The Veil Brewing - Richmond

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Arsenal_MC, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldn00b

oldn00b Champion (890) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia
    Trader

Definitely thought they did a great job with it myself. Great beer, no lines, pleasant people, a "tasting" glass I'll actually use again, nice food included... I'd go again next year in a heartbeat.

If I had a complaint, and I'd be reaching for one, it would be the sessions could have been just a bit longer. I got to try everything I hadn't had before but had to skip a few in the end due to time.

Kanger likes this.
  2. TomCat11

TomCat11 Zealot (543) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Tomorrow's releases just posted. Veil is going to start confusing people with the Idont.... series

~INFO FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY AUGUST 30TH'S CAN RELEASE~

Thanks again for all the support this weekend for Forever Summer Fest and the after party. Next year we hope to make it bigger and better. Apologies for the delayed info regarding the can release tomorrow. Here is the info for the 3 brands we will be releasing tomorrow in 16oz/4-pack cans beginning at 4pm:

- Master Shredder-5.5%-our beloved flagship IPA. This beer is a staff favorite. Juicy, bright citrus forward. This batch is very nice! Shooting for 160-180 cases; $13+tax/4-pack; NO LIMIT.

-Never Again-4.9%-Gose w/raspberries. Never Again is a Gose with Pink Himalayan salt and a ton of raspberries. Almost 700lbs/100 gallons of raspberry purée was added to this 15bbl batch. It's just insane! The aromatics are incredible. Smells just like fresh raspberries. Probably the cleanest kettle sour we've ever produced. Perfect level of acidity. We are beyond thrilled and proud of this beer. Shooting for 90-100 cases; $16+tax/4-pack; 3x 4-packs per person limit.

-IdonteverEVERwanttoBU-9.3%-Double Dry-hopped 0 IBU DIPA with Citra and Mosaic. This one is literally cray cray. Almost 9lbs/BBL total hops used on this. It's hands down the most hops we've ever put in any beer. The hop presence on the aromatics and flavor profile on this one is unparalleled to any other DIPA we've released. Due to the amount of hops we had to use in this one, we will most likely not be brewing this one again. If we do, it won't be for a very long time. Make you sure you grab this monster while you can! Shooting for 170-195 cases; $18+tax/4-pack; 3x 4-packs per person limit.

Whatever cans are left on Wednesday August 31st will be available with NO LIMIT.

We still have Jeune(single barrel young spontaneously fermented ale) on draft too!

oldn00b likes this.
  3. oldn00b

Trader

I'm glad you mentioned that - I only saw the pic on FB and just saw it as just Idontever. I guess it's another 3D can too.

TomCat11 likes this.
  4. Kanger

Kanger Zealot (521) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Yeah I work with Other Half, so I very surprised when I showed up thinking I would have to pour all day just to see volunteers manning the booths. So I got to sit back and drink and eat and enjoy the day!

oldn00b, dsigmon, TomCat11 and 2 others like this.
  5. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Initiate (165) May 3, 2013 California
    Trader

We had a great time at the Forever Summer festival. Barely a line, abundant beers, and the air conditioning was appreciated. Another shout out to @Shilt for the IP trade and a ride to the fest.

Not surprisingly our favorite beers were from Veil, Ocelot, Trillium, and Answer. We hit up Answer after the fest and had their whole slew of Andall beers which were mind-blowing. That Big Kahuna with Maple... holy christ. Stopped by Hardywood for a couple beers and was impressed how much space they now have after not visiting for a few years.

Hit up Veil again for the after party, then went back to Answer for more IPAs, Andalls, and some Ramen. Veil, Answer, Hardywood, Veil, Answer. What a day!

6. TomCat11

Trader

All 95 cases of Never Again sold out in under 90 mins. Limit was 3 per

7. TomCat11

Trader

Can availability posted going into today's (Wednesday) 4pm opening. Veil will be CLOSED tomorrow for a company outing

- IdonteverEVERwanttoBU - $18+tax/4-pack; approx 50 cases left; 6x 4-packs/NO LIMIT (144 cases sold yesterday)
    - Master Shredder - $13+tax/4-pack; approx 44 cases left; NO LIMIT (136 cases sold yesterday)
    - Never Again - SOLD OUT (95 cases sold yesterday)

8. oldn00b

Trader

I was just scanning FB and looks like you were right as usual. Some posts of people claiming they didn't know it was a different beer. I don't know the people but pretty sure one is usually #1 in line and didn't even realize it was everEVER. Might explain why they didn't sell more of that on Tuesday and had so much left going into opening yesterday.

9. TomCat11

Trader

Can availability going into today's (Friday) 4pm opening

10. Darwensi

Darwensi Initiate (177) Sep 7, 2007 New York
    Trader

Stupid question: I know they dont have growler take away, but what about crowlers?

11. oldn00b

Trader

They do pre-filled crowlers sporadically and announced ahead of time. For instance, they've been doing them on 3rd Thursdays with small batch releases. They've done it a few times on Saturdays with whatever's on tap at that time. And they did it once with about 50 crowlers pre-filled on a can release day (again a small batch). They do not do this on demand though - if they haven't said they'll have them available on FB don't expect them.

