1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

THIS IS ME, IN A BOX BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hophead101

Hophead101 Feb 7, 2007 Pennsylvania

your inbox is full - tried to send you a note. let me know if you want to meet up in belgium - flying out tomorrow and there for 7 days!

2. iadler

iadler Aug 12, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Nice!! I'll clean out the inbox!

3. shrek806

shrek806 Mar 1, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

No I will hold off because one of the food items, which will be fine during transport, will eventually need to be eaten . Cheers enjoy your trip and be ready for when you get back.

4. iadler

Beer Trader

Just got back about an hour ago! Shrek, feel free to send the box when you wish! Also, I need the list so I can choose my target! Thanks everyone for their patience!

5. shrek806

Beer Trader

Awesome, I will ship box #2 next week and email you the list. Hope you enjoyed your trip. I will try to avoid Belgians. Ha ha

6. iadler

Beer Trader

Haha...it was pretty damn sweet. Was able to take visiting Cantillon off my bucket list. Cracking opening a Fou Foune at the brewery for 10 euros was probably the beer highlight for me.

7. shrek806

Beer Trader

Sweet, I'm thinking bitter, sour, dark, and food for box #2.

8. iadler

Beer Trader

Sounds good to me!

9. Hophead101

any updates here?

10. iadler

Beer Trader

Box #2 should be heading out today I believe. Hey Shrek, are you going to include the list in the box or can you message me the remaining participants so I can select my target and send out a box next week?

11. shrek806

Beer Trader

Messages you

12. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

So then there were 5. Over a year later, this is what we are left with:
    Hophead101, PA
    Landrewg, MI
    Huadog, CA
    G311, PA and
    Biglobo8971 who receives last. I would welcome a box from any of you 4, here's to finally wrapping this thing up.

13. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

The longest BIF ever?

14. iadler

Beer Trader

Going to do some research and choose my target tonight.

To my target whoever you may be: I will do my best to deliver some fucking awesome boxes. If you guys could update your wants, that also would be helpful since Im a fan of destroying people's wants list.

15. landrewg

landrewg Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I know this is the eternal BIF but I already got mine and shipped to Shrek about 2months ago.

16. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

Hophead101, PA
    Huadog, CA
    G311, PA and
    Biglobo8971
    looks like I'm getting a PA box, which I am happy to. I can not complain at all of the 3 that are left to send to me. Well worth the wait.

17. G311

G311 Dec 27, 2007 Pennsylvania

I guess I've got a 50/50 chance of receiving next...good luck to you Mr. Orth.

I know whichever one of us gets passed over will take good care of our very patient host.

18. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

I like my chances

19. shrek806

Beer Trader

Box #2 is on its way to MN

20. PhineasGage

PhineasGage Sep 2, 2010 Iowa

I love that I basically get kicked off BA forever ago, come back, and this BIF is still going. I now have the biggest beer boner from all these hauls! When is round 2?

21. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

let's finish round 1 first, as soon as it does, someone else can sponsor round 2.

22. G311

G311 Dec 27, 2007 Pennsylvania

A suggestion if I may regarding the finish. Since we know that either Greg or I will receive next, then Huadog, then whichever one of us PA gents that doesn't get some love from Minnesota, and then finally to you, Lobo...once this next box drops why don't we all start firing out our boxes since we'll know who has who. A grand finale if you will.

23. Hophead101

who's on first?

24. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

I like it.

25. shrek806

Beer Trader

Box #2 has landed

26. iadler

Beer Trader

Just got home and unpacked the monster box! Here is what was inside:

[​IMG]

Brute! (One of my favorite beers, can't get enough of this stuff!)
    Nugget Nectar
    Ghandi Bot (Big fan)
    Ballast Point Victory at Sea (Another great beer)
    Weyerbacher Heresy
    Harvest Moon Heritage Hops Cider (Going to share this with my sister tonight since she is gluten free)
    Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
    Deschute Black Butte Porter (One of my go to porters)
    White Birch Jasmine
    Landmark Imperial Brown
    Deschute Hop in the Dark
    And some smoked meat, marinade sauce and some tasty looking spicy tomato oil

Quite the variety with some east coast favorites, offerings from breweries I've never had/heard of before as well as some other staples. Thanks for all the beer/swag/food Shrek! My fridge is at full capacity now.

27. iadler

Beer Trader

Target has been selected. Brandon, you want me to message you the target? Not sure if it's worth posting hints since it will only being going to 1 out of 2 people. :D

28. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

might as well announce in the thread. It's pretty easy to figure out. Being the fact there is 2 East Coasters and 1 Cali guy left, might as well get this guy finished before I have another surgery.

29. iadler

Beer Trader

G311- you'll be getting some Minnesota love. Planning on sending box 1 next week

30. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

Hophead101, looks like I am your bitch

31. shrek806

Beer Trader

The meat sticks are traditional polish kabozany. The specified marinade goes awesome as an overnight marinade for chicken or beef skewers. The hot Tom wAs featured on diners drive-ins and dives. Heat it and dip Italian bread or cheese and crackers into it. Awesome. The cider is made 10 minutes from my house. Enjoy

32. iadler

Beer Trader

Awesome, thanks for info! Thanks again shrek!!

33. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

don't give him a hard time that Deschutes and Weyerbacher are distro'ed here. That's ok, the marinade makes up for it.

34. iadler

Beer Trader

No worries. I didn't even know weyerbacher was distributed here until I moved back!

35. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

I love seeing Double Simcoe bombers.

36. shrek806

Beer Trader

Waaaaaa. BigLobo is being mean to me. I can't keep up with distro any more. Suck it

37. shrek806

Beer Trader

S
    Right from the brewery

38. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

don't be getting all sensitive on me. There better be some Heresy in my box you're sending me.

39. shrek806

Beer Trader

Oh. Now you want Weyerbacher

40. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

no, I am sublimally telling you to "ship me a box of beer, ship me a box of beer, ship me a box of beer before DLD, ship me a box of beer, ship me a box of beer before DLD, ship me a bos of beer" not saying, just saying. If it's cold, I will rep the tshirt you gave me. If not, I have a special t shirt that you might hear about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe