000

ubiq3000 Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2013 California

Do these tickets usually sell out quick?

6. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2007 California

We do not anticipate selling out of tickets for this event. The venue can easily hold more than 1.5-2x the number of people that we realistically attend the event.

Scottie_A25 and ubiq3000 like this.
  7. Acropora

Acropora Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 California

To be honest, I've never had Or Xata from the bottle but when I had it on tap, I don't think I could asked for a better mimicked horchata beer. It smelled of vanilla and cinnamon and the taste came off creamy and sweet. Lots of people are complaining about it being sweet-- What were you expecting? Not all beers are meant to be balanced. I don't think the Bruery was aiming to make Or Xata a balanced beer that fit everybody's palate but rather a beer that reminded you of a horchata, and for me, that's exactly what it did.

Also, this is one of the only beers that my girlfriend drank that didn't lead to a weird face or a ridiculous comment like, "That tasted like vomit" (every Bruery sour she has ever tried).

8. PlinyTheYoungest

I haven't had Haven's version so I don't really have an opinion on it, though I think I'll need to go try it soon. In general the only fruit I like in my Old Fashioned is an orange or lemon peel.

thatinvisibo and CAbeerCAbeerCA like this.
  9. mrotstein

mrotstein Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 California

Can you tell us what will be on tap?

10. PlinyTheYoungest

Today they are pouring a beer they've called El Pirata Cofresí: Sour in the Rye aged on pineapple purée with coconut, coconut milk, and pineapple juice added. Sounds like a piña colada beer if there ever was one.

11. ubiq3000

ubiq3000 Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2013 California

At the tasting room?

12. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

"our piña colada inspired sour ale"

So, considering the Hoarder's survey will they be previewing the other options over the next few weeks?

13. Acropora

Yes. If you want more info like this, sign up for the news letter they send out every week.

http://www.thebruery.com/tastingroom/

14. PlinyTheYoungest

I had only seen their tweet, which made no mention of piña colada.

15. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (1,032) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

I think the bruery is getting a little too whacky (for lack of a better word) with their beers. Pina colada, or xata, stout aged in cocao nibs with hazlenuts, coffee on bourbon barrels, etc. Or maybe they've always taken this approach and it's just that my taste in beer has come back around, but I find myself preferring well-crafted basic 'simple' beers to these crazy concoctions and blends they've been making. They seem to make very few traditional styles these days (or has this always been the case with the bruery?)

I'm really looking forward to the Three Floyds collab, hoping they hit a homerun with that beer.

16. Acropora

"You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take. Even though there is only a 1-5% probably of scoring"

-Wayne Gretzky

17. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (1,032) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Wayne must have failed English class, I think he meant probability.

KevSal likes this.
  18. Acropora

Or I had a brain fart when typing it out. DOHH! I'll leave it unedited for the world to see.

19. Buck86

Buck86 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2011 Washington

Sorry slightly off topic

I have one extra ticket to the HS Melange 9 party this Sunday at Noon (friend bailed) if anyone local is looking to attend BM me. Taplist includes:

M9
    Winefication
    Bois - French Oak
    HS blend runner up (there is a thread in the forum that says what these were)
    HS blend runner up #2
    Filmishmish

and food provided by Beachwood BBQ. Also includes Hoarders Society taster glass.

$30 but would likely be willing to trade it for beers.

LMK, cheers

20. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

I should have known that they'd be pouring Winefication back when I committed to something else. Damn, wish I could make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.