Tired Hands (March 2017)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by DrinkAnchorSteam, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DrinkAnchorSteam

DrinkAnchorSteam Aspirant (279) Jan 23, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Useful Links:

* Tired Hands on Instagram (can releases usually take place on Wednesday/Thursday afternoon)
    * Tired Hands Brew Cafe
    * Tired Hands Fermentaria
    * Spreadsheet of Tired Hands Can release history made by @BeerTraveler33 (1st tab is Treehouse 2nd tab is Tired Hands)

Hours of Operation:

Brew Café:

HOURS:
    M: **Closed**
    T: 4p–12a (kitchen: 4p–10p)
    W: 4p–12a (kitchen: 4p–10p)
    Th: 4p–12a (kitchen: 4p–10p)
    F: 4p–1a (kitchen: 4p–11p)
    Sa: 12p–1a (kitchen: 12p-11p)
    Su 12p–11p (kitchen: 12p–10p)

Fermentaria:

HOURS (Kitchen):
    M: 12p–11p (12p–10p)
    T: 12p–11p (12p–10p)
    W: 12p–12a (12p–10p)
    Th: 12p–12a (12p–10p)
    F: 12p–1a (12p–11p)
    Sa: 12p–1a (12p-11p)
    Su 12p–11p (12p–10p)

Growler Filling Policy: "Please feel free to fill as many growlers as you would like. In Pennsylvania, each transaction must be limited to 192 fluid ounces. This means that upon receipt, if you would like to purchase more than 192 fluid ounces of our beer, you must leave the premises and then return to pick up additional beer (and then repeat the cycle if you’d like any more beer!).

We will also be opening up for 64 oz growler fills on MOST ALL BEERS. There will, of course, continue to be a few beers that we will not do any growler fills of (one-off kegs, anniversary beers, etc.), but this should be a rare occurrence.

We will continue to fill our branded glassware only, as we are STILL exceedingly proud to put our name on our Strange & Beautiful beer. If this is a very big issue for you, we will be happy to let you “trade-in” any growler for one of ours. Sound good?"

Growler fill Prices
    64 oz:
    $20.00
    32 oz: $10.50
    Glass: $5.00

(prices vary occasionally for higher gravity / limited quantity beers)[/

2. InsuranceGuy

InsuranceGuy Aspirant (262) Nov 9, 2011 Delaware
    Beer Trader

3. DrinkAnchorSteam

DrinkAnchorSteam Aspirant (279) Jan 23, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

that keyboard sound you keep hearing is people typing "ISO" at a furious rate.

4. InsuranceGuy

Beer Trader

A tart triple IPA @ $24/4pk - I'll pass on this one.

Adrena1ine, larryi86 and beernuts like this.
  5. grimey68

grimey68 Disciple (381) Mar 16, 2013 Pennsylvania

Looking at the radar, this should make for an interesting release and some chairs that go missing.

But, based on their track record of overly sweet Triple IPAs, the fact that it's $24 a 4-pack, the inconsistency of HopHands, and the expected weather - this is the easiest pass on a release for me, maybe to-date.

6. InsuranceGuy

Beer Trader

They moved the release to 4p because of the weather. Not sure that's going to help considering the bad stuff is supposed to hit starting around 3ish.

Also - 3 4pks of Secret and 1 Cast of Hop Hands

grimey68 likes this.
  7. JAXSON

JAXSON Savant (912) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I lost interest in today's release when they described it as having "gin-like notes" and saw the 10.2% abv. Sounds super boozy.

On the bright side, they've been putting out some great beers recently (not the Milkshakes). Double Birth, Found a Scythe, and some of the sours on tap at the Ferm especially.

FabreezyNHops and grimey68 like this.
  8. NickCaff

NickCaff Initiate (199) Apr 9, 2009 Pennsylvania

I was disappointed - I just missed out on Rust and decay 2. Hoping it sees bottles

larryi86 likes this.
  9. grimey68

Yeah, that definitely is going to backfire on them. The bad weather should be cleared out by 5:00 easily. I guess there's no
    Couldn't agree more. I know they like to hype-up each release, but what a poor choice of wording. Sounds disgusting.

10. philly224

philly224 Aspirant (213) Jan 30, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Has anyone tried the triple? Debating on if it's worth it.

11. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (2,067) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Beer Trader

Bottles of would amazing, Rust and Decay 2 was great!

12. ericmorgan56

ericmorgan56 Initiate (106) Nov 3, 2016 Pennsylvania

I had picked a 4 pack of the triple and really enjoyed it. I'm not a big fans of the TH IPAs with fruit but this one really works. Def worth trying.

13. NickCaff

Saw on Instagram that Rust & Decay is back on tap.

larryi86 likes this.
  14. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (2,067) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Beer Trader

Just had it again! Definitely doesn't disappoint.

CanConPhilly and NickCaff like this.
  15. Adrena1ine

Adrena1ine Aspirant (226) Nov 22, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Thoughts on most wonderful?

16. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (147) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I have yet to crack a can, but the local beer Facebook groups I'm part of seem to be underwhelmed.

17. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (147) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

They (Tired Hands) just teased a photo on their Instagram of a new label. I wonder if this will be another Sunday release, AND, are regular Sunday releases the new norm?.. (my wallet hopes not)

18. philly224

philly224 Aspirant (213) Jan 30, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I hope so, seems like they have been making the weekday releases a little less crazy lol.

19. makalarch

makalarch Aspirant (287) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

When I got pissy the other week about when they were having releases this is exactly what I was talking about. New norms, old norms, who knows??!!

20. chrisgeb

chrisgeb Initiate (138) Sep 30, 2010 New Jersey

I hope so! No possible way I can make Wednesday releases. Happy if I can travel on the weekend now to get TH cans.

21. jojo2112

jojo2112 Initiate (100) Sep 24, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I prefer the weekday releases, but have no problem with them spreading out the crowds. The yields have seemingly been less but so far it doesn't seem to have made any particular beer more difficult to acquire.

22. Kadonny

Kadonny Meyvn (1,167) Sep 5, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I too like the double release days, definitely cuts down lines....unless it's a milkshake release then all bets are off.

NJNYC732 likes this.
  23. NickCaff

24. thebeers

thebeers Meyvn (1,080) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I've never been to one of these Sunday releases before. What time do people start lining up? Is this a lawn chair thing? Advice appreciated.

25. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Disciple (386) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber

Based on recent history, there's no need to line up for a Sunday release. Show up around 12:30 and you'll get a full allotment with no line.

NickCaff and thebeers like this.
  26. thebeers

thebeers Meyvn (1,080) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Thanks

CanConPhilly likes this.
  27. NickCaff

I can't like this post enough, people need to take a step back from lining up 4 hours early for no reason. Last weekends release lasted easily until almost 4 for extra knuckle

CanConPhilly and thebeers like this.
  28. grimey68

Thought this may be worth fixing ;)

Adrena1ine and CanConPhilly like this.
  29. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (370) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I'm curious about that Brain Teaser. I wonder what, to them, differentiates a blonde ale from a pale ale. Usually I would take that to mean "less hoppy, more balanced", but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

30. makalarch

Subscriber Beer Trader

The difference between a blonde ale and a pale ale is a couple hundred chairs.

Tmwright7, kthoag, pmarlowe and 6 others like this.
  31. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (3,820) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber

Maybe they are using it to differentiate a smaller ABV beer? Or maybe it's not "hazy"?
    Does seem counter-intuitive, since they say this beer has some kilned malt, which they don't normally mention for their "pale" ales.

But nice to see them quantify their hopping rate!

32. Adrena1ine

Beer Trader

Probably will be a small turnout regardless since people went full retard at Sole.

33. makalarch

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yeah I saw that too, curious about the strawberry rhubarb milkshake, I mean smoosh.

34. Adrena1ine

Beer Trader

Everything I have seen so far on Facebook has been positive. It didn't even sell out yet...

35. makalarch

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yeah I'm telling a guy to go back for more now lol. Stay warm everyone who goes to the tired hands release today!

36. mikeydoesit

mikeydoesit Initiate (127) Sep 25, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Some people line up to trade, though so that they don't merely leave with 12 of one beer, they leave with 5-6 different stuff to sample

37. Kadonny

Kadonny Meyvn (1,167) Sep 5, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

No need to stay warm, I walked right in yesterday around 1:00, got my allotment and left. 5 minute ordeal in total. I went over the the Cafe and had a Mago Tago.....very good.

makalarch and thebeers like this.
  38. makalarch

Subscriber Beer Trader

So Alien Church with a different hopping schedule? A different beer entirely?

Rorshak16 and mikeydoesit like this.
  39. Xeal

Xeal Initiate (184) Mar 5, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

I had mosaic mago tago for the first time this past weekend and thought it was great. I never had the original mago tago that was recalled. Did they change the recipe or just the addition of mosaic made it much better?

Kadonny likes this.
  40. makalarch

Subscriber Beer Trader

They still have 18 cases of the blonde at the Ferm. #teambrainteaser

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe