The problem high ABV beer (e.g., RIS): Delicious, but 330-500ml gets me too drunk!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by BCurious, Jul 12, 2017.

1. BCurious

BCurious Initiate (111) Jul 11, 2017 Australia

Sometimes all you want is a taste. Maybe they need to bottle in those little Chinotto bottles...

2. hawthorne00

hawthorne00 Initiate (130) Nov 23, 2010 Australia

I used to like those nip bottles too - 180 to 200 ml was good as long as freshish. But a couple of people to share with or a bar that does trays of tasters would be ideal, but those stoppers you can get at bottles shops can be good too. Indeed, if you find carbonation typically a little excessive for strong beers you might find the next day better.

BCurious likes this.
  3. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (8,308) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I can't believe an AUS started this! I thought all you guys did was get drunk and beat each other up... ?

(kidding!)

4. machalel

machalel Aspirant (280) Jan 19, 2012 Australia

Yeah nah mate, sometimes we beat each other up and then get drunk... :p

Soke and EvenMoreJesus like this.
  5. BCurious

Did they use to do nip bottles? I wonder why they discontinued them.

I'm a hopeless Aussie. Haven't had a brawl for months. Probably why I like the Yank brews. ;)

6. BCurious

Did they use to do those nip bottles. That would be good - I wonder why they discontinued them?

I'm a hopeless Aussie. Haven't had a fight for months. Probably why I like those Yank brews. ;)

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.