12. mblackie

mblackie Initiate (97) Sep 19, 2010 California

Anyone from charlottesville area picking up some IdonteverEVERwanttoBU? I'm down in Asheville this weekend and can get some Winked Weed, Burial or fonta flora. Shoot me a message.

13. Darwensi

Trader

ok thanks

14. fire34fighter

fire34fighter Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Virginia

15. TomCat11

Trader

4 cans coming up this Tues. First one has been announced.

- Toof Toof Ache Ache: shooting for 190-210 cases / NO LIMIT

16. Crim122

Crim122 Aspirant (238) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

Ever any cans to buy on a saturday ?

17. montman

montman Devotee (419) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

[

18. Crim122

Oh well! At least i'll be able to try it on tap in a few weeks when I am in RVA.

19. oldn00b

Trader

It really depends on the week. This being a 4 can release it'll likely be a 600+ cases Tuesday, they'll reliably sell 400+ and in the past something usually hangs around to/through the weekend. Like Monty said, whatever is most popular will most assuredly be gone though.

Looking at what they're dropping this week (4 cans - Personvl Spvce, Toof Toof Ache Ache, and Child Support w/ Amarillo announced so far), I'm waiting for that 4th can to be something sorta huge, like a return of Dirt Nap or I've heard rumors of Crucial Crucial Aunt Aunt.

20. TomCat11

Trader

Releases for today...
    Toof Toof Ache Ache is the double dry-hopped version of our beloved 6.3% IPA Toof Ache. We are super stoked on how this turned out. Hopped intensely with Simcoe, Mosaic, and Columbus. We also added a bunch of organic orange juice to the kettle. We even increased the amount of juice added slightly in comparison to standard Toof Ache. The intent wasn't to be an orange juice bomb, but it is incredibly juicy! Apricots, tangerines, grapefruit pith, soft, incredibly juicy and DANK! Super resiny and intense, in your face hop hop aroma and flavor from the double dry-hop addition. We're super amped on this one. Shooting for 190-210 cases. $14.50+tax/4-pack. NO LIMIT.

Personvl Spvce
    is an 8.5% 100% Galaxy double IPA. Whoa! This is straight up pineapple, tropical juice in your mouf hole. I want to bathe in this nectar. Just sayin'! Shooting for 175-195 cases. $15+tax/4-pack. NO LIMIT.

Child Support is our 4.5% Hoppy Pilsner. It is definitely not an IPL, but more of a hop forward Czech style Pilsner. We decided to make Child Support a single hop beer to showcase particular varietals. For the third version, we decided to use Amarillo hops. A semi-hefty whirlpool edition and lightly dry-hopped. We're supper stoked on how this one turned out. The Amarillo version is the most reminiscent of a Czech style Pilsner, but has just enough of that dank, citrus character that we love so much here at The Veil. Shooting for approx. 95-110 cases. $13+tax per 4-pack. 4x 4-packs per person.

Step Step Dad Dad is the double dry-hopped version of our 8.5% DIPA Step Dad Chaperone hopped exclusively and intensely with 100% Mosaic hops. This one turned out insane! Probably one of the most expressive aromatics and flavor profile we've released. Notes of peach, tangerine, papaya, subtle dankness, melon, and juicy, resiny good good. Due to the double dry-hopping process, we didn't get the best yield. Shooting for approx 80-95 cases. $16.50+tax per 4-pack. 3x 4-packs per person.

[​IMG]

21. Darwensi

Trader

how are the lines on release day? do I need to get there before opening to have access to all cans? does the line move pretty fast?

22. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (341) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

You don't usually need to get there early. The yield for Step Step Dad Dad sounds low so that will probably sell out today, its possible you would need to at least get there shortly after opening to get some. The lines are usually only 50-60 people deep when they open at 4, and its usually gone within an hour. The line usually moves fast, and its mostly on their premises so you can drink draft beer in line too.

23. Darwensi

Trader

Niceone thanks.

24. HopHead32

HopHead32 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 Maryland

Drove by probably around 10 people in line at 1:45

25. TomCat11

Trader

Final release numbers just posted.

~INFO FOR TODAY TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 6TH'S CAN RELEASE~

Beginning at 4pm, we will start the sales of 4 brands in 16oz/4-packs. Here is some info on the 4 brands:

-Toof Toof Ache Ache-6.3%-double dry-hopped IPA with Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus, and orange juice($14.50+tax/4-pack; approx 190 cases; NO LIMIT)

-Personvl Spvce-8.5%-100% Galaxy DIPA($15+tax/4-pack; approx 180 cases; NO LIMIT)

-Step Step Dad Dad-8.5%-double dry-hopped Mosaic DIPA($16.50+tax/4-pack; approx 80 cases; 3x 4-packs per person)

-Child Support-4.5%-Hoppy Pilsner 100% Amarillo($13+tax/4-pack; approx 90 cases; 4x 4-packs per person)

Any cans left over from today, there will be NO LIMITS on them starting tomorrow at 4pm.

