The Rare Barrel Bottle Release

Discussion in 'US - West' started by Rotero24, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotero24

Rotero24 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2013 California

All Founder's members received an email stating that SKUs Me is finally going to be available for sale next week. At the moment, looks like each founder member is guaranteed 1 bottle. If any extra bottles are leftover, then the rest will be sold at the brewery next week. I wonder what the value on this would be in ISO/FT forum...

2. rob133

rob133 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2009 California
    Deactivated

value......who cares? drink it already!

3. Rotero24

Rotero24 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2013 California

I know..it is very tempting since they have it on tap all the time

4. rob133

Deactivated

So what is the value of a bottle from a brand new brewery who have been pouring for a month or so?

5. leprakhan

leprakhan Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2009 California

Idk, it has the word "rare" in it and it's been in a barrel. It must be worth someone's cellar

6. HopHead84

HopHead84 Poo-Bah (3,802) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Society Trader

7. Paccamacca

Paccamacca Zealot (594) Sep 15, 2012 California
    Trader

I've already been hit up by a number of people DESPERATE to get their hands on anything TRB puts out, and this was before the news about the SKUs me bottles...

8. Reappropriated

Reappropriated Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2013 California

I would imagine that it will be harder to get because of the one bottle limit. I know that I will be drinking my one, so unless someone got a membership just to trade, I dont see a lot of these being traded. Also it has RARE in the name, so it has to be good, right?

9. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

It sounds as if SKU bottles may make it to public sale based on the email. They said members get first dibs, but it's not member exclusive. Does sound like a very small batch either way.

10. Aaronkv

Aaronkv Initiate (170) Jul 9, 2013 California
    Trader

I emailed questions about this release. This first run is 500 bottles total.

11. HopsintheSack

They mention how many members there are?

12. Paccamacca

Trader

My rough guess is not more than 300, judging by the number of people at the two Founders welcome events and the number of Founders growlers they had in the fridge for collection...

13. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,376) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia

Definitely trade your bottle. This hobby is all about speculation.

14. Paccamacca

Trader

Ah, and there was me thinking it was all about drinking the beers you love. So, if you happen to be in a position where you've had a certain beer several times before, you like it but you have the opportunity to trade it for a bottle of something different you'd love to try and will potentially love even more, you shouldn't do it? Makes sense.

15. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,376) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia

I wonder about a lot of things that I don't post on the interwebs.

nanobrew and rob133 like this.
  16. rob133

Deactivated

Naaa It's all about hyping beers, beers that don't need hyping, but hype them anyways. Thats what it is all about.

Hype
    hype
    Hype
    and then hype some more, you know it makes sense.

17. rob133

Deactivated

actually, it's worth $20, so$4$ seems reasonable, or if it is a case of "you've had a certain beer several times before" sounds like a perfect extra doesn't it.

I'll bypass the hype thanks all the same. When I get extra's I'll go with the above philosophy an not the entitled approach to beer, think that's a better option.

Who wants to trade? Reality or hype, pick a side...

18. Aaronkv

Trader

Easily purchased my lone bottle. Wish I could make it up there on Saturday to try for another. Good luck to those who do!

19. Reappropriated

That was too easy, I think this is negatively going to affect the trade value of the bottle.

HighWine likes this.
  20. Aaronkv

Trader

Yea, I may actually have to drink my bottle.

21. baycat

baycat Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2008 California
    Deactivated

Easy purchase. Already traded mine for a BVDL, or was it a sixer of Nugget Nectar

afrokaze and Crawfordesquire like this.
  22. DOTU

DOTU Initiate (124) Feb 11, 2011 California

Bought my bottle and planning for pickup, maybe getting another bottle if available, and also getting my growler on Friday.

23. HopsintheSack

Very easy purchase and a great price.

Anyone know if the next founder growler fill is only for the two days they have listed on the website? Hopefully not.....

24. DOTU

Twitter feed says that Wise Guise will be the founder fill for this weekend. I don't think there is any further info, but I am guessing that they will have a different one on next weekend given it is beer week.

25. Rocket80

Rocket80 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

Just ordered my bottle - I'll be stopping by for the first time on Saturday after the DIPA fest, can't wait! Hopefully the crowd is manageable.

26. baycat

baycat Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2008 California
    Deactivated

They are only open those two days.

27. falc0n2600

falc0n2600 Initiate (167) Apr 28, 2010 California

So they may have SKUs Me bottles available to the general public on Saturday?

28. chcfan

chcfan Zealot (563) Oct 29, 2008 California

According to the email, they believe so
    We expect to have a small amount of bottles that aren't sold online to Founders tomorrow, and those will be available for purchase by anyone in the Tasting Room this Saturday at 2PM, with a limit of 1 bottle per person

29. HopsintheSack

I understand that, more curious if they will take that keg off founder fill after that weekend as opposed to keeping it on each weekend until drained.

30. colonelforbin

colonelforbin Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2007 California

Bottles will not be available for pickup until Saturday.

31. DOTU

That blows, but thanks for pointing it out. I see it in the email now. Why wouldn't they make them available on both days they are open this week?

32. chcfan

chcfan Zealot (563) Oct 29, 2008 California

It's been a different one each weekend since they started filling, hasn't it?* Maybe they'll continue that trend to not have too much of a run on a any single beer.

edit: * BTW, I'm asking/confirming, not trying to be snarky

33. HopsintheSack

I thought SKUs Me was on more than one weekend. I'm not a local though and could be wrong.

34. rob133

Deactivated

It has been different each weekend, Shadows of Their Eyes, Proportional Response and then SKU's Me - Wise Guise appears to be up for this weekend

HopsintheSack likes this.
  35. mattdbh

mattdbh Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2009 California

From their Facebook

SKUs Me bottles (blend #001) are available for sale in the Tasting Room this Saturday at 2PM!

We only have about 200 bottles available, so they will be available on a first come first serve basis with a limit of 1 per person per day. Each 750mL bottle is $20.

It might rain, so we will open up the brewery early and let people wait inside and stay dry if you decide to come early

36. Reappropriated

No one has talked about this beer in three days, I can feel the trade value dropping. I may just have to drink it, imagine the horror.

afrokaze and rob133 like this.
  37. HopsintheSack

I had a growler of it this last week. Even after being in the mail for a few days it was pretty darn tasty. I'll be drinking my bottle for sure.

38. obiwan

obiwan Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2013 California

Just letting you guys know, I left about an hour ago and they still had 20-30 bottles.

39. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Initiate (0) May 18, 2010 California

Bottles sold out when I stopped by around 5PM to try Batch #1. Got my two earlier in the afternoon after maybe a 40 minute wait in line (one Founders, and bought an extra).

Definitely going to trade one, debating what I want to do with the other, as it's on tap every weekend.

40. Paccamacca

Trader

They told me recently that it will be "months" until growlers are available to the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.