Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Third Annual Colorado Beer Roundup

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Schmittymack, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Defender (642) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Went to this today and while the setting, etc were great, instead of the 20 to 30 breweries that were advertised, there were only nine: Boulder, Wibby, Post, Tommyknocker, New Belgium, Oskar Blues, Prost, Echo, and Wonderland. Pretty underwhelming to say the least. Having used a Groupon, I can't complain about the cost but if I'd paid full price--or had paid for VIP, I'd be ticked.

Bitterbill likes this.
  2. Schmittymack

Subscriber Beer Trader

...and on a positive note, I did win a $25 gift card from Colorado Keg House by spinning the wheel.

Bitterbill likes this.
  3. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aspirant (229) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

I also went and was very disappointed. 9 breweries actually showing up is a joke. I saw a list and there were over 20+ on there. Curious why so many didn't show up. I also won on the wheel. I have a thing for a free shirt. The old guy telling stories in the stage was so annoying. Only good thing is I live 1 mile from there. Me and a buddy left after a few hours got some bbq at Georgia boys and a pint of luponic distortion #2

Schmittymack likes this.
  4. JakeT469

JakeT469 Disciple (346) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Man, this fest is making WtF? 2015 look like a fucking gem! Didn't hear about this fest and don't know anything about it but having that many breweries "scheduled" and having less than half show up is a goddamn joke! People need to be called out for this type of shit.

Schmittymack likes this.
  5. Schmittymack

Subscriber Beer Trader

And with so few breweries, the lines got long by 2p or so. I found myself wondering "why am I waiting in line for Tommyknocker, Boulder, etc?"

I agree whole heartedly about the story teller...

6. dauss

dauss Defender (665) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

People is referring to breweries or festival organizers? I didn't see a list of breweries that were supposed to be in attendance.

We have to turn down events regularly because some organizers are reaching out weeks prior, but we may have committed to another event at the same date and time several months ago.

It could be that breweries bailed, but more likely the organizers over promised on the event details to try to sell more tickets.

7. rscot231

rscot231 Initiate (180) Mar 11, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Do you recall where you saw the list? I was looking for one once I saw this thread today and couldn't find one with more than 10 breweries on it.

8. rkarimi

rkarimi Devotee (441) Nov 6, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

From a July 18 Facebook posting, breweries that were supposed to be there, but not on OP's list

Left Hand
    Very Nice
    Skeye
    Old Mine
    Pateros Creek
    Fort Collins Brewery
    Beer by Design
    Grossen Bart
    Nighthawk
    Big Choice
    Open Door
    Black Shirt

Schmittymack likes this.
  9. JakeT469

JakeT469 Disciple (346) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Organizers...

10. Fitshaced

Left hand was actually there but the rest on that list weren't..

I have no idea who is to blame I would assume more on breweries imo. If all these guys did commit and flaked then that's terrible. But who really knows maybe they told told organizers a "maybe" and if organizers put them ad going off a maybe then that's on them. But I have no way of knowing what happened. It was just a bummer. If you go to there FB page there are a bunch of people complaining about the same thing and I was one that gave it a terrible rating..

11. Fitshaced

I should really spell check before hitting post, my bad. I do plan on going to the westy beer fest on the 13th. That one looks good and weldwerks is on the list as going

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.