Thrillist: 33 Best Beer Bars

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ONovoMexicano, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Poo-Bah (7,021) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Trader

I've taken a look at Deep Ellum's list before, and it's honestly one of the best I've ever seen- it's got something for every beer drinker imaginable.

Providence likes this.
  2. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Poo-Bah (7,021) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Trader

Follow your dreams, man...

3. YamBag

YamBag Initiate (169) Feb 2, 2007 Pennsylvania

I want to like Max's, but I'm always disappointed with the quality of the beer. I don't feel they handle their beer properly.

4. Mark

Mark Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2001 California

Barcade was cool but I like Muggs Alehouse and 4th Avenue Pub better. Blind Tiger in Manhattan was great.

5. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

Glaring SD omissions. Surely at least one of these bars is in the top 33:

1. Toronado. Either or both. I prefer SD slightly, because that was home base for a few years. Seattle opening up soon.
    2. Blind Lady/Tiger!Tiger! SD.
    3. Churchill's. North County.
    2. O'Brien's.

In MKE, Romans', Palm Tavern, and Palomino/Comet Cafe are all slightly better than Sugar Maple.

6. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (197) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota
    Industry

I had a bowl of Pho when I was there that was excellent. Very fresh ingredients. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in Richmond, VA.

ThatCracker likes this.
  7. dailyminefield

dailyminefield Devotee (472) Jun 13, 2012 North Carolina

Only one beer bar from the Carolinas on the list... their choice is highly debatable.

5thOhio likes this.
  8. supercodes

supercodes Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Maine

I second this. It seems like they tried to make this list as nationally diverse as possible.

9. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (435) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Great list. Best?? No Toranado? Ugtbfsm.

10. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (435) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

[​IMG]
    This place is right down the street from Bailys tap room in Portland and has a real nice tap list of Deschutes beers. I think It may be close to your vision...

11. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (501) Mar 29, 2013 California

Agreed -- visited for a Syracuse v. Maryland football game last fall and spent five hours in Max's. Was a great spot.

12. Brensol

Brensol Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Illinois

How do you have 2 bars in Chicago and one isn't the Map Room?!?!? ERRONEOUS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!!!!

13. DieHippieDie

DieHippieDie Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2012 North Carolina

Not even the best beer bar in Raleigh for that matter.

dailyminefield and 5thOhio like this.
  14. DirtyPenny

DirtyPenny Devotee (402) Jun 25, 2011 Massachusetts

I think the purpose of list articles like these is to upset as many people as possible.

That being said, I have to take everyone's word for everything because I've never been a bar guy and none of my friends give much of a damn about beer. :slight_frown:

15. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2012 Iowa

There are a few around these parts that are BYOB. I cannot testify to the quality of the performers but since the beer, wine and/or spirits list is infinite they are certainly worth a try.

16. 5thOhio

5thOhio Devotee (497) May 13, 2007 South Carolina

Lockview is OK, but certainly not one of the "33 top" in the US. I wouldn't even call it the "best beer bar" in NE Ohio.

17. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

LOL, there is a BYOB strip club about 20 minutes from here and I have joked about having a beer share there

18. Jason

Jason Founder (8,467) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Yawn ... I hate these lists. Where is the data to back this list up? Yeah, thought so ...

19. YamBag

YamBag Initiate (169) Feb 2, 2007 Pennsylvania

Not sure about most cities on the list, but for Philly there's a ton of better beer bars than Monks, but Monks seems to always be the standard bar for these lists.

20. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Aspirant (200) Nov 20, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Sooo...do you have a list? I think the best beer bar is whichever one I am currently drinking in.

21. chcfan

chcfan Zealot (558) Oct 29, 2008 California
    Trader

I was going to say if there's going to be a place where those two things unite, it would make sense that it would be in Portland, given the sheer volume of both beer spots and stripclubs there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.