Three Chiefs x Good Beer Co. bottle release

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by indabebe, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indabebe

indabebe Initiate (110) Oct 26, 2011 California
    Trader

I had the chance to do a collaboration beer with Brandon at Good Beer Co. Santa Ana last year November. Came out with a Spelt Saison recipe that was completly fermented in various wine barrels pitched with a mixed culture of Sacc, Brett and Lacto. One of the barrels came out perfect so we decided to bottle the beer by itself unblended and call it Roble 34. The beer sold out in a couple hours and got amazing reviews on untapped.

So for the rest of the barrels we decided to blend them with Good Beer Co. blonde farmhouse ale. The beer that we made is perfect for the person who drinks SARA, HILL FARMSTEAD, SIDE PROJECT, CASEY saisons and so on. There isnt enough breweries in Orange County making Farmhouse Style beers so we decided to make our own. Hope you guys come out and I think you will like it.

Bottle release is Saturday November 21st @ 12pm $15 a bottle only 500 available. Thanks Guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.thegoodbeerco.com/

pmarlowe, AlexM, Tgilly and 2 others like this.
  2. supertech

supertech Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2015 California

Its about time theres a thread on Good Beer Co. They do make some really good saison style beers. roble 34, a la vorte, saison ana, and that sangria beer with apricots and cherries were all so good. These guys are definately making some great beers in So. Cal. I heard a lot about this Charles guy and see some really crushable beers on his Instagram. Definately, cant get enough wild beers in California.

jcruz_, AndyBrewsBeer and Tgilly like this.
  3. tommy619

tommy619 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2013 California

I'm looking forward to Blend 5. All of good beer company sours are phenomenal especially Roble 34.

Eternal218 and DCLAguy11 like this.
  4. shoyoroll

shoyoroll Initiate (183) Dec 20, 2003 California

I'm looking to pick up at least 4-6 bottles of this if anybody wants to swap. I have had a bunch of beer from Charles Rapadas and Good Beer Co and all were amazing and of HF and SARA quality.

DCLAguy11 likes this.
  5. JPIZO

JPIZO Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

Good Beer Co and Charles Rapadas is no longer a secret... Hopefully I can score the limit on these! So awesome to have breweries producing solid Saison/Farmhouse Ales now in Socal. Lucky to have sampled a bunch of Charles' beers (throws down on every style) as well as the Roble 34 collab... all were enjoyable and on par with the big boys SARA, HF, SP.

DCLAguy11 likes this.
  6. Telly13

Telly13 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 California

Haven't made a visit. This is a good time to change that

7. DCLAguy11

DCLAguy11 Zealot (591) Feb 28, 2014 California
    Trader

All of the beers I've had from Charles have been excellent. This one should be no different.

gregoryG likes this.
  8. Eternal218

Eternal218 Aspirant (238) Mar 24, 2010 California
    Trader

Missed the Robel 34 release and I'm for sure making this one. I keep hearing the same thing from everyone that is that great.

9. hafa

hafa Initiate (64) Jan 7, 2013 California

WOWZA!!!!!! the Roble 34 was so damn good. I wouldn't expect any less from Blend 5. Like JPIZO said was fortunate to sample some of his other brews and all are on point. Would definitely line up for this and put it up with all the other big dawgs. Charles(three Chiefs) x GBC = badass! Go get it before I get yours.

10. Speedoguy

Speedoguy Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2013 California

lots of good vibes in this thread! I'll swoop up some bottles for sure!

11. LumpkinBrews

LumpkinBrews Aspirant (296) Aug 30, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Started seeing a few Good Beer Co. brews at a local bottle shop in the North Bay. White Peach George was crazy delicious. Would love to try Blend 5 and Sangrioro!

12. supertech

I think blend 5 sold out. last i heard there was 4 cases left on saturday. not sure if it sold out sunday. But i reminded me of Bernice, I had it on tap and it was delicious. I maxed out and got 6, opened a bottle and it tasted so much better bottle conditioned. So i went back on Sunday and brought my wife with me and got a case. Im curious to see how well this ages after a few months. No doubt it will crazy good.

13. LumpkinBrews

LumpkinBrews Aspirant (296) Aug 30, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Hook a BA up! :grinning:

14. 3SH33TS

3SH33TS Aspirant (228) Dec 21, 2010 California
    Trader

Stopped by on Saturday. Thought Blend 5 was nice, but found a weird nuance with the aftertaste that I found pretty off-putting so passed on bottles. Definitely like the space and what they are doing, but they have a ways to go before I'd start binning them with HF and SA.

Solid overall (dug Hoppy Oro) and really like the spot and the foundation they have laid there.

15. supertech

Thats the same thing i thought when i hadd DDG batch2 on tap. Then when i tried it out of the bottle, it was a million times better. so whatever sour/wild beer i try on tap, most of the time its so much better. especially when its conditioning for a few months more.

16. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (102) May 6, 2015 California
    Trader

I've had The Good Beer Co. on my must visit list for a while and finally had a chance to stop by this weekend for the first time. I was totally blown away by the experience. All four beers that I tried were great, especially A La Votre. Their tasting room / brewery is also incredible inside. I'm really looking forward to what they do over the next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.