Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Top Reviewers function doesn't appear to be working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by brentk56, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentk56

Subscriber Beer Trader

In the past, top reviewers were listed based on the number of beers that they rated. Unless there was a recent change to this I missed, it appears to be out of whack.

For example, look at the Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot ranking which I chose at random as it has over 1100 reviews. Certain top reviewers still are being recorded correctly (northyorksammy, BuckeyeNation, mikesgroove and womencantsail, to name the first few) while others (NeroFiddled, oberon, geuzedude, jdhilt, ppoitras, Phyl21ca, BEERchitect, ChainGangGuy and myself, to name some that I noted) are buried at the tail end of the reviews.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

2. BEERchitect

I noticed that too and sent a message to Todd. I think he's working on it. It's a very odd glitch for sure.

3. barleywinefiend

Good question.
    Beer: Hads (2546 w/ 2546 Reviews) including Blithering Idiot. Nowhere in sight, not even top 75.

4. bobhits

Glad others noticed this. I was looking for a review by Kevin earlier and had to look him up to find it.

5. Todd

Todd Founder
    Staff Member Fest Crew Subscriber Beer Trader

barleywinefiend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe