The return of Koko Buni

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ndepriest, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

On tap at the brewery tomorrow and cans (4-packs) should be hitting shelves in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to buy a case of this the first time I see it.

BensBottleShop and inspektor like this.
  2. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (154) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

@ndepriest or any GA members, how does distro normally look for this? Heading to kennesaw on Monday, any shot for me? I've heard good things, would love to bring some GA beer home with me. Ya'll seem to be crushing it.

3. ndepriest

Trader

I don't think Koko Buni will be out yet. You might be able to find some other stuff. Athena cans might be available and probably Tropicalia on draft.

fritts211 likes this.
  4. mondegreen

mondegreen Devotee (442) Nov 4, 2009 Georgia

Koko Buni was draft only last year. This'll be the first can release outside of the core lineup.

fritts211 likes this.
  5. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

Could I possibly find this when I pass through Savannah in a few weeks?

6. mjk91383

mjk91383 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2014 South Carolina

given the popularity of tropicalia, i doubt that this will sit on shelves for any extended period of time.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  7. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

Wow I just looked up their BA account, it would seem if I could get a handle of anything it would be good.

8. emr25

emr25 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Georgia

Highly doubtful on finding any in Savannah. We just got Athena cans last month and they are the first Creature Comforts cans I've seen in the area. Tropicalia has been on draft down here on occasion, but never in cans. The best chance for Koko Buni in Savannah is probably draft at Hops & Barley, Whole Foods, World of Beer, The Distillery, or Crystal Beer Parlor.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  9. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

From both brewery and distro reps, this won't be an easy beer to get. I think most accounts will be enforcing limits and even then if it's anything like Tropicalia cans you'll need to be at the store when it arrives. Should make for a lot of interesting stories though.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  10. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Good luck finding it.

Expect 4 pack limits or even dare I say 1-2 csn limits at some accounts.

11. itsmetimd

itsmetimd Initiate (45) Jan 28, 2009 Georgia

I talked with the Atlanta rep today and he said kegs will hit next week and cans are still a few weeks out. I think about a month ago they said late December to early January so it sounds like that's still on track.

This beer will fly off shelves. On other forums people are asking about availability daily. This should be fun.

12. ndepriest

Trader

I don't this will be that difficult to obtain in Athens, but I do imagine Atlanta will be a different beast.

Good thing the brewery is about 3 miles from my house. :slight_smile:

13. ndepriest

Trader

Also, according to Creature Comforts, it should start hitting stores this weekend. Happy hunting!

14. ndepriest

Trader

^kegs at least.

15. itsmetimd

itsmetimd Initiate (45) Jan 28, 2009 Georgia

I heard a rumor that a keg may tap at a shop in Atlanta today but was told by the rep that it would definitely be next week, and a few more weeks on cans. I don't know what to believe anymore.

16. ndepriest

Trader

That leaves only one logical solution. We'll just all have to find a bar to camp out at until it taps. :wink:

itsmetimd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.