Todd Haug / Badger Hill Collab

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MNHazmat, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNHazmat

MNHazmat Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2008 Minnesota

On WCCO radio right now, Todd is doing a final beer with Badger Hill before leaving, due out in Dec. Sounds like a IPA style braggot with local honey.

2. MNHazmat

MNHazmat Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2008 Minnesota

"Extremely hop forward"

eawolff99 likes this.
  3. dc55110

dc55110 Savant (1,116) Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota

No mention of which ingredient was smoked.

4. KarlHungus

KarlHungus Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2005 Minnesota

What is the original connection between Tood and Badger Hill?

wardpower likes this.
  5. HipHoppin

HipHoppin Crusader (438) Feb 11, 2015 Minnesota

Curious to know the connection. I tried a couple BH beers maybe 3 years ago and they were utter garbage. Never went back

wardpower, TboneRN and eawolff99 like this.
  6. popsicleian

popsicleian Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2004 Minnesota

I've never been to the brewery, but everything I've tried of theirs in cans has been well above average to excellent.

Cfred371, JMN44 and TimJohnsonMN like this.
  7. morimech

morimech Grand Pooh-Bah (3,779) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

Badger Hill's taproom is nothing special and they might only have 1 or 2 beers that are not in cans at the store. I like a lot of their stuff. I think the stout is well worth drinking. I was there a couple months ago when they had their Stone collaboration Arrogant Bastard on. It tasted nothing like Arrogant Bastard and I passed on a full pour. I have heard rumors that they will be doing a collaboration with Cameron Coffee on a beer.

wardpower and JMN44 like this.
  8. Shonkanation

Shonkanation Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2016 Minnesota

I think there stuff is decent. Huge fan that they are only 10 minutes away from me. Find it surprising he would do a collaboration with BH

wardpower likes this.
  9. NIN1988

NIN1988 Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2013 South Dakota

I had this same experience. I had their MSB 3 years ago and it was an utter carbonation explosion mess. That experience turned me off unfortunately and I haven't had anything from them since. Maybe I'll need to give them another try.

10. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Savant (1,014) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

11. dbhammel

dbhammel Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota

I always wrote off BH beers but had the traitor IPA recently and was pleasantly surprised. I'd be more likely to try their stuff as I see it on tap around town. Hopefully this is another brewery finding their stride.

pmccallum86 likes this.
  12. Windvaner

Windvaner Devotee (373) Nov 7, 2014 Minnesota

Again too many damn choices today however I had their Hop Hill Pale Ale this summer and thought it was quite excellent surprisingly. Would give them a try again and would put them ahead of a lot of other breweries in the state.

morimech, JMN44 and TimJohnsonMN like this.
  13. Chaz

Chaz Grand Pooh-Bah (3,544) Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

14. Cfred371

Cfred371 Pundit (759) Jul 14, 2015 Minnesota

I just stopped by the Badger Hill taproom Friday, and really enjoyed their flagship offerings. Traitor, Hop Hill, and the Foundation Stout were all really good. Their specialty taps, a Cherry Dunkel, and peated scotch ale, were also pretty good. Worth checking out.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  15. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST Savant (1,014) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

I went their with my parents about a month back....and if it wasnt for kinda a douche bartender....our experience was good....

16. Bravak

Bravak Zealot (563) Sep 9, 2014 Minnesota

I came home from an overseas posting for the holidays, and was excited to see that Mr. Haug is doing something like this. As for Badger Hill, I somehow happened to be at the tap room the day that Greg Koch was there, and he seemed to have a far different opinion of Arrogant Bastard from Badger Hill. I did not talk to him, although I heard him telling his companion that it was was extremely well executed and that he was very pleased with the outcome. I remember talking to the owner, who was there, and he said that the local Stone people were very happy and complimentary of the outcome.

Everyone has their own opinions, but I feel Badger Hill is among the most underrated breweries in the state. If you haven't been to the tap room, I think you would enjoy a visit. I just had their Tripel, which I found outstanding, and they always have something new on. Those who say they didn't like their beers from a few years ago and haven't tried them since, you might be pleasantly surprised. Everyone has their own personal tastes, but well-made is one attribute I would tag onto them.

Cheers all.

Otis32, TimJohnsonMN and JMN44 like this.
  17. CarolusP

CarolusP Zealot (566) Oct 22, 2015 Minnesota

A pic of HEXIT was posted on Twitter. It looks similar to a NE IPA.

josephwa and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  18. shouldertocry

shouldertocry Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2016 Minnesota

Looks exactly like a Braggot should.

poetpowr likes this.
  19. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

Badger Hill, didn't even know they were still in business.

thatguyfromwork and wardpower like this.
  20. PinManV

PinManV Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2017 Minnesota

Still in business? They are kicking ass! Pumping out super consistent quality beer/super dialed in on their production now.... Picked as one of only 22 breweries in the country to guest brew Arrogant Bastard for its anniversary?? Guest brewer Todd Haug to brew his final MN beer? Little birdy told me some of what's coming for 2017... hang on they are just getting started. ;-)

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.