Here's today's draft list:

-Crucial Taunt-8%-our flagship Double IPA(limited supplies)
    -Lil' Kitty Boi-4.8%-Simcoe IPA
    -Never Again-4.9%-Gose w/raspberries(VERY limited supplies)
    -Master Shredder-5.5%-our beloved flagship IPA(limited supplies)
    -Child Support-4.5%-hoppy Pilsner w/Amarillo
    -Step Step Dad Dad-8.5%-double dry-hopped 100% Mosaic DIPA
    -Personvl Spvce-8.5%-100% Galaxy DIPA
    -Toof Toof Ache Ache-6.3%-double dry-hopped IPA with Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus, and orange juice

26. montman

Trader

Bummed I'm going to miss this one, fwiw for those going, Step dad chaperone was one of my favorites they did, assume the DDH version will be great as well.

27. jfstilling

jfstilling Devotee (442) Oct 9, 2011 South Carolina
    Trader

New cans sound pretty good, hopefully I can scoop a 4pk or 2 thursday when I come to Richmond for the 1st time! Honestly, how man ppl come and get 10-20 cases once they lift the limits?

28. beernuts

Trader

Most of their beers don't have limits to begin with and they usually last til the next day. Step Step is sold out.

#788 beernuts, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    jfstilling likes this.
  29. TomCat11

Trader

What's left for Wednesday... 431 total cases sold yesterday
    - Child Support: 38 cases left; NO LIMIT (52 cases sold yesterday)

At the very least you will probably be able to walk away with Child Support when in town tomorrow. I could even see TTAA may even make it through the day today. Just don't hold me to that.

jfstilling likes this.
  30. TomCat11

Trader

Looks like you are in luck today, @jfstilling .

- Personvl Spvce - SOLD OUT
    -Toof Toof Ache Ache - approx 28 cases left; NO LIMIT
    - Child Support - approx 24 cases left; NO LIMIT

~ Crucial Taunt-8%-our flagship Double IPA(limited supplies)
    ~ Lil' Kitty Boi-4.8%-Simcoe IPA
    ~ Master Shredder-5.5%-our beloved flagship IPA(limited supplies)
    ~ Child Support-4.5%-hoppy Pilsner w/Amarillo
    ~ Step Step Dad Dad-8.5%-double dry-hopped 100% Mosaic DIPA
    ~ Personvl Spvce-8.5%-100% Galaxy DIPA
    ~ Toof Toof Ache Ache-6.3%-double dry-hopped IPA with Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus, and orange juice

jfstilling likes this.
  31. jfstilling

jfstilling Devotee (442) Oct 9, 2011 South Carolina
    Trader

Sweet! I'm on the road, be there in a couple hrs!!

32. beernuts

Trader

Can we talk about how good Personvl Spvce is? I think maybe its the best beer they've brewed, and I'm partial to lower-abv single IPAs.

33. TomCat11

Trader

Two beers coming on Tuesday. From the wording of the posts I'm not picking up hints of a new can. Of course I could be wrong.

- Master Shredder: shooting for 120-150 cases. Won't be returning for a few months. (Note: the mention was regular Shredder would not return anytime soon.
    - Can #2: ???

34. TomCat11

Trader

2nd can is The return of Broz Night Out

35. Crim122

This is going to be a really dumb question. But the stuff they can, does it ever get tapped? Because I am going to make a day trip to RVA on the 24th and going to stop here.

36. dsigmon

dsigmon Devotee (451) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

If you literally just looked up a few posts you'd answer your own question...

montman and The_FishermanJay like this.
  37. TomCat11

Trader

Yes. Everything they can gets tapped. Just keep an eye on their social media pages. They do a great job keeping everyone updated as to what their can & draft situation is

Crim122 likes this.
  38. montman

Trader

I liked Personvl also, but for me, it wasn't even the best can of this release. I guess I'm a sucker for Mosaic. I enjoyed them all from this past week.

39. TomCat11

Trader

Veil posted info for today's release...

Beginning at 4pm, we will start the sales of 2 brands in 16oz/4-packs. Here is some info on the 2 brands:

-Master Shredder-5.5%-our beloved flagship IPA($13+tax/4-pack; approx 150 cases; NO LIMIT)
    -Broz Night Out-9%-100% Citra DIPA($15+tax/4-pack; approx 190 cases; NO LIMIT)

Friendly reminder-this will be the last time standard Master Shredder will be available for 1-2 months minimum. Make sure you stock up while you can!

-Lil' Kitty Boi-4.8%-Simcoe IPA(limited supplies)
    -Master Shredder-5.5%-our beloved flagship IPA(FRESH batch)
    -Child Support-4.5%-hoppy Pilsner w/Amarillo
    -Step Step Dad Dad-8.5%-double dry-hopped 100% Mosaic DIPA(limited supplies)
    -Personvl Spvce-8.5%-100% Galaxy DIPA
    -Toof Toof Ache Ache-6.3%-double dry-hopped IPA with Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus, and orange juice
    -Broz Night Out-9%-100% Citra DIPA[/SIZE]

40. RBowers

RBowers Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Virginia

I lived by the motto that there are no dumb questions until I just read this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.