TomFoolery_x is a great trader.

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by ndepriest, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

My previous thread about TomFoolery can be found easily enough if you want. But what I thought was a lost cause quickly turned into sunshine and rainbows. Keep in mind that all that I sent this guy was a 6-pack of 2011 Bigfoot and a couple of pretty simple extras (so simple that I can't remember what they were). Tom took a while to get a box back so to make up for the time, he completely blew up my porch. I should have known something was coming when UPS said the box weighed 22 points.

I received:

4-pack Daisy Cutter
    2010 World Wide Stout
    2012 Bourbon County Coffee
    FiftyFifty Eclipse Stout (Elijah 12 year, I believe)
    Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout
    Revolution Very Mad Cow
    New Glarus Spotted Cow
    2012 BCBS

Thanks so much Tom. This more than makes up for the lost time. I'm in the middle of moving, but once I get settled in, you can expect some return fire to try to account for some of this insane box. Thanks again.

Shmeal, Rainblows, Dagsy and 6 others like this.
  2. nrs207

nrs207 Defender (660) Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania

Jeez that's awesome. I'd say that definitely makes up for a wait.

3. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,170) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Is this thread a joke? I sure hope so, just because a bad trader eventually comes through doesn't mean they are not a bad trader. Looks like a lot of people on this site will be adding two people to their do not trade list.

BrettHead, tommyz, Shagtastic and 8 others like this.
  4. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

Just when this sub forum couldn't get any wierder, it goes and TOTALLY REDEEMS ITSELF!

5. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Initiate (0) May 29, 2010 California

Someone move this noble man from the bad trader list to the great trader list, stet!

6. jrnyc

Trader

Original bad trader post from ndepriest:
    <<I set up a trade with TomFoolery_x (actually, he solicited a trade after seeing me post in a thread) in January. We were supposed to ship at the same time as we had around the same number of references. I sent a sixer of 2011 Bigfoot along with a couple of extras in exchange for a six-pack of Zombie Dust. After he received my box, he informed me that he wasn't able to make it to FFF but would go the next weekend. The next couple of months went by and all he said was that FFF was always out of ZD. I eventually just told him he could send something in it's stead as I've had ZD before so it wasn't a huge deal. He effectively went silent except to pop in every once in a while to tell about the beers he was supposedly gathering for my box. Well, it's the end of July and I still don't have a box. I would have posted this earlier, but he never logs on so he's not screwing anyone else, at least not under that username. I don't have any way of contacting him besides here and, as I mentioned, he doesn't log on and won't respond to messages.

Long story short, don't trade with TomFoolery_x because he probably won't send you beer. Thankfully it wasn't a big trade so I'm not even worried about the beer. Just thought I would give the rest of you a heads up.>>

7. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

As long as you can promise that it's just cynics like you adding me to their 'do not trade' list, I'd say those are good lists to be on. Take a chill pill.

8. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

Where is the ZD? Ether way still a bad trader.

9. cbeer88

cbeer88 Crusader (716) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Wait. Dude took 7 months to get a box to you that mysteriously comes right after a public outing, and you're ready to throw him on the "good" list? That's very standup of him to actually send you the box, but his rep has a ton of damage to recover from at this point. He should be on anyone's "must ship first" list for a while.

smutty33, libbey, BrettHead and 24 others like this.
  10. jrnyc

Trader

Nope, it will be well established traders who know right from wrong. A great trader sends the agreed upon beers in a timely manner and blows up your porch with extras. This is guy is far from a great trader. You do all traders a disservice by calling this guy a great trader.

11. sandiego67

sandiego67 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2008 California

Can we put ndepriest on the Bad Poster list?

Deltoro, SpdKilz, bramsdell and 6 others like this.
  12. ridglens

ridglens Aspirant (286) Jan 10, 2010 Indiana

he's still a bad trader... but much less of a douche-wagon ass hole.

M1A2, libbey, BrettHead and 5 others like this.
  13. TomFoolery_x

TomFoolery_x Zealot (546) Oct 4, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

I understand that it took way too long for the box to go out but never intended to rip him off/not send a box. I agree, I should have to ship first, and don't have a problem with that at all. I guess none of you have ever fallen on hard times and couldn't fulfill a trade in the timeline gou would've liked. Same for me, I wish the box could have gone out back in Feb but things prevented that, but I'm not a bad trader. Check my references.

Now it is my understanding some of you aren't too find of me, that's all fine and well. I wasn't out on this earth nor did I join BA to please everyone, but your personal feelings have nothing to do with me being a good or bad trader.

I appreciate the patience Nick had with me and look forward to future trades with him and anyone who will have me.

14. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 Alabama

After 7 months??? I better get a fucking delivery truck of ZD....and still wouldn't call him a "great trader"....it might just make up for the ass hurt..........weird how calling someone out makes them come around on the trade THEY flaked on!!!!!

15. xxcarpxx

All this could have been avoided simply by keeping communication open.....

16. CerealKillerKP

CerealKillerKP Initiate (137) May 24, 2009 Kentucky

The thing is he didn't do the right thing because of his own moral code. He did it because he got outed and wanted to save face and maybe thought he could protect his name on the site. His moral development would clearly be Stage 2 Pre-conventional according to Lawrence Kohlberg.

ForkAndSpoonOp and xxcarpxx like this.
  17. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

I guess your reading comprehension isn't up to par. Nick stated he didn't notice the cell phone number I gave him. I don't blame him for it, but the line to communicate was quite open.

18. xxcarpxx

He shouldn't have had to worry about tracking you down with a cell number you gave him......a trader worth the shit would have been sure to keep him the trading partner up to date on what was going on, so they wouldn't have to worry about getting fucked.......

19. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

Good thing I wasn't trading with you then, huh?

20. lucas1801

It is simple complete the trade and communicate Tom. It wasn't on him to contact you it was up to you to keep him appraised of what was up. You sent a nice box, but not even the agreed upon beers yet. IMO you are a bad trader and should be on the list.

21. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

I'm not concerned with being on any list you folks uphold so highly and I have no problem shipping first if I do find myself trading in the near future. I already told Nick, I'm going to send another box in a few weeks to fulfill the original trade.

22. dbc5

dbc5 Devotee (440) Jun 18, 2009 Arizona

You could not be more correct in making the bolded statement. It is not our personal feelings that make you a bad trader....it is the fact that it took you seven months to ship your box.........and that you didn't even send the originally agreed upon beers after that extended wait. It is your bad trading tendencies that make you a bad trader.

M1A2, BrettHead, Bluecane and 11 others like this.
  23. lucas1801

Good on you if you do, and at least you accept to ship first. But there is a reason the list is held highly, hey you even link it in your profile. Just trade the right way from here on out and you can rebuild/build a rep.

24. NJR19056

NJR19056 Initiate (92) Mar 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Are you fucking serious? He didn't notice "the line of communication"??? You didn't send til there was a bad trader thread. End of story. Who in their right mind would trade with you???

BrettHead, jrnyc and xxcarpxx like this.
  25. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (154) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Ndepriest, are you in trouble? Is he there? Type 01101 if he's holding you hostage and demanding you clear his name. We'll try to contact the authorities.

26. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Initiate (0) May 29, 2010 California

If we needed further evidence that Tom is a stand up guy, he changed his profile pic mid-thread from a super douchey one of himself sitting in his car to a politician-kisses-baby photo of him and his son wearing matching shirt and tie. Ah, Tom, you are so adorable and sympathetic that we are all lining up for the 8 month zombie dust plan you are so generously offering. For a limited time, cell phone number included at no extra charge!

27. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

Well I guess have fun being in your "right" mind and not trading with me. I surely won't be losing sleep over it

28. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Canada (QC)

Although the box you sent was very nice, I don't think you should be giving any attitude just yet. xxcaprxx came out as a little aggressive, I'll give you that but take a step back and look at this mess from a different angle. You took way too long.

It'll take time for this to blow over but it's not impossible to work your way out of it.

smutty33, RedBeeron and TomFoolery_x like this.
  29. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Initiate (120) May 15, 2011 New York

By reading this guys posts I assume he is the guy on the right in his avatar.

30. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

I guess all I'm saying is that Nick(ndepriest) is happy and that's all I care about. Because after all, he should be the only one complaining at this point.

31. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

Nope. I don't have any tattoos

32. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

Yeah, I'm the 6 year old child that's allowed to buy beer and make the same dumbass comments you are.

33. franklinn

franklinn Initiate (0) May 29, 2012 Vermont

YES! Popcorn time.

34. Mandark

Mandark Initiate (199) Apr 8, 2008 Illinois

Uwotm8?

35. pmoney

pmoney Crusader (778) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Meh, I liked the old profile pic selfie better.

atoulouk likes this.
  36. AldoRaine

AldoRaine Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2012 Canada (PE)

YOUR SELFIE IS DA GREATEST EVER.

domtronzero likes this.
  37. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (5,281) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

With all due respect to those who'd like to come here & make stupid comments at your expense, you should understand that this isn't true, but I'll explain it to you, just in case.

Bad traders have an impact on every one of us. This is a community where we send out packages, often worth $100 or more, on blind faith. When people don't hold up their end of the bargain, or have to have their feet held to the fire in order to make good on what they've said they would do, it affects all of us.

How, you might ask? Others see these threads & think "No way I'm trading beer" & we lose a potentially good member of the community (& even friends, I've made some great friends through trading). Other traders pull in their beer & decide to stick only with "trusted" traders & shut on the noobies. I could go on, but I hope you get the idea. The trading circle suffers from people who don't bother to follow up on commitments they've made.

Is this stuff important in the grand scheme of life? Not hardly. But to say "he should be the only one complaining" tells me that you don't understand how a community works. You fucked up. You're trying to make it right. Good for you. But don't expect people to shrug & forget about it, & take the abuse like a man, because you've earned it through your actions.

38. TomFoolery_x

Society Trader

Finally someone who isnt spewing non-sense on this thread. I appreciate the words wisdom and I can see what you mean

39. xxcarpxx

Best post on this thread...well put!!

smutty33 likes this.
  40. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Disciple (341) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

wah wah wah wah wah....